Print

Author Topic: BS Super Mario USA  (Read 3564 times)

« on: August 03, 2002, 03:33:56 PM »
Hello! Im going to talk about BS Super Mario USA. Deezer does have Info on it in the Japan release part of his site. The game is great. But its also very random. In case you were wondering about the title. The american version would probably read "BS Super Mario Bros. 2". For all people who still dont know the whole "doki doki panic" thing..... go to the SMB2 Madness special. BS understandibly stands for Bandai Satellaview. Bandai Satellaview-X was a system like thing for Japan SNES games.
BS Super Mario USA was a game released world by world each week of its release. The worlds were: 1, 2, 4, and 5. Its beyond me why they cut out worlds; 3, 6 and 7, but the game is still very challenging with the other 4. Actually BSSMUSA is sort of like SMA. But instead of finding Ace Coins, you have to find these golden Mario Statues. there are 3 in worlds x-1 and x-2, 4 are in world x-3. There is also this results screen showing the levels boss and how many Statues, Mushrooms, Coins and Cherries you collected so far. Sorry, there are no Warp Zones in this game, as all Vases you go into in subspace just take you to Wart. Defeat him for an extra life. As random as it gets, a lot of  "plagues" happen in the game. Some of the plagues that have happened to me:
Large eggs fall from the sky to attack you
Large Vegetables (both black and white) fall from the sky to attack you
The 3 birdos charge at you
Warts Bubbles coming up from the ground
You have that special jump even if you dont crouch
You automatically get a starman
A large heart comes down from the sky to give you Maxim health and invincibility
And More.
Also, randomly the game stops you and goes to the bonus chance screen, where you try to earn more coins (weird). after a few coins or you lose them all, it just goes to the credits screen. it shows a pic of birdo and the worlds boss. shortly after, the credits that scroll vertically, you see pictures of Japanese people (clearly they have helped made the game). And then it shows a pic of the next world, meaning that you have beaten the world (or game if you were on the last world). If I could rate this, I'd give it a ten. I know a couple of sites that have these roms for download:

http://cherryroms.com
http://edgeemu.com

Hope you enjoy the game!

Peeling fun off a tree!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 11:06:09 PM »
Hey, thanks for the info! I've been looking for those for a long time! Anybody know where I can find Doki Doki Panic?

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 08:40:31 AM »
Once again, A good site for that would be edge emu. they've got a hacked version of it so some of the changes arent there....im using a hacking program so i could edit it even more so it looks almost like the real game! because my emulator cant read FDS files, i could only use hacks....

Peeling fun off a tree!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 06:07:54 PM »
You mean a hacked version of SMB2? Or what?
Also, do you know much about Mario's Excitebike? I wonder why there's such a long pause between different things. Also the same thing in that SMB3 world 4 thing. Any solutions except the fast forward key?

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 12:16:24 AM »
Is your name short for VIDeo GaMe CHaracTeR?

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/5/2002 11:16:53 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 07:26:58 AM »
I get a lot of that....Its Video Game Cheater......Its very old...No, i do have that mario excitebike game, but i have no idea why its such a pause.....maybe the japanese means "now loading".....wait....you got a fast forward button???? one of the only cool features i have is taking pics of the games.....

Peeling fun off a tree!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2002, 12:18:10 AM »
After asking, I surmised it was more likely cheater than character... anyway, what emulator are you using?

That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 05:36:28 AM »
Well I have 3 emulators. I have an iNES, SNES9X, and a Virtual Gameboy (I have a Mac.) They are great. I can take great pics of the games, they are mostly in png format, although i dont know a code on how to put them on here.....

Peeling fun off a tree!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2002, 11:25:00 PM »
Oh. Well I don't use Macs very much... I hear from my best friend that SNES9X is the best for that system though... I thought it and ZSNES had pretty similar features. So I was surprised it doesn't have a speedup key...

That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2002, 05:25:18 AM »
Well, all 3 of my emulators have an internal Gamegenie/Gamehsark, So i'm not complaining.

Peeling fun off a tree!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2002, 11:48:05 PM »
That's cool. I think some of mine do... hmm...

That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2002, 06:11:15 AM »
Ok, I think I'm done now, unless Deezer or someone else has any questions about the game.....

Peeling fun off a tree!

Print