Print

Author Topic: My idea for a new REAL Mario game...  (Read 1646 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 04, 2001, 05:28:40 AM »
STORY
Deep within the Castle of Koopa, King Bowser was looking over his plans for dominating the Mushroom Kingdom. He looked over the sheet his servant, Kamek, had given him.

Bowser: "Ha! An excellent plan, Kamek!"
Kamek: "I knew it would please you master!"
Kamek took a crystal ball off a shelf and held it out in front of him.
Kamek: "I see a dangerous future for the Mario Bros. Ha ha ha…."
Meanwhile, in the courtyard of the Mushroom Castle, Mario and Luigi were playing a game of chess. Mario moved his chess piece over the board and smiled.
Mario: "Checkmate! I win!"
Luigi: "Man you always win!"
Mario laughed and patted his brother on the back.
Mario: "Aww, don't be a spoiled sport! Let's play another round…"
But before he could finish his sentence, a dark cloud appeared over the castle. Luigi stared in awe as a sinister voice bellowed from the clouds.
Voice: "Ha ha ha! I'm back!"
Mario and Luigi: "It's Bowser!"
Bowser: "Yes it is! I have the ultimate plan to stop you. I've stolen the Mega Star and shattered it into 100 pieces! All of those pieces are scattered across the 10 Chapters of the Mushroom Book! Ha ha ha!"
Mario: "Let's get him!"
But before he and Luigi could attack, Bowser had vanished!

Only you can stop Bowser's evil plot, will you succeed?

STARTING THE GAME
Insert the Super Mario Kingdom Game Pak into your Nintendo 64 and turn the power on. After viewing the story, the Title Screen will appear, where you will have 2 options: "New Game", "Continue". Choose "New Game" to begin.

CHOOSING A CHARACTER
 After selecting the "New Game" option, you will be sent to the Character Selection Screen. You can choose from 3 characters: Mario, Luigi, or Yoshi. Each character possesses special attacks with which you can defeat your enemies.

Mario: Punch Jump (Up + A button)
Luigi: Drill Kick (Down + A button)
Yoshi: Tongue Lash (Right or Left + B button)

CONTROLLING YOUR CHARACTER
Controlling a character in Super Mario Kingdom is relatively simple.

A Button    Press this button to make your character jump. Jump twice in a row to perform a Double Jump.
B Button    Press this button to make your character attack. Press it when your character has the Fire Flower to shoot fireballs.
C Buttons    Not needed.
Control Stick    Use this to move your character across the screen. You can move in 2 directions (left, right).
L Button   Not needed.
R Button   Not needed.
Start Button   Press this button to pause or unpause the game.
Z Button    Press this button to make your character crouch. Press it while your character is in the air to perform a Butt Stomp.

Note: Since this is a 3D side-scrolling game, the camera will automatically switch to the desired view (Example: Kirby 64).

ITEMS
There are many items you can use that will make your character more powerful. To use an item, simply pause the game to go to the Pause Menu. Highlight the item you want to use and press the A Button. The item you equip will stay with you until an enemy hits you.

? Block   These contain items inside of them.
1-Up Mushroom   Use this to gain an extra life. You can have a total of 99 lives.
Bomb    Use this to blow up walls or to kill enemies.
Coin   Collect these to replenish your Health Meter (see below). If you collect over 100, you gain an extra life.
Feather    Use this to fly.
Fire Flower    Use this to shoot fireballs.
Hammer Bros. Suit    Use this to throw hammers.
Ice Crystal    Use this to toss ice crystals.
Metal Sphere   Use this to walk underwater.
Super Mushroom   Use this to grow twice your normal height.

Note: You can combine items to form special attacks. For example: if you combine a Fire Flower and a Feather, you can fly and shoot fireballs at the same time!

CHAPTERS
In Super Mario Kingdom, you will travel through 10 Chapters. There are 5 Stories in each Chapter. At the end of every Chapter, you will encounter a Boss. You must defeat the Boss in order to continue.

1. Mushroom Fields   Boss: Giant Goomba
2. Deep Blue Sea   Boss: Big Bertha
3. Dino Cavern           Boss: Bone Dragon
4. Frozen Tundra   Boss: Crystal Koopa
5. Cloud Kingdom    Boss: Fluff Puff
6. Mystical Forest   Boss: Kamek
7. Ghoulish Graveyard   Boss: Big Boo
8. Rocky Desert    Boss: Chock Rock
9. Lava Mountain   Boss: Scorch-n'-Burn
10. Koopa Fortress   Boss: King Bowser Koopa

MINI GAMES
You can play many mini-games while traveling on your quest.

Scorch the Koopas: In this game, you must toss fireballs at all of the Koopas that appear out of the pipes. Be sure not to hit your pals though! Press B to shoot fireballs; and use the Control Stick to aim.

Run, Run, Run: In this game, you must run away from the Big Boo who is chasing you through the Lava Course. Use the Control Stick to dodge the obstacles; and press the A button to jump.

ENEMIES
There are many baddies who will try to stop you as you travel on your adventure. Many of them are old enemies you've seen before, but a few of them are brand new.

Big Bertha
Big Boo
Bloober
Bob-omb
Bone Dragon
Boo
Boomerang Bros.
Bullet Bill
Buzzy Beetle
Cheep Cheep
Chock Rock
Crystal Koopa
Dry Bones
Electro Sphere
Fire Bros.
Fire-spitting Plant
Fluff Puff
Fly Guy
Goomba
Green Koopa Paratroopa
Green Koopa Troopa
Hammer Bros.
Kamek
King Bowser Koopa
Lakitu
Monty Mole
Para Goomba
Piranha Plant
Pokey
Red Koopa Paratroopa
Red Koopa Troopa
Scorch-n'-Burn
Shy Guy
Spiny
Thwomp

YOUR LIFE METER
At the top-left corner of the screen, there is a long bar which displays your Life Energy. Each time you get hit by a baddy, it will decrease. If it reaches 0%, you loose a life. You can replenish energy by collecting Coins. If you get over 100% on your Life Meter, you will become invincible for a short time!

GAME OVER
When your character runs out of Life Energy, he will die. The screen will then fade and 3 options will appear: "Continue and Save", "Continue Without Saving", "Quit".

Sega and Nintendo both rule!

It is I, the great Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2001, 09:54:18 AM »
shouldn't this be in the story board section????

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 04:56:05 PM »
I have travelled through time to reply to a message from the past. pretty cool huh?

Yeah, your like an inch away from my face and it is REALLY creepin'' me out.
Yeah, your like an inch away from my face and it is REALLY creepin'' me out.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 07:04:39 PM »
Not really. People do that all the time.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 08:24:18 AM »
hey, that game would still rock!

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

Print