Print

Author Topic: Sports that should be included in Wii Sports 2?  (Read 9078 times)

« on: March 23, 2007, 09:37:21 PM »
After playing Wii sports for the first time in months, I've remember why I fell in love with this game in the first place: It's simplicity, fun and good use of the Wii-mote. But noticably, Nintendo only put five sports on this disk: Tennis, Golf, Baseball, Bowling and Boxing. Wouldn't it be fun to have a wider variety of sports? Now, suppose Nintendo decided to make a sequal to Wii sports. What games would be included on the disk, and how would they use the Wii-motes capabilities? I've got plenty:

Wii Sports Squash: It would play exactly like tennis, but with the obvious differences that squash has to tennis.

Wii Sports Volleyball: it would have the same viewpoint from Wii Sports tennis. For this game, you would use both the Wii-mote and the Nunchuk, and use them as if they were your real hands: you would be able to volley, bump, spike, and serve from either underhand or overhand, replicating the movements in real life in order to do them in the game.

Wii Sports Fencing: It would either play from the same viewpoint a Wii Sports boxing, or from a side profile veiw. You would only use the Wii-mote for this game, and you would use it as if as though you were really swordfighting in a fencing match.

What other sports do you think should be included in Wii Sports 2?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:42:33 PM »
Wii Curling, Wii Snipe Hunting, and Wii Quarters.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 10:12:05 PM »
Wii motto racing: The Wii-mote and Nunchuk would be used. With the nunchuck in the left hand and the Wii-mote in the right. They would held like a bike handle. The nunchuck would be turned for gas, like on a motorcycle. To turn, you would tilt both hands to the left or right simultaneously. You could do grand prix, time attack, or quick race.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:18:40 PM by PaperWario »

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:56:24 PM »
The Miis in the original Wii Sports don't have the same body type as how you created them. They all have the same one. They should look the way you designed them in the second game.

Wait, Wii Sports 2 was announced?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 08:04:22 AM »
No.

Now, suppose Nintendo decided to make a sequal to Wii sports.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »
Nobody likes Squash, but Wii Football, Wii Soccer, Wii Hockey, Wii Basketball and Wii Knitting would be nice.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
Wii Sports Archery: You would use both the nunchuk and the Wii-mote for this one. I'd be played with an over the shoulders style of gameplay. You would hold the wii-mote as if you were holding a real bow, and the nunchuk as if you were holding the string. When you want to pull back the string, you'd hold down the C button on the nunchuk, then pull back the nunchuk. You use the Wii-mote around to aim, then, release the C button to fire your arrow! The objective is to hit as many targets as possible in the time limit.

Wii Sports Rowing: You would use the Wii-mote and nunchuk. You would use them as if you were paddleing a real boat. It's that simple.

Wii Sports Horseback Racing:  You would have to use the Wii-mote, but the nunchuk is optional. To move left and right, you would either move the nunchuk in your desired direction, or use the D-pad. To make your horse speed up, you would use the Wii-mote as if it were one of those whipping-things. The Wii-mote would rumble as you speed up.

I also though of Wii Sports Rugby, but I'm confused on how rugby works. Would anyone care to explain how it works?
Nobody likes Squash, but Wii Football, Wii Soccer, Wii Hockey, Wii Basketball and Wii Knitting would be nice.

I liked squash when I tried it.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 09:46:30 AM »
Did you know there is a game in stores that are pre-ordering that is called Wii Play. It is kind of a sequel to Wii sports, and it all ready has a Wii archery (target practice), and I think A Wii horse back riding. It also features Wii billiards and Wii table tennis. You can also buy it in bundle pack to get a free Wii-mote.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:49:37 AM by PaperWario »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 09:56:51 AM »
Wii Cock Fighting? Design your own chicken!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »
I'd rather have Nintenchickens for that.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »
The perfect compilation of virtual sports:
Wii Lazer Tag
Wii Fencing
Wii Butterfly Catching
Wii Extreme Tiddley-Winks
Wii Hockey
Wii Archery
Of course I know that Fencing and Hockey were already mentioned--they're good ideas.
Edit: (after the below post) Archery, man. Who said it could only include six games? How could I have forgotten...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:32:53 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »
Did you know there is a game in stores that are pre-ordering that is called Wii Play. It is kind of a sequel to Wii sports, and it all ready has a Wii archery (target practice), and I think A Wii horse back riding. It also features Wii billiards and Wii table tennis. You can also buy it in bundle pack to get a free Wii-mote.

I am very much aware of Wii Play and it's meager collection of 9 shallow minigames. That first one is actually shooting range and, as far as I know, doesn't feature any arrows. In my version of the game, you would be able to turn around in a full 360 degree angle. Sorry I didn't mention that part. In shooting range, you have to use the Wii-mote as a pointing device, whether in Wii Sports archery, you hold the Wii-mote and nunchuk like a conventional bow and arrow. Although, you are somewhat correct about the cow racing.

Anyway, I've thought of cool idea that could be implanted in Wii Sports 2: online play! Think about it: rather than bringing over a friend, you could just go online and play someone entirely new! It'd be perfect! I'd love to punch someone over the internet!

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »
I am very much aware of Wii Play and it's meager collection of 9 shallow minigames.

So Wii play isn't that good of a game?

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 03:52:36 PM »
Mabey not, Pete, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 04:29:03 PM »
So Wii play isn't that good of a game?

From what I've heard, seen, and judged, yes. Some of the minigames, like Pose Mii and Fishing, look pretty stupid, pointless and boring. The only game that looks fun is Tanks! It would have been better if Nintendo had put more than nine minigames in the collection.

Back on topic,

Wii Sports Battminton: I'd be exactly like tennis, but the birdie physics would be different from the ball physics.

Print