Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226247 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »
I dreamed that I was semi-watching, semi-participating in some kind of Simpsons episode. (though it was really only a Simpsons episode because my mind said so) Someone dragged a police car by the side mirror into the appliance section of a department store, demanding that it be fixed since it was on the last day of its warranty. The security guard in charge said he should have come in yesterday, and his only hope was if he needed some small part that he could look for on the open market. The kid dragging the car threw a cup of water at the guard's poorly hidden camcorder and ran off down the aisles, at which point I became him. I stopped in one aisle, unable to tell which side the guard was coming at me from. Finally he showed up, and I ran the other way, toward some tall cylinders of laundry detergent. When I squirted them, they shot out in ribbons of liquid that hung in the air for a while. The kid (who suddenly wasn't me) told the guard that all these liquids were legal to ingest, so he wouldn't get in trouble for killing the guard with them. I pointed out, floating away disembodiedly until I occupied a position similar to the one I was actually sleeping in, that while that may be true, it is illegal in most places to force someone to ingest something against their will. Mary-Kate and Ashley then showed up, asking if it was illegal to squirt either whipped cream or shaving cream onto people. They then did so to me briefly, with the same ribboning-then-falling effect the detergent had had, and walked away, one telling the other that shaving cream would be messier. Then they got covered in frosting and went to my house, where the dog tried to lick some of the frosting off. But this wasn't my dog, even though it had the same name, instead it was a much shorter one with longer hair. Apparently we were trying to retcon this dog's existence, because at this time we still should have had the old dog. Later, I noticed that the dog was different again, this time some sort of cross between a rottweiler and a weiner dog who had to be pulled away from other dogs by its neck. My mom then explained that we were test-driving several dogs in sequence to replace our old dog. I said I liked the last one better, and she told me about one they'd had earlier which was really bad, mainly because he cheated on his wife by holding a toy ark in a bathtub. I saw the discovery of this play out as though it was a recreation by some photographer who got it to work by filling the periodicals section in my college library with water and tying the animals down under the water until she needed the shot of them escaping. At this point, the dog in question was a cat.

Also, it should be pointed out that despite any implications of my description, the parts with Mary-Kate and Ashley were not at all sexual.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »
We were at my grandma's house and she was upset because the clothes hadn't dried yet so we took some clothes out of the dryer to make whatever it was dry faster. Then I went into some side room and it looks as though most of the dials on the wall made some very dim gas lighting on the wall come on behind a shield. then I turned a knob and a fireplace turned on and it scared me. I turned everything off and walked away as the fireplace smoldered.

I guess I went to the con in Dallas with my friends from work. I got in the door to the center but I was like on the basement and people were lined up to get autographs from a bunch of people I didn't recognize. But Samuel L. Jackson/Laurence Fishburne/The President from The Fifth Element seemed to be there. And Crispin Freeman. I somehow made it up the stairs/escalator and saw one of my friends. He was going to go do something but then I heard about shirts being sold, apparently something about a Dalmasca Defense Force. Sounded good so I went to the auditorium, which is where they were being sold. People kept greeting me as "Squeaky" and I didn't know why, but it seems that someone had called me that once. But everyone was calling me that, mostly people I didn't know. I was standing in line so I decided to play my DS, and it had some weird platformer starring(?) a dog which was very squarely drawn. I was apparently under the impression that it was a Mario game. I also was having a very hard time seeing my DS, which showed up better when exernal light was applied. Very weird. The point, aside from the platforming, was, on a more zoomed out screen, to run through a building or environment of some kind and touch the most of the area possible, and get points. Little markers would show up telling where you had been. I think this was actually inspired by the flowers in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat where you have to collect 100 of them.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »
Chup, you should show that platformer idea to someone who works for the industry.   It could be made into a game.

Last night, I had a dream where I was shopping for birds.  My sister and I found a bird/cat hybrid.  It was the size of a kitten and it had a cat head.  I believe the breed was called [can't remember] Tabby, which made sense because its white body had orange tabby stripes.   The one I was holding started to purr a little.  The dream ended when my sister and I were about to pay for the birdcat.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
I had a dream a couple of nights ago where I was playing a game on Wii where the whole premise was to cut off people's thumbs for thumbprint identification, apparently. The Wii remote was used to, like, cut off the thumbs like in some sort of Trauma Center kind of surgery thing (they never resisted, so either the people were somehow knocked out or dead, or just didn't mind having their thumbs cut off), and I seem to remember getting my knife upgraded with special powers. Once you obtain a thumb, you go up to a locked building and press the thumb onto the scanner; I did this twice before I woke up. The game world looked sort of like a cell-shaded GTA (I got the impression it was free-roaming).

I seriously want to play that game again.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2008, 02:50:57 PM »
The only memorable part of my dream last night was me and a few other people racing along some Mario Kart-style stretch of track, complete with ramps. Meanwhile, a disembodied female voice harshly kept telling me that I'd die if I didn't jump (the gaps in the track). I got some serious air a few times...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2008, 04:42:17 PM »
Hum-ho...

My last Mario related dream involved a random guy playing Mario Galaxy. I went up to him and said, "Dude, that game got boring like 8 days after it came out" and he was like, "Yah but I must unlockz Luigiz!" and then his eyes froze.

It was more of a mini-dream, really.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2008, 04:57:39 PM »
It was probably me.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #367 on: June 02, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »
"Yah but I must unlockz Luigiz!"

Been there, done that.  It really doesn't add that much replay value.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #368 on: June 02, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
Has anyone ever had a dream with the Fungi Forums in it?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #369 on: June 02, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »
I once dreamed that I got a new custom title and kept trying to ask why I received it. I can't remember what it was.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #370 on: June 02, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »
I pretty sure I had something similar to that once...

« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »
I had a dream LD was flying a kite with me on it a while ago. It was fun, but sort of scary.
I'm a horrible person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2008, 09:49:46 PM »

« Reply #373 on: June 03, 2008, 09:31:39 AM »
Has anyone ever had a dream with the Fungi Forums in it?
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=4925.0

Last night I dreamt Vid returned briefly and posted a link to a questionable web site. He was then banned after that. Waking up I was like "...". But I doubt Vid would ever do something like that so I shrugged it off.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:33:42 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #374 on: June 03, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
A few months ago, before I had a sig, I dreamed that I came on here and added a sig, but after saving it, I realized that I had made it longer than two lines and included a link, and raced back to fix it before anyone noticed.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print