Print

Author Topic: End of the world  (Read 9053 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: January 28, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »
Sometimes this can be a depressing subject, but I am really curious to see what others think about it.

How do you think the world will end? Here's my views on it:

I don't really think the world is very suddenly going to be engulfed into nothingness. I've heard too many theories that the world is going to end on 2012, or 2037 because of some scripture in Revelations. I think that, like many do, that the world will have a giant devestating flood from global warming, probably not in our lifetime, though. See, I don't think God will be the reason earth will one day end. Because, he said that he would not deliberatley send another life-threatening disaster to earth, after the whole Noah's ark thing in Genesis. But, the earth will probably exist after global warming; for animals that can survive in those conditions. For animals like fish, and underwater species, life will go on, and maybe that will evolve into more sophisticated speices, eons after the humans are gone. But, slowly but surley, the earth will be engulfed by the sun, and those speices will die, unless Ford Prefect will come to save them! ;D

But, what are your views on the end of the world?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 01:52:05 PM »
My view is that time will just stop and whoever is alive at that time will be stuck on the same month/day/year/hour of when it happens for the rest of eternity. All the clocks would hafta be trashed. XD
"Spiders! They want me to tap dance! I don't wanna tap dance!" ~ Ron Weasley, Prizoner of Azkaban movie

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 01:56:02 PM »
I don't really think the world is very suddenly going to be engulfed into nothingness. I've heard too many theories that the world is going to end on 2012, or 2037 because of some scripture in Revelations.

People look too deeply into Revelation. They do not understand what it is about. Revelation is a Message from God given to John of Patmos. He was telling the early church to "hang in there" from the persecution by the Romans. This book offers little about the apocolypse. It is more concerned with teling the poeple of the day, in a code that only they would understand, that everything will be OK. They only need to hang in there and God will save them. 
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 02:09:10 PM »
*singing* It's the end of the world as we know it... it's the end of the world as we know it... it's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fiiiiiiiiiiiine!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 02:16:57 PM »
Always enjoyed this site. http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 02:54:34 PM »
I like that song by REM.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 02:57:39 PM »
The world will end when Chuck Norris comes out of hiding according to Uncyclopedia.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 03:01:04 PM »
^

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »
Deezer, that's  an interesting site.

I liked http://www.exitmundi.nl/Dreamsend.htm the most.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 06:51:51 PM »
*note: the following post is meant to be taken in jest*

I think the world will end when Prinsess Diana comes out of hiding, then everyone will be like "WHAT THE CRAP SHE'S STILL ALIVE?!?!?" and die.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 06:55:11 PM »
I think the world will end when the sun expands into a red giant. Everyone wouldn't be able to take the heat, and die.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 07:00:13 PM »
Nintendo will quit.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »
The End of the world will happen when God see's fit. It could happen tommarrow, or the fifteenth year after 2000 who knows what. When he does send his son Jesus at the second coming, those who want him are sent to Heaven and those who don't are.....well, you know. Those who wish to stray from him are given exactly what they want: An enternity of suffering, away from God. Keep in mind that this is my opinion. I'm really not in the mood for a big fight over what's wrong or right. This is what I think will happen.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 10:22:03 PM »
Way to make this light-hearted topic extra uncomfortable! Really, good job!

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 11:09:32 PM »
I found a hillarious flash animation called "The end 'o the world". But it has a lot of swearing and such.

If I could, I'd post a link, but I think it is part of the rule: "Do not make links to inappropriate content".

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 11:26:06 PM »
I love that toon! Like when the French people say, "But I am 'le tired!". But it still dosen't beat the internet-bound "Asian Pride" rap. That one is hillarious.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 11:42:09 PM »
You saw it? That's my favorite flash since the thirty minute one on abyss.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 11:44:08 PM »
See, I don't think God will be the reason earth will one day end. Because, he said that he would not deliberatley send another life-threatening disaster to earth, after the whole Noah's ark thing in Genesis.

Didn't God say in Genesis, "I will never send a flood to destroy the world?"  That leaves a few openings for other things.  But seriously I actually believe PL on this, no matter how funny that sounds to some people.  I believe that Jesus will take his followers to Heaven with Him and the rest of the world will remain to face horrible punishments for a long time (but I hope that it won't be too late for them to change).  I could say a lot more about this but I don't think it would be a good idea since I not only can't remember or understand many things I read, but also don't want  to offend people.  Just like always though, this is simply my opinion and I won't push it on anyone.  I've heard these things from Revelations, the Left Behind books, and other places but I have no clue when the world could end.  But I don't really care because I know I'm ready for it, yet I want and need to help others be ready before it's too late.  Wow, I think I just discovered a big reason why some people get very offended from Christian beliefs.  How did I miss that?

Nonserious answer: In the year 2666, the planets shalt spinneth out of control and flyeth straightforward into the sun, creating the most magnificient exblowsion the universe has ever seeneth.  Then in 10 berjillion and four score years the sun shalt exploditate and recreateth the big bang, which shalt then restart evolution and restoreth life for another several thousand years and repeateth this until the aliens can fixeth the problem once and for alleth.

GG: That was a priceless moment of Chicken Little.  Eh heh heh... heh.

Deezer: Your link had a bad word in it!!  Of all people.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 11:46:19 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 11:47:05 PM »
You saw it? That's my favorite flash since the thirty minute one on abyss.
Is it the one with "And then the Australians are like "WT(D), mate?"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 11:48:47 PM »
Yes. Seems like a lot of people saw it. ;)

Deezer posted bad format. GASP! (No, just kidding. It's not really a big deal to me.)

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 12:13:33 AM »
and ze russians were like "PREPARE ZE MOTHERLOAD"

...or something like that

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 02:23:56 AM »
Ahhhhhh! The motherlaund!! (or something like that..)

Back to topic: I think the world will end whenever the Gods see fit. It could be tomorrow, or it could be 1,000 years from now, but whenever..

I just don't want it to end in my lifetime. I know I'm not ready yet.. :(

EDIT: fixed some typos. It's time for bed.. :p
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 11:19:35 AM »
Way to make this light-hearted topic extra uncomfortable! Really, good job!

The topic said to give your opinion on how the world would end. This is my opinion. Got a problem with that? I don't know why, out of all the opinions, you had to pick mine to insult. Is it because it has to deal with Jesus Christ? I'm sorry, but I had no intention of making this topic "uncomfortable." No one else seems to be bothered.

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
This topic is... depressing. That's why I'm going to forget about it by playing Electroplankton or DDR: MM. :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 11:44:18 AM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2006, 09:12:20 PM »
The server will crash.

You see, our lives are really just one big computer simulation.
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2006, 09:22:18 PM »
I hope it doesn't involve suffering or chaos.  In other words, I hope it doesn't involve the world. *rolls eyes exhaustingly*
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2006, 09:26:39 PM »
I wonder what this red button does.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2006, 09:27:27 PM »
Luigison wins.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2006, 11:33:47 PM »

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2006, 11:40:29 PM »
... or does Luigison win?

*Snatches trophy back from Luigison and gives it to Deezer*

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 12:50:03 AM »
* Luigison presses

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »
It's the end of the topic!!! We are all going to die!!
I'm a horrible person.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »
Personally, my theory is that the world will end at a time that's convenient to me, say, about a year after I die. It'll probably either collide with a space probe from Mars, or be taken over by the SkyNet computer (whichever comes first).
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 08:45:59 PM »
I think the world will end when the aliens come and blow it up. ;D
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 11:08:26 PM »
SHROOB'D!!!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 11:18:42 PM »
JAIL'D!

Anyway, I still stand by my earlier views that the sun will eventually engulf the earth, or come dangerously close to doing so, therefore roasting everything.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2006, 11:24:27 PM »
Aaw, my Shroob.
In that case, wouldn't the sun be getting closer to Mars as well, enabling it to support life accompanied by technology?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 11:33:28 PM »
Just say the Sun engulfs Earth, and then doesn't go any further. Mars would still be about 70 million kilometres away from the Sun, which is too close. Earth, right now, is 150 million kilometres away.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2006, 10:51:37 AM »
Actually, I've heard that, around the year 2040-something, a gigantic asteroid would collide with the earth, posibly wiping out all civilization as we know it.

But that's where my plan comes in. You see, I have begun constructing a special spacecraft that would escape from the earth just as the asteroid impacts. Who here wants to join?
every

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2006, 12:43:24 PM »
Let's see...in 2040 I would be 53, which is about how old my parents are now. Of course, humans will probably be living longer then because of advances in medical technology.

Sure, sign me up. I've always wanted to go to outer space and see other planets. And I'll probably still be all alone in 30-some years, so I wouldn't have to worry about a family to support.
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2006, 07:39:54 PM »
Actually, I've heard that, around the year 2040-something, a gigantic asteroid would collide with the earth, posibly wiping out all civilization as we know it.

The asteroid is named after an anchient Egypt-type God. However, the chance of collision is 1 in a 10,000 chance. Sooooo.......I don't think it'll happen. Besides, even if it did, it would only have the strength of the bomb we dropped on Japan 100,000x over. The strongest bomb Russia dropped was actually pretty close to that. I'm not really all that worried.

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2006, 07:45:53 PM »
When Global warming continues and Earth becomes the Water planet.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2006, 09:05:29 PM »
The world will end when the big scary moon gets too close to Clock Town!

Print