Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Micro
Nintendo DS
Virtual Boy
Other
Print

Author Topic: Which is better?  (Read 9386 times)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »
I personally think the NES was the best. But that's just my opinion.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
The N64 was the first I had, so...............

I dunno, I think it was Mario Kart 64 that won me over.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
Oh who cares its 7 years old. Times (and opinions) may have changed.
Oops! I forgot the portable consoles...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:41:21 PM by Shyguy92 »

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »
There that should be all the major consoles...begin your voting!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:46:10 PM by Shyguy92 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »
What about the Virtual Boy?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:47:55 PM »
I don't think it is fair for me to vote, becuase I don't have all the systems listed. But, I will offer my 2 cents. I think that the Nintendo 64 is one of (if not THE) greatest systems ever created. It revolutionized the industry. I , however, feel that is great for another purpose: my top 3 favorite games of all time are on there. I love Zelda: OoT, Super Smash Brothers, and   Goldeneye 007. Not to mention Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (which was also available on PC), Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, and 1080 Snoboarding.

I grew up at the age where the Ninteno 64 was simply magical. I remember those halcyon days where I could come hoe from school with no homework, and spend 4 hours at a friend's house playing Shadows of the Empire or Goldeneye. When I look back, those days bring a tear to my eye.

I'm going to be off to college here very soon, and the Nintendo 64 will always be the testament, the symbol, of my childhood. It was such a simple machine, yet the stories it told and the charachters that I befriended give me such a positive view of my past.

Thanks, Nintendo 64!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
The six I chose were the NES, the SNES, the Wii, the Game Boy, the GBA, and the DS. I think all of them presented something new and refreshing to the table in one way or another.

The N64 and GCN were great systems, but I did not choose them, and it's hard for me to explain why without getting into something with someone, so I'll just stop typing now.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 10:23:14 PM »
I don't have the Wii yet, but for it's time, I definantly think the Gamecube was great. And since I started really actually *playing* video games with the N64, it's my overall favorite system. Paper Mario won me over. :D I've played with the NES and SNES, but I loved the N64 better.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »
SNES. Always has been, always will be. Nothing has ever changed my opinion on the greatness of this system.

Nintendo DS came a close second though, followed by N64, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube and Wii.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
This is Nintendo systems only? If so, I'd say N64, then GameCube, then DS.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 01:45:30 PM »
N64 is the least good.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
I said the Nintendo DS. It is truly the greatest handheld system released.Additionally, I just seem to like it more than the Wii, along with all of the other listed systems. It's touch screen functionality is great, plus the two screens double the fun. However, if this were a poll that was not created to find out which system is better, I would have voted NES and SNES as well, they're both two great systems.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 02:02:06 PM »
It's touch screen functionality is great, plus the two screens double the fun.

You're sounding like a Nintendo PR guy. Trust me, if you've played half the DS games out there, you'd learn two screens only fit certain play styles. The other half are, of course, pretty awesome. However, the friend-code system is crappy, unintuitive, and dumb, and anyone who says otherwise is absolutely wrong.
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 04:10:29 PM »
Ok so far the Wii and DS are winning!

Print