Print

Author Topic: A computer question...need advice  (Read 2576 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« on: October 15, 2006, 03:41:35 PM »
You guys all seem pretty good with computers so I thought I'd throw this out.

I'm wondering if there's a good screen saver out there for Mac OS 9 that would let me sequence pictures while I'm not using the computer. Even though I have a laptop and can sleep it I have some pretty sweet pics that I'd love to flash as people went by (of my friends and I).

Anyone familiar with this type of program or know someone who would be?

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:55:37 PM »
iPhoto has a slideshow feature that lets you use your pictures as your screensaver.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 06:37:28 PM »
Makes me think of this old program I have on Win3.11. Can't remember the name now, and I'm sure it isn't compatible with Mac OS.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:56:49 PM »
No, I can't think of one. Macs never really had any real screensavers until OS X. (By the way, have you ever considered upgrading?)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »
All a screensaver's true purpose is to prevent the screen from phosphor burn-in. I didn't find a screensaver to be truly important when I used Mac OS 9 on my computer. I was content with the monitor being put to sleep after half an hour or whatever I set it to.

I'm sure if you Googled something like "Mac OS 9 picture screensaver" you'll get something close to it...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
Hmm, maybe I should just use PowerPoint and put the slides on timer? There's really no good screen saver for OS 9?

Oh, and I'm not upgrading to OS X. I hate OS X. I know they won't make anything new for OS 9 ever but it's easy to use and as long as I can run AIM, the internet, and some productivity software (Word, MacDraw, etc) I'm fine with it.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 08:33:39 PM »
Understandable. My father was attached to OS 9, as well.

You're correct though, there are no good quality screensavers for Mac OS 9.....that are free.

After Dark has pretty cool screensavers, but I'm sure it'll cost a bit.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 08:59:02 PM »
I got After Dark for Windows for like $3 a while back.
That was a joke.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 10:51:50 PM »
I had After Dark on my old computer (a Macintosh LC, if you're familiar with that one; they had them in most elementary schools). It didn't work on the iBook but maybe I just had an old version.  It was a lot of fun--there was a fish tank simulator, flying toasters, the puzzle one, a can of worms, and the big booming supernovas. I don't recall a picture show but you're talking an older program here so it probably wouldn't read the pics from my digital camera/downloads from other peoples webshots anyway. I know I got the LC in 1992 so After Dark is probably a little older.

I still have the LC in its original box, by the way. Wonder if it will ever be worth something. I'm not planning on getting rid of it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 04:45:13 PM »
Old computers generally aren't worth anything. Especially stuff that there's still 398245 of like the Macintosh LC.
That was a joke.

Print