Print

Author Topic: Who here doesn't like 8th grade?  (Read 12597 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: August 24, 2003, 10:46:22 PM »
I can't stand 8th grade already, and it's only the first week. I can't take it because I'm not cool and I'm not too much of a dork. I'm mediocre. I'm border-lining between mediocre and dork. I'm always tired. I don't like to get up early. I'm already ready for 8th grade to be out. I can't take this crap they give me at school.

Post here do voice your opinion about 8th, or if you want to but not too much; post about other grades that are like crap to you. Try to stay on the subject of 8th grade.

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 10:48:36 PM »
Im scared about 9th grade.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 11:38:52 PM »
Well, I don't hate 8th grade that much.  I mean, oldest in the school, and we get to write quotes under our pictures in the yearbook.  My siblings have written: Beware of the penguins, To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are, As long as there are tests there will be prayer in school, and I don't remember my oldest brother's.  And I didn't go to a lot of dances last year, but after musical theater camp, I know a bunch of people and want to go to them now.  The particular camp class was three other boys and like twenty girls.

Relish is at your command!

Edited by - Markio on 8/24/2003 10:39:52 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 10:26:35 AM »
 Hm, Eighth Grade? I enjoyed it quite a bit. I can't believe it's been four years already.

Anyway, I'm not a morning person either. Waking up at 6:30 isn't much fun, but, it's something I deal with, and something a lot of us must do.

I guess I can understand your situation, as I wasn't a real popular kid myself. I would definitly classify myself in the Nerd category. No doubt about that.

However, I wasn't one of those "Trekie" sort of nerds. Introversion all the way. But, I guess I got lucky. My group of friends, all of which I had to make in 7th grade, basically enjoyed the same sort of things as I did. So I fit in quite well. Still do.

Girls on the other hand, are not my forté. Ahem, don't misunderstand that, all I'm saying is that I'm lousy at talking to them and such. But, yes, I'm sure I understand you a bit.

Basically, make the most of it. Whining about it won't change anything. Just take it with a grain of salt, I guess. (Enjoy it now, as it doesn't get much better.)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 11:30:39 AM »
You guys better cherish 8th grade because high school is alot harder.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 12:55:36 PM »
I live sort of away from my school, so I have to get up at six.

Relish is at your command!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 03:15:20 PM »
Bummer...
8th grade wasn't all *that* bad for me... Wow...Can't believe it's already been 4 years! (I feel old now...lol)
Last year, though... *shudder*  Let's just say, I don't like having the feeling of deja vu this year...  No, repeating your Junior year is NOT fun...escpecially knowing that most of your friends are graduating, while you have to stick around ANOTHER butt-awful year...

Meh, I've HATED school since about 5th grade. Let's just say...I wasn't the most popular kid around there... I wasn't a nerd, just it seemed the snobby popular kids (what's a school to do without them. XD) hated me...

High school? Not so bad. All the kids were just indifferent, except for my friends.
Moving to NC? Now THAT'S when my life got good. ;)  I feel so very loved now... Warm fuzzies for all! ^_^

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/25/2003 2:15:53 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 05:22:42 PM »
Warm fuzzies for all?
That is the craziest thing I have ever seen on these forums. I just had to type that of my chest.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 06:43:13 PM »
well, those years are gone and past, i did enjoy the 8th grade, but ninth grade, howevere weird, wasn't as bad...don't ask, i made freinds with a couple of juniors and sophmores (im one now) and if i told them i liked mario they'd probably say "Who?" because i only have 3 freinds that are into anything close to mario, but me and my best freind since the 2nd grade (screech) are the only ones who have played and beaten a whole lot of Mario games (together) and recently he told me of the TMK message boards, well any way, freshman year isn't as bad as you think it will be, and enjoy getting off with just algebra and (or) pre-algebra, because algebra 2 is no fun. Oh and in respons to "My siblings have written: Beware of the penguins..." Our group of freinds we often refer to as Penguins and are fastinated by them...just think about it, in the show "The Most Extreme" on animal planet, they are the top 3rd dad AND survivor....just think about that

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

Edited by - gunblade88 on 8/25/2003 5:45:31 PM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2003, 07:04:42 PM »
I understand totally, Black Mage. But today, I actually had kind of a good day. I have a couple friends in tennis and Wind Ensemble, (band) I play the Tuba, and if you haven't played in three months because of vacation, then you aren't going to be too good your first time back in the loop. Uuuh, I'm going to have a great year in tennis too. There are a lot of 7th graders who can't play worth a flip. There are only 3 8th grade guys and girls. All the rest; 7th graders. The only people I will have a little competiton over are the other two guys. Fortunatly, they are my friends.  But, i will dominate because I bought a top-of-the-line Wilson Triad 3.0. Venus or Srena Williams uses this racket.

It is a 300 dollar racket!!! But I got it brand spanking new off of Ebay for only 79 dollars!!! That's without shipping. It was a New York pro shop that had an Ebay store. I got it for less than a third of the price! I will dominate!! Ha ha!

I couldn't kick butt today though beacuse I didn't have my stupid, "If you fall and die, call the hospital emergency forms" today. i didn't have to run though. Ha! I'll kick butt tomorrow though.

Who here doesn't consider Tennis as a contact sport? If you don't, I beg to differ. I was hit directly in the nose last year with a speed serve. Right as I looked up, *dramatic slow-mo starts* I saw the ball, and it smacked me pretty hard. I tried to pull a Matrix move, but instead I dodged into the ball kind of. I didn't feel it though but my nose bled uncontrollably. I had blood all down my face, on my shirt, shorts, all on my shoes, and my arms were completly covered in it. It was horrible. My nose swelled up slightly.

Man, I wonder how it would have felt if I got hit in the nose by Agassi's fastest serve: 136 MPH. Ouch.

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2003, 07:20:45 PM »
Ouch. I am only in seventh grade, so I don't know. I had an okay day, with the only homework being Spanish words to study.

Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!! I like saying Yay!!! YAY!!!!!I like pie.All your base are belong to us.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who

...v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2003, 08:37:18 PM »
In sventh, the class split into 7th gr. math, and 8th gr. math, and I was in 8th grade math group.  This year, I made it into the algebra group, opposed to 8th grade math.  we took an Algebra readiness test.

Why do we drink COW milk?  Who was the guy who said, "I think I''ll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze ''em!"?

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 12:46:13 PM »
You guys better cherish high school because college is a lot harder.

You guys better cherish college because the working life is a lot harder.

You guys better cherish the working life because retirement is a lot harder, what with no Social Security.

And then comes the nursing home. w00t! woot!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2003, 04:50:52 PM »
Well, we don't have a certain catergories of dorks or anything.  Just 4 catergories roughly:

Punks

This includes skaters, people in troublr all the time, etc. They think they can do whatever the heck they want, when they want. Bossing people around all the time. I don't do anything because if I were to, I would get in trouble. They always seem to get out of trouble, and if they do get caught, they don't care. Their parents obviously don't care either, because I think that their kid getting in trouble is the cue to do something about it ( Punks do this without any regards to teachers.)

Dorks

Real weirdos here. The weirdest of all and scariest: Robert Raper. He had a bald spot in 6th grade because he would always pull out his hair. He would try to cut himself to gets scabs and study them. He would try to sneak up on you and put a booger on you. *shudders and gags* I bet he is like this because his parents are MEAN.

Preps

They think they're THE most perfect human beings on this Earth. They're so perfect they think, that they can even bump in to their friends! They'll try to dodge out of the way of them. They're too perfect to be touched by anyone else but the prep guys. I would fit prep guys in to the punk catergory. In my lunch, which is B-lunch, there are about 75 prep guys and girls in there. Also, about 50 punks. Couple dorks.
The only people preps can talk to are their other perfect friends. But wait, why would they like their friends? Just like Sapphira said in one thread, "If you were perfect, then you would hate every living human being on this planet." Right you are Sapphira. So they aren't perfect. They sure is heck can't be perfect if they treat other people like dirt, making rude remarks. Doesn't sound like a perfect person to me.

Average People

If you were to classify me, hmm...
Well, I'm border-line average. I'm hanging on for dear life not to fall below the avrage line, although I feel my hands slipping. I have pretty normal friends who stick up for me though. Although it is still bad. Well, at least I'll get to kick some butt tomorrow in tennis. I finally got my emergency papers filled out, so I'm ready to pound the 7th graders. Ha!

Well, that's Belton Texas' Junnior High for you. The schol was built in the 50's and has seen very few reapirs. The only major repairs were the roof of every building getting tarred over again, which smelled awful. They have it to where you must walk to almost all your classes. Very annoying.
But I guess that's not as bad as the higher grades to come.

Edited by - Trainman on 8/26/2003 3:55:13 PM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2003, 04:57:55 PM »
Hey folks, take a look at my sig. It is the top ten funniest things to do in the mall. I will go down the list starting with the number one thing to do. I wish I could give people the link to this funny page, but that would be breaking the rules.

Print