Print

Author Topic: You Rage (or Lose Faith in Humanity), You Lose  (Read 211662 times)

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »
In the sense that He is in charge of everything and that nothing happens that He doesn't allow to happen, then yeah, He controls everything.  In the sense that He is some sort of cosmic puppet master, no.  We're still guilty of sin because we're still the ones who committed the sin. 

...wat.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »
If I may ask my own question, what is it to you if someone forces them to stop?  If I'm wrong, then it doesn't matter one way or another, so why does it bother you?  Again, I'm claiming that it's wrong because the all-powerful and all-knowing Creator of the entire universe has said that gay sex is wrong. 
Same reason I don't let doors shut in strangers' faces on my way out of the gas station. I don't need a reason to want to make people happy/let them be happy. I'd like them to allow the same for me. Golden Rule. Respect. Unity as a species. Joy. Happiness. End of conflict. I like people. I've seen people do some cool things.

A lot of kings with absolute power have had their heads in a basket at the hands of angry, rebellious peasants. It's tough to kill a god but the reasoning is still there and we should question all rules, using our brains, to judge if they are reasonable. If you only won't because you're afraid he'll hit you with lightning for thinking otherwise, that's fine, I guess. Whatever.

You're claiming that it's not wrong... which, from an atheistic standpoint, it isn't.  Neither is genocide, or theft, or anything else. 
How dense are you really

What logic do you possess, if any, if you can't understand why I think one person taking the life of another is evil and two dudes screwing each other in their own privacy is just fine as long as I don't have to hear about the details

So now we're back to the same issue from four pages ago: by what standard do you live your life and decide your morals, and what makes that standard any better than any other?
The Golden Rule (boy do I love it), being as fair to everyone as possible. It's better than God's tinted glasses because of the part where it's as fair as possible to everyone. I think the most important thing in the world is to be able to understand someone else's perspective.

You're saying you would be caught unaware by something you yourself wrote the characters doing?
That's where you're crackin' me up--what do you think? Do you think we're puppets on strings with no free will, and that all will belongs to God? Did God himself write the script where I say he can suck my mortal dick? What is his ultimate goal if He knows how we will all die, is it all just for His kicks? If that's the case how can He expect anyone to overcome their gayness, I mean, it's in their script whether they do or don't, and He's read 'em all, right?

Edit: And if the answer is "no," then you have no analogy, not even the one I added
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:12:43 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2011, 08:30:39 PM »
Same reason I don't let doors shut in strangers' faces on my way out of the gas station. I don't need a reason to want to make people happy/let them be happy. I'd like them to allow the same for me. Golden Rule. Respect. Unity as a species. Joy. Happiness. End of conflict. I like people. I've seen people do some cool things.
Fine, but you seem to think this moral code applies to everyone.  What if someone disagrees?  What if he says murder is a-okay?  Why are you more justified than he is?

A lot of kings with absolute power have had their heads in a basket at the hands of angry, rebellious peasants. It's tough to kill a god but the reasoning is still there and we should question it with reason. If you only won't because you're afraid he'll hit you with lightning for thinking otherwise, that's fine, I guess. Whatever.
I think I've already said multiple times that obedience doesn't have to be out of fear.  I'm not sure why you keep coming back to that.

How dense are you really

What logic do you possess, if any, if you can't understand why I think one person taking the life of another is evil and two dudes screwing each other in their own privacy is just fine as long as I don't have to hear about the details
No, I honestly can't understand.  Why do you think it's evil?  If you don't wanna do it, fine, but to say that it's morally wrong for everyone else is awfully arrogant, isn't it?  And if I don't want two dudes screwing each other, why am I any more wrong than you?  I'm just not sure why you think logic has anything to do with it.  If there's no God, there isn't really much of a logical argument for or against murder's or homosexuality's being morally right or wrong.  Logic really doesn't come into it because it's basically "anything goes."

The Golden Rule (boy do I love it), being as fair to everyone as possible. It's better than God's tinted glasses because of the part where it's as fair as possible to everyone.
And again, it's not really possible to be biased one way or another if you're the one who creates the system.  Going back to the comic analogy, that would be like me saying your web comic is biased toward video games because you made a web comic about video games.  I guess... I don't know, am I not explaining this adequately?  God doesn't have tinted glasses, the universe comes pre-tinted because he made it that way.  It's not possible for an objective source to be biased.

I think the most important thing in the world is to be able to understand someone else's perspective.
Yet you keep implying that fear is the only reason I follow God's law, so I'm not sure you understand my perspective.

Did God himself write the script where I say he can suck my mortal dick?
Yes.

What is his ultimate goal if He knows how we will all die, is it all just for His kicks?
"Kicks" is probably not the word I'd choose in this case, but essentially, yes.  All of existence is for the glory of God, and one way or another all of existence will serve that purpose.

If that's the case how can He expect anyone to overcome their gayness, I mean, it's in their script whether they do or don't, and He's read 'em all, right?
Yes, but we haven't read that script; we don't know what will happen.  And He's still told us to do it, so we're not off the hook.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2011, 10:37:58 PM »
I guess the difference between us is that the only thing you ever judged for yourself about morality was that the bible should do it for you, and I do all my thinking on my own. It just clicked. You don't think anything is inherently wrong with stealing, killing, rape or adultery. You only think they're bad 'cause it's in your handbook.

And that is why I will never defeat you in a battle of reasoning. I give up. Again. You win.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »
Neeuuughhh...the Bible is only, what, a few thousand years old? And people were having gay sex long before it was written.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:16:50 AM by PaperLuigi »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
So if we eliminated the Bible from the picture, does that mean Turtle would be completely and totally lost? Unable to think for himself? If so, then that's pretty sad.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
So if we eliminated the Bible from the picture, does that mean Turtle would be completely and totally lost? Unable to think for himself? If so, then that's pretty sad.
No, I just would not want to tie myself down with such a silly outdated concept as morality unless it somehow benefits me.  What does that have to do with being lost or thinking for myself?

Also if you could prove God doesn't exist I would probably just an hero because the short amount of time we spend on this earth would not be worth the hassle in and of itself

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »
Also if you could prove God doesn't exist I would probably just an hero because the short amount of time we spend on this earth would not be worth the hassle in and of itself

Is this guy for real? That's pretty pathetic dude.

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
From some fanfic site.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
^
Yeah I lost.

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
Adults dressed as anthropomorphic mammals fondling children.

The comments only make it worse. If you watch really closely, you can see Fif-- BAD WEEGEE

EDIT: The competitive SSBB community in a nutshell:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:05:49 PM by Weegee »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2011, 06:46:07 PM »
Something tells me that every "we" "our" and "us" in that document would more accurately be replaced by "I" "my" and "me"

More than one person cannot be that much pure, concentrated n00b
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »
The competitive SSBB community in a nutshell
Sorry, but many of those items are the exact opposite of "competitive."  No competitive player outlaws a tactic because he feels it's "cheap."  Nor would they even have items on in the first place such that they need to make exceptions for some of them, let alone Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide who gets the Smash Ball, let alone not allow someone to attack the guy who does get it.

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2011, 09:34:01 PM »
By "competitive", I meant "hosts tournaments in their basement". Regardless, methinks you lost.

Print