Print

Author Topic: Merry Christmas Everyone!  (Read 8688 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 06:42:19 PM »
I got 2 ds games, 1 wii game, a ds, 2 gba games, a watch, 2 cd's, all the matrix movies, the first Dark Tower book and The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
A 50 Dollary Ebay gift card
A David Letterman Fun Fact Book
Four records wrapped in sets of two:
Niel Diamond - Headed For the Future
Police Album
Some Monty Python Album
Burlesque Humor - Redd Foxx
Some DVDs
The Man
The Andy Griffith Show 4 Episodes
Jackie Chan - Rumble In Bronx
The History Channel DVD game : Time Troopers
Some Candy Coins
A Chocolate Orange
Two clothe articles
DS flashcard made by Kingston
200 Dollar check (I'll get then money in three days. I know it's stupid but...)
50 Dollars from my aunt which I used to buy a ebay gift card

I'm still getting more money and my thing in January. (I think I got the best here) Hint notebook...
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 10:25:24 PM »
Went out to use gift cards today. Got myself a 14-foot ethernet cable for the ecksbawksthreesickstee and Project Gotham Racing 4. I was planning to get Chrono Triggger and a RAM upgrade for the laptop, but Best Buy and Wal-Mart were out of stock.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 01:55:55 AM »
Merry Christmas! I got:

Wii PJs (White shirt, sky blue pants)
Green House shoes
A laptop (kinda small though)
Color pencils

I didn't ask for video games this Christmas because I feel that you can buy them at anytime for that person, and then a month or two later, they trade it off...so...yeah. That's why.   
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 08:02:42 PM »
Guitar Hero pajama pants
Über Micro knit hat
Hard-soled slippers
USB-heated fingerless gloves

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 09:48:22 PM »
I apparently would have gotten some Wii underwear if my mom hadn't forgotten where it was in the store.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 11:11:23 PM »
DVDs
Tropic Thunder (Best comedy I've seen all year; Tom Cruise and Jack Black have some of the best lines ever.)
Dead Space: Downfall (A disappointment that I had high hopes for; standard run-of-the-mill faux-anime animation with an absurdly lame story. Serves only as a prequel to DS and nothing else.)
Doom [Unrated Edition] (First time seeing it; story and lots of other stuff sucks, but the FPS sequence makes up for it all.)
Scary Movie 4 and Duece Bigalow: European Gigolo (sigh)

Books
Eragon (Third time I've gotten it from my aunt; still have yet to read and probably never will.)
May Bird Book Two (Looks mildly interesting; may read one day when I'm bored.)

Games
N/A

Misc.
A bag of hella-good gourmet coffee
A cell phone (yeah!)
$25 iTunes gift card
$35 GameStop gift card
$20 Target gift card
A total of $60 in cash

All in all, a great Christmas with great presents.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 11:25:11 PM »
Wait, your aunt gave you the same book three times?
That was a joke.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 11:30:01 PM »
This Christmas was a bit different business from usual. Sonic Unleashed was the only Wii game I wanted, and nothing was out on the DS. Aside from a new pair of headphones and the last three booster decks of Killer Bunnies (a card game that totally isn't the cheesy children's game it sounds like), I had nothing to ask for. So then I thought...maybe I could replace the random unasked-for gifts I get every year but never use, with something I've dreamed of since 2006?

See, back when Sonic 2006 came out, I wanted it. Badly. And once I saw its mediocre reception, I STILL wanted it. The problem was, they didn't release a Wii version for some bizarre reason. I considered asking for a 360 then, but figured it wouldn't be worth just one game, especially since I also asked for a Wii. Christmas 2007 passed by without much real thought.

So when Christmas 2008 rolled around, I said "Heck with it." I asked for an Xbox 360, Sonic 2006, and both Rock Band games (I'd played the first at a friend's house and liked it), just to make the 360 worth more than one game.

So there you have it. I loved Sonic 2006, and now I'm off for Unleashed. I've already played a little of that game, since I got it on the Eve, and didn't receive 2006 until our annual Christmas Day trip to my cousins' house. So here goes the rest!

All in all, it was a pretty merry Christmas. I'll actually end up regularly using most of my presents this year - in the past, I was lucky if one-fourth had any meaning to me. :P

My brother got some presents too, like Brisingr. I enjoyed Eragon and Eldest, but I'm not really interested in reading Brisingr for some reason. I guess my interest in the series waned in all the time since I've read them (I read the two one after the other).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:32:50 PM by Reading »
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 01:32:49 AM »
The author of the Inheritance Cycle, Christopher Paolini, got his start selling his books on consignment at the store where I currently work. I see him from time to time and it's kind of a pain because I have to have him sign buttloads of books and then ship them to other needy stores.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 01:51:19 AM »
For Christmas, I got...

MUSIC:
The Grateful Dead - Rocking the Cradle: Egypt 1978
Phish - Undermind
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Scorpions
MOVIES:
WALL-E
The Rocketeer
MISC.:
Dunlop 222 Medium Brass Guitar Slide
Some cash
A few shirts
A Sketchbook

And that's about it. I hope everybody had a great Christmas!
What's your problem, Cambodian?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 02:03:03 AM »

Sonic! (sorry about the myspace look)

You're too slow!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »
Got the rest of my Christmas presents earlier: a $25 Visa gift card, a $250 GameStop gift card, $10 in cash, and an 8GB MP4 player.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:40:10 PM by WarpRattler »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 04:48:51 PM »
USB-heated fingerless gloves
This is the most useful thing I have ever heard of in my life.

Dead Space: Downfall (A disappointment that I had high hopes for; standard run-of-the-mill faux-anime animation with an absurdly lame story. Serves only as a prequel to DS and nothing else.)
I knew it!

Also weird hat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:00:58 PM by TEM »

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
Happy Hanukkah New Year.

Print