Print

Author Topic: Wierdest project  (Read 2905 times)

« on: June 02, 2005, 11:46:47 PM »
What is the wierdest project you have ever done.  It could have been for school, fun, or work if it applies.

The strangest project I have ever done was just recently for my Social studies project.  I built a Plinko board, but instead of dollars at the bottom, I had Greek review topics, written with the Greek alphabet.  For the disks I used bad 80's compilation cds, two glued together, and spraypainted.  Because it was the most original idea my teacher had seen, and that she gave me a 100 on it, I let her keep it.

Now the rest of you need to start thinking about your projects.

Coconut Mike-N-Ikes->Marios preferred candy
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 12:46:03 AM »
I made an index for four years of Nintendo Power magazine (Volumes 116 through 162). 'Twas a strange project simply because it is about the biggest waste of time I have ever committed.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 02:16:07 AM »
Writing all the dialogue from both SMRPG and Paper Mario. My family thinks I'm crazy for that; maybe they're right. I've stopped doing that for the most part due to text dumps (thank you, Deez, for PM2's :D ). Whee.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 03:24:51 PM »
Definitely beating Super Mario World 2 with my feet. All 48 of the basic levels. I averaged something like an 80.2/100 per level or something.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 05:55:12 PM »
- Painted an SNES and SMW to match my platinum GCN w/ black GameBoy Player.  More about that later.

- SNES arcade cabinet.  (never completed)

- Recording DVD video of SM64DS, WWTouched, and WWTwisted credits.

- Collecting all the cards and almost all the ingame items for Animal Crossing.

- Beating Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3 and all the e-World (card) levels then giving the cart to my brother for Christmas.

- Super Mario Breakout DarkBASIC PC game

- Etch-a-Sketch clone on GBA

Projects in the works:

- Beating SMB and other Mario games using a GCN dance pad.

- Finish SNES arcade cabinet.  (may never happen)

- Build a PC in an NES case.  (on hold since Dremel was stolen)

- Paint SMB screens on game room walls.  (will have to wait until we move again since my current game room is too small)

- Interview Miyamoto (will have to wait until at least next E3)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 06:37:25 PM »
--Writing novels based on the Pokemon RPGs. I have one for Red version, one for Crystal version, and I'm working on one for Ruby version. They are very close to how the game goes except the main character names his/her Pokemon after anime characters (the same ones in my games) and are accompanied by friends like Ash is. I'm just doing it for myself. I never asked anyone to read them.

--Marking what episodes of what anime are on the tapes I record.

--Drawing anime characters as Pokemon since I can't draw them as humans.

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 11:33:25 PM »
I suppose possibly the weirdest thing I do is my ongoing project of catalogging my collection of VHS tapes containing almost every episode of every Star Trek series.

Or I dunno, maybe ripping all the video I have on my video camera from E3.

Or "The Goggle Files," a top secret thing that has been going for years.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 10:15:56 AM »
I forgot at about this.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 12:58:16 PM »
For my Junior Prom, My friends decided that I had to go wearing a tuxedo made entirely out of ductape. Sadly, it didn't work (not enough time or tape) and we really didn't get anything done.
I'm thinking I'll try it again next year though.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »
I periodically make a neat, weird, short movie.

One time I did the two things that Watoad said he'd never do on the internet.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 05:34:16 PM »
I'm guessing those two things were to show a pic of yourself in your boxers and then to first name(latter is probably wrong; first one too, maybe).

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 07:02:15 PM »
> I forgot at about this.

Wow, that's pretty cool.  I like all the little touches* you put in there.

* Pun not intended, but accepted nonetheless.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 10:19:25 PM »
It is with great privilege and honor that I present this grand award to Luigison: The Most-Creative-and-Biggest-Entertaining-Waste-of-Time award!  Hooray!  Very cool.  Especially the bubble wrap.

I actually have several weird projects I have done.  I wrote down every single mini-game from MP1 in a notebook, instructions of the game, tips, and even little pictures of symbols that represented them.  I also made up a ton of my own ideas for mini-games and drew pictures for those as well.  I don't know what was wrong with my head but I'm glad that I don't do that kind of stuff anymore.

More weird projects:
- Read all of the mailbags at TMK
I'll think of more later.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print