Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710071 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1140 on: December 05, 2006, 10:27:34 PM »
Ugh, I didn't even bother looking at that photo again, it grossed me out once before. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1141 on: December 06, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »
My ANGST is related back to the time I was robbed. Well, it just so happens that one of my friends most likely used to know the crooks that burglarized my house. He even knows what street they live on and that they have a criminal record. This ticks me off because the police won't take ten minutes to go down that street, find them, see them with my stuff, arrest them, and return it to me. I know there are bigger fish to fry out in this place, but it would only take less than a doughnut break. All I really want back, however, is the memory card to my GCN and the wireless adapter/receiver for my Wavebird controller. Maybe one day it'll happen, but it most likely won't.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1142 on: December 06, 2006, 05:01:18 PM »
You could always go to Wal*Mart and buy some stuff there, with all the money you're going to get from putting things on Ebay (that was you with the Ebay plan, wasn't it?)

.. and on a Wal*mart note, here is some related ANGST (I had to bold it, it's worth it)

I was getting off of work the other night, and one of the girls that works in Electronics was getting mad at a couple of stupid customers. The mom was on her cell phone, and her little girl kept messing with things on the cashier's keyboard. The girl in Electronics finally got mad enough to say something, and said "Ma'am would you please get off of your cell phone? Don't you have any common sense?"

A couple of redneck (not the funny kind of redneck, the stupid kind) guys were behind the woman on her phone, and the one closest to the front of the line turned to his friend behind him and asked (please note: I am not kidding) "Common sense? Isn't that the name of a band?"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1143 on: December 06, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »
A couple of redneck (not the funny kind of redneck, the stupid kind) guys were behind the woman on her phone, and the one closest to the front of the line turned to his friend behind him and asked (please note: I am not kidding) "Common sense? Isn't that the name of a band?"

xD
That quote just made my day.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1144 on: December 06, 2006, 05:19:36 PM »
My roommate was carded for buying Krazy Glue at Wal*Mart. Because, as you know, all under 18 year old males do NOTHING with Krazy Glue besides sniff it as a drug. No exceptions.

Also, one of my 21 year old friends was not allowed to buy alcohol despite having a valid ID.

Ya, I hate Wal*Mart. Immensely.

Also, the common sense quote makes me happy and sad at the same time. Well done.
~I.S.~

« Reply #1145 on: December 06, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »
Sorry to post again so soon, but I have slightly more ANGST..

I have a big project in my animation class that is due tonight at midnight (or 1 o clock, Central time). I have some of it done, but I still need to go back and finish the parts of the animation that are missing, and then scan it in and turn it into an animation.

I am going to school to become a game designer, and one of my courses this term was Intro to Animation. Maybe after I get done with this animation, I'll post it so that my good friends here can see it. :)

Well, here's to hoping I finish this monster before midnight.

* Toad picks up paper and draws like mad.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #1146 on: December 06, 2006, 09:26:04 PM »
I normally don't post in one of these vent sections, but I'm really upset with The Home Depot right now.

My contractor went to Home Depot to get some ceiling tiles for my basement. He had this 10% off coupon and the guy tried to lie to him and say that it wouldn't work until 12/15. Well, that's not what this coupon said. The best part? He had boxes of ceiling tiles (four huge ones), left them at the register, and stormed out. (He got them at another Home Depot for the lower price...they took it).

But here's where we're both mad. I'm looking at putting two sets of bifold doors in. There are no matching doors at either Home Depot he has tried. There are a few more in the area, but this is just stupid. Why would you only have one of each? Most people use pairs of bifold doors, at least when they install closets.

Anyway, this whole basement thing has two weeks to get done so we're cutting it close.

« Reply #1147 on: December 06, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »
My mother could lose the use of one of her eyes, and she has to stay in bed for at very least a week, getting up only to go to the doctor once a day to get it checked.  If after the week the cornea is healing alright, she'll still be stuck in bed, but her eye will be fine.  If it's not healing normally, the doctor will have to take the outer layer of tissue, and hope for the best, though at that point it's not likely she'll ever see out of it again.  Which is bad when trying to place food in front of customers.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1148 on: December 07, 2006, 12:20:08 AM »
I am sorry to post yet again so soon in the ANGST thread, but I have more ANGST..

I'm not going to be able to finish my animation project on time. I'm not even halfway to the minimum required frames for the finished project. I am hoping beyond all hope that I can get at least halfway through with this thing within the next 43 minutes, because then I could go to be somewhat happier and still be able to do the other half tomorrow and Friday, before I turn it in on Friday.

Gosh I hate procrastinating! I wish I could find a way out of it (the procrastination, not the project).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1149 on: December 07, 2006, 03:55:36 PM »
I don't mean to be off-topic or an interference on your ANGST, but what school do you go to? I'd really love to learn animation myself.

« Reply #1150 on: December 07, 2006, 09:18:07 PM »
I take an online course from a college in Colorado (I am in Arkansas).

Westwood College Online. They have had ads on G4 before (I don't know if they have ads now, as I don't watch G4 anymore..)

« Reply #1151 on: December 07, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »
My maternal grandmother is in the hospital. I don't think she'll be able to live to see 2007. My parents went to Connecticut today to see her in the hospital, and according to them, she was not doing very well at all.

Last month I went to Connecticut to see the relatives there. She was in a chair, her skin was very dark and sickly looking, and she could not speak very loudly, and she needed aid in being moved and using the bathroom.

365 days ago, she was not like this. She was able to walk, she looked (and was) very healthy, and was able to speak loud and clear. To be honest, even though I usually only saw her once or twice a year, I favored her a bit more than my paternal grandmother. She was warm, and she never yelled at her grandchildren.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1152 on: December 08, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »
So you're saying she only has a couple weeks?  I'm sorry, Vid.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1153 on: December 09, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »
.... I feel like I have a hole in my stomach. Vid, I pine for you....

« Reply #1154 on: December 09, 2006, 12:40:32 PM »
It's alright.  We're all bound to die sometime soon. Nature's course.

I have a follow-up ANGST! that goes back to the time of the Burger King staff not being able to get orders right 99% of the time.

I'd have to say that quite a bit of that is sometimes my father's fault. His memory of what his children and wife want aren't very good, and we usually have to relay our orders to him when he is talking to the magical speaker that takes our orders (though in the specific time I posted, my brother was driving, and he remembers our orders, it was all the BK staff's fault that time).

A few specific examples of this:
At a Wendy's drive-thru, my brother wanted a spicy chicken sandwich and a large Coke. The only ones in the car were my father, my brother, and myself. I didn't want anything. It wasn't a very hard order to mess up, but sure enough, he does anyway.
Father:"Hi, I'd like a LARGE spicy chicken sandwich and a Coke, please."
Girl working drive-thru: ".....A what, sir?"
Father: "A LARGE spicy chicken sandwich. And a Coke, please."

The girl eventually realized what my father meant, and pointed it out once she gave him the bag of food that what he had said confused her, as she laughed nervously. Me? I was in the back seat, laughing the whole time.

We were at the BK drive thru (same one as before), and everyone was in the car. This wasn't so much of a mess-up of an order as it was...

Dad: "Hi, how're you?"
Mom: "Jerry, you're talking to a sign. We aren't up to the speaker yet."
My siblings and I: *ROFFLECOPTER*

Though those examples were more humorous than annoying, his constant mess-ups are becoming more of a pet-peeve of mine rather than a source of amusement. I've found myself speaking up at the drive-thru over my father whenever I'm sitting in the front seat because my father doesn't see mistakes in the order he might've made himself.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print