Muslim
1 (1.8%)
Other (Please Explain)
9 (16.4%)
Atheist
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Print

Author Topic: What's Your Religion?  (Read 129549 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »
Death is the main thing. The stupid die faster therefore there are less stupid people therefore the race is smarter. Of course it's way more complicated then that but you get the picture.  They found a skeleton from Africa in England, or something, and that proved it.

I still see retarded, autistic, and disabled people everywhere I go.  If evolution was true then we would be rid of all dumb and disabled people millions of years ago.

If your talking about that monkey skeleton Lucy, then it's just a fraud.  They said the same thing back in 1908 about piltdown man.  Piltdown man was supposed to be a very old monkey/human, in the development process.  All they found was a skull and part of a jawbone and said "THIS IS PROOF FOR EVOLUTION!!!".  They made an entire body out of just a jawbone and then they make piltdownman's wife!!!!!!  It turns out that the bone a pigs jaw, not a ape man.  This happened two other times with two other bones (I'm not going to go into them now) and all of them were proved frauds.  This is just another hoax to prove this far-fetched theory.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »
I still see retarded, autistic, and disabled people everywhere I go.  If evolution was true then we would be rid of all dumb and disabled people millions of years ago.

You apparently know how evolution works like a kitten knows how a can-opener works. Evolution is not some [darn] magical wand you're making it out to be. Do "retarded, autistic, and disabled(we'll revisit this one)" die because they are just that? No. No they don't. Evolution is natural selection. Why don't these people die? Because we as a society keep them alive via charity, medicine and good old fashioned caring. There is no penalty for being such things, thus they are not filtered out through natural selection.

And "disabled" which encompasses all the above. It's not always genetic. Many things can go wrong in the womb (The mother smokes, drinks, or plays full contact sports against better judgment). Many things go wrong during child-birth. Many things go wrong period. The world is a dangerous place, boyo. And again as a society, we treat these people as just that--people.

"Defective" people breed. What, are you gonna stop 'em? good luck.

And evolution sometimes favors the bizarre, but it's a gambit; not all mutations are beneficial.

If your talking about that monkey skeleton Lucy, then it's just a fraud.  They said the same thing back in 1908 about piltdown man.  Piltdown man was supposed to be a very old monkey/human, in the development process.  All they found was a skull and part of a jawbone and said "THIS IS PROOF FOR EVOLUTION!!!".  They made an entire body out of just a jawbone and then they make piltdownman's wife!!!!!!  It turns out that the bone a pigs jaw, not a ape man.  This happened two other times with two other bones (I'm not going to go into them now) and all of them were proved frauds.  This is just another hoax to prove this far-fetched theory.

One bitten twice shy? Science is more refined now.

Sadly, some scientist do jump to conclusions for fame. Are you blaming the whole for the acts of a few? And some are staged by people of your ilk just sour the trough.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 06:06:36 PM by Boo Dudley »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
I thought Piltdown man was a giant phony skeleton made of wood to prove the existance of giants. I may be wrong though.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »
That wasn't jumping to conclusions, though. Piltdown man was planted fake evidence.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2008, 07:59:08 PM »
I'm talking about the evolving part.  If everything bends towards decay how can life evolve?  If we evolved then why do we die?  Why don't we just keep evolving?  An 80 year old man  shouldn't be weak he should be ten times stronger, smarter, flexible, and faster as a guy that 30 years old.
Why doesn't my laptop's screen resolution and battery life get better the longer I run it? Crap, man, we're not all Pokemon, or something.

Evolving happens over thousands and thousands of years, people. We're not evolving anymore because we don't need to. Humans are intelligent enough to create things to make the world adapt to them.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »
I don't think that we're talking about the same thing. There's loads of evidence jfgi

jumping to conclusions
^^^^^^^^^^
That's what religion is about

"it's always the present"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:14 AM »
You apparently know how evolution works like a kitten knows how a can-opener works.

No, I study the topic I'm not ignorant in the least bit.  And I never said I wanted to "stop" disabled people.  Evolution is the religion that encourages killing off the weak, Christianity is the religion that trys to help them.  Back in the 1800's evolutionists in Vermont were sterilizing the disabled because they were disabled. You, "boyo" are the one that believes the sickly and disabled should stop breeding or kill themselves.  I don't.  You still haven't told me why evolution is exused from these basic laws of matter and physics.  Here, I'll re-post them so you can look at 'em again:

1. First Law of thermodynamics: Matter can't be created or destroyed, only transformed.
So if there is a God who created the earth, then that means he has will outside of that law.

2. All matter bends towards decay.  Is it possible for a house to evolve?  Once you build a house will it get
stronger or weaker as time goes on?  Does a peach get riper and riper or does it eventually rot?  Do humans die or
do they just get stronger and stronger over many years.

3.  It is a fact that life cannot be created in water because of hydrolysis.  Water cannot build up, it can only
break down.  So it is redundant to say that life started in water.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
You're still trying to apply the concept in a Pokemon kind of way, which is not what the theory means at all in the first place. It's applied to generation after generation over millions of years, not one lifespan.

That said, I'm not really a supporter of the theory as it is.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2008, 01:12:27 PM »
Alright, I'll take out the example of a human getting stronger and stronger in his life span.  But I'm still not taking out the fact that everything bends toward decay.  This is a law of physics, it's not just something that popped into my head while I was writing the reply.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »
Since when is this a deabte on evolution? Last time I checked, the thread's title was "What's Your Religion?", which is a completely different topic.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2008, 04:05:45 PM »
A species making small adaptations over millions of years wouldn't have anything to do with physics. You're still trying to apply it to some static, eternal object, which is not the idea.
Also, the first law of thermodynamics is that energy, not matter, can neither be created nor destroyed. That's a whole lot less specific.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
No, I study the topic I'm not ignorant in the least bit.  And I never said I wanted to "stop" disabled people.  Evolution is the religion that encourages killing off the weak, Christianity is the religion that trys to help them.  Back in the 1800's evolutionists in Vermont were sterilizing the disabled because they were disabled. You, "boyo" are the one that believes the sickly and disabled should stop breeding or kill themselves.  I don't.  You still haven't told me why evolution is exused from these basic laws of matter and physics.  Here, I'll re-post them so you can look at 'em again:

1. First Law of thermodynamics: Matter can't be created or destroyed, only transformed.
So if there is a God who created the earth, then that means he has will outside of that law.

2. All matter bends towards decay.  Is it possible for a house to evolve?  Once you build a house will it get
stronger or weaker as time goes on?  Does a peach get riper and riper or does it eventually rot?  Do humans die or
do they just get stronger and stronger over many years.

3.  It is a fact that life cannot be created in water because of hydrolysis.  Water cannot build up, it can only
break down.  So it is redundant to say that life started in water.

Ah ha ha ha ha

You are some kind of stupid.

Where in blue hell did I every encourage killing off the disabled? You asked why they are still around and I gave you an answer. Now you're accusing me of wanting to kill them off. Did your mother drop you on the pavement as a child?

And this "physics" you present. One organism doesn't not evolve. Decay is inevitable, hence breeding. Where does this energy come from? Look at the Sun. No really, look at it. It can't possibly scramble what semblance of a brain you have left. But I digress. The Sun provides the energy, and until it's out, life will go on. (Their are thermal vent that can power ecosystems, but that's a lesson for a different day.)

Accuse me again of trying to kill off the disabled, and I'll brain you. No joke.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:18:52 PM by Boo Dudley »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
A species making small adaptations over millions of years wouldn't have anything to do with physics. You're still trying to apply it to some static, eternal object, which is not the idea.
Also, the first law of thermodynamics is that energy, not matter, can neither be created nor destroyed. That's a whole lot less specific.

It takes matter to transform into energy and vise versa. For example wood, turns into heat when used with fire.  So I guess I kinda use them interchageably.  But your right it is energy.

"Defective" people breed. What, are you gonna stop 'em? good luck.

I took this as you telling me that I wanted to get rid of disabled people by stopping them from breeding.  If you don't want me to acuse you of something then you'd better word your sentences a little better.  And you may not want to cure these kind of people out of the population but your religion whole heartedly supports it.

Ah ha ha ha ha

You are some kind of stupid.

Did your mother drop you on the pavement as a child?

Look at the Sun. No really, look at it. It can't possibly scramble what semblance of a brain you have left. But I digress.

Accuse me again of trying to kill off the disabled, and I'll brain you. No joke.

Wow.  Kinda funny.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:17:52 PM by MushroomJunkie »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »
How much is the Boo Dudley/MushroomJunkie cagematch on Pay Per View?

But seriously, keep it civil, or we'll have our political discussion priveleges taken away again and I'll leave again and no one wants that. So play nice, please?

Or I'll stab both of you.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
MushroomJunkie:

Smoke isn't energy. Also, smoke is a byproduct of wood burning. It isn't transformed wood.

Whether it happens or not, evolution doesn't apply to humans anymore. "Survival of the fittest" I believe is meant to apply to wild animals, and doesn't mean we're going to kill off weaker people, since obviously we go to great lengths to keep people alive these days. In short, you don't know what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:27:01 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Print