Print

Author Topic: Winter 2007 ADVANCED Poster Awards  (Read 34792 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2008, 01:49:53 AM »
Poster of the Year: Bird Person
Topic of the Year (2nd): A proposal for a new Fungi Forums board
Post of the Year: CrossEyed7 in Worst--Movie--Ever.: "ASCII Graph Lecture"
Image of the Year: Lagoa de Yoshi by Fifth. TenMK by MaxVance for second.
Most Productive: Super-Jesse
Smartest (2nd): Suffix
Most Amiable: Suffix
Most Creative: Bird Person
Most Improved: Insane Steve
Best Newbie: Super-Jesse
Most Missed:
WTD Award: Lizard Dude
Best Sig: Jman: "I heard the song only once, and I knew it was going to be a #1 hit.  It was that bad."
 Boo_penguin: Before I go to bed I always scream "Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now and some girl appears and say  "Come on baby do the loco-motion" for second.
Best CT: Luigison: dn ǝpıs sıɥʇ. kirbyman: <(x¯x)> for second.
Deezer Award: Deezer
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2008, 02:09:19 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd.... That's it! Voting is closed. Please wait a period of 1-8 days for processing and awards.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 09:16:49 PM by Suffix »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »
Calculator bork'd? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2008, 09:16:07 PM »
The certificate-maker is sick. ;_;

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »
Really? I blame it on the Hollywood writers' strike.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2008, 12:16:14 AM »
I blame it on this-year's-awards-nomination-system-sucked-so-hard-that-half-the-people-didn't-vote-and-no-one-cares-plus-it-got-jacked-from-the-original-awards-doer-anyway-so-that's-another-reason-to-boycott-right-there syndrome.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2008, 12:18:14 AM »
I say it's all JJ's fault.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »
What if we have a nominations thread this year that runs all year so people can nominate as things happen on the board?  That would give more options (possibly too many) and more people might be inclined to vote at the end of the year.  It could logistically be tough with this board setup, but might be easier in the end if the nominations thread had rules like:  Only one reply per member (edit post to add nominations), nominations are limit to # per category, nominations end on (date), etc.    Then at the end of the year it would simply be a matter of copy and paste to make the awards thread.  Maybe even by then SMF and/or the FF might be updated to include multiple polls in a thread.  What do you guys think? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »
That sounds like a good idea-- except that I don't think we should limit the votes following the nominations over the year TO the nominations. The nominations system was developed in mind with making the votes afterward easier. People who post once in a 2008 Pre-Poster Awards thread might have something they'd want to nominate later on, which means... they could edit their post... You know what?! I think it's a great idea! It would make both voting and nominating easier! So forget what I said at the beginning of this post.

In the meantime, the certificates for this year will be finished any hour now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:21:15 PM by Suffix »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2008, 03:53:25 PM »
The only problem I see is that everything anyone would vote for would get nominated, and there would be so many nominations that it would be like there were never nominations at all. I'm just saying...

But then again, my input shouldn't matter anymore.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2008, 04:11:48 PM »
Not if there were a nomination limit.  Then each person would need to assess which nominations to hold onto upon reaching the limit, prioritizing to the top 3 or 5 or whatever.  And then the final nominations are counted only once it's time again.

I'm liking the idea of a running nomination system.  Years generally run pretty long, and a lot of things are forgotten by the end...
Go Moon!

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »
Who cares about amount of nominations? I think it would be EXACTLY the same as the past Winter ADVANCED Poster Awards, and the only difference is this time, the vote-worthy stuff is all in one spot (the "nomination" thread) instead of all over the site. Then the FINAL votes can be cast from stuff put in the thread. No nomination stage.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:19:01 PM by bobman37 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2008, 10:57:18 PM »
That's what I was thinking. People don't need to have a single list of nominations to make their votes, especially when the nominations are all out there.

However, you might consider that the supposed "nominations round" would take place over the course of a year.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2008, 07:04:29 AM »
Today is the 8th day me matey
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »
I think Suffix and I are on the right page. I approve of the idea.

Print