Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Strikers  (Read 2736 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:21:13 PM »
This is appears to be a good game in the making, but a couple things I question (it doesn't bother me though):

-Why does Mario and like... the whole crew have mean "AAH IM GONNA KILL YOU" faces constantly? It's cool, but it is because Next Level Games wanted it that way, or are they just trying to make Mario more teen-oriented?

-Peach... they made her look.... too.. real...... oh... but I'm not saying anything at all. I have a girlfriend and am happy with her so eh, say what you want, but in the words of David Dayton, "if they made a life-size Peach doll, [there would be a shortage of people] sending in mail."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 06:21:30 AM »
1. Well soccer is a tough game, close to football, but I hear if you beat a player up too badly, they get a special item to use against you.

2. This is where Nintendo should have gone with her in the first place, Im giving them a thumbs up on that.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 07:33:51 AM »
1. Uh... I don't know. But he looks cool!

2. Maybe they're trying to get a different kind of audience.

The game is developed by Next Level Games and they're trying to move Mario to the darker side but not too much.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 08:02:13 AM »
Is Next Level a new company? I've never heard of it before.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 08:12:30 AM »
They helped in making Sega Soccer Slam, and they made NHL Blitz.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 09:51:30 AM »
I think this is fantastic!  Mario games don't have to stay this way but it's so amazing to get a taste of what they could be like for older gamers.  Everyone looks crazy tough and Peach and Daisy needed a new look (although I wonder if the shorts aren't lacking too much fabric)

If something like this is possible, and other companies see how powerful the Mushroom gang can be, then who knows what more is to come?  I can't see foot ball happening, but the horizon still looks bright and colorful.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/5/2005 7:53:15 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 06:02:21 PM »
I can't wait for this game, to be honest. Although it doesn't look or play as well as Mario Baseball, it more then makes up with the "smack each other and have a blast" feeling.

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 11:44:48 AM »
I have a feeling it will be rated E10.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 05:13:50 PM »
Everything's overrated, especially SSBM. T? Someone had too much butter beer.

Edited by - Mr.Melee on 11/6/2005 3:14:47 PM
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print