Print

Author Topic: What is the deal with. . .  (Read 3600 times)

« on: May 08, 2001, 02:09:23 PM »
Tatanga?  That is, what kind of attacks does this guy have?  I know he flies around in a little spacesuit/robot thing (a "Pagosu" if I'm not mistaken) and was the end boss of Mario Land and was a lesser boss for Mario Land 2, but how does this guy attack Mario?

Information is always appreciated! :D

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2001, 03:30:55 PM »
So that's what Tatanga is! Well, in Super Mario Land 2, he flew around and tried to crash into Mario.
"..."

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2001, 03:40:57 PM »
Tatanga is incredibly difficult...

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2001, 06:02:07 PM »
What does he do that makes him incredibly difficult?

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2001, 06:28:46 PM »
Okay, back to seriousness.  His spaceship moves up and down, and shoots two lasers that converge at one point.  Mario's in a spaceship, and you have to maneuver very fast to avoid the blasts.  He spends most of his time at the very top of the screen, occasionally swooping down to attack Mario. You hit Tatanga on the head 3 (or was it 5?) times to kill him, but that's easier said than done.

I think Tatanga should return in a new game, but then again I say that about every one-off character, and so far the only one to actually appear again was Daisy.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2001, 08:52:12 PM »
Yeah, but don't get too down.  I didn't expect to ever see Daisy again, and here she is!

Anyway, that was a discription of Tatanga in SML2.  In SML, Mario is in the Sky Pop plain, and Tatanga is on the right side of the screen, shooting at you.  You have to hit him with enough fire power to blow him up.  He is pretty tough, if I remember correctly.

--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2001, 02:52:08 AM »
SML: Shoots energy shots at you that split into three about halfway across the screen. He's tricky because he moves up and down at the right side of the screen very fast, and when you shoot at him, the energy shots will more than likely block your bullets. He needs about 20 shots with your Sky Pop's missile's before he's finished.

SML2: Shot one energy shot forward, and sent a sonic-boom across the ground which could be easily avoided by jumping. Occasionally he would switch sides of the screen by swooping down and then up again, very often alongside his bullets (making all of him and his weapons quite tricky to avoid). Jump on the top of his ship three times to beat him.

There you have it... the full guide to Tatanga and the awesome powers of his space craft, the Pagosu.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
TMK''s newest affiliate
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2001, 01:53:30 PM »
I currently have heard of a new Mario game for GC called Luigi`s Mansion and have a clip that`s a 5 minute battle of Luigi VS Tatanga. Tatanga look`s tough, he ride`s the space crafted and shoot`s long hose like whip`s at you. The clip is over 30 MB so I cannot send it. I am trying to find a converter to make it a gif so I will send it later, it is a .MOV file. Anyway`s here is what it does:

Phase 1 of the battle: Show`s Luigi walk in, the door closes behind him and he goes "Uh oh! It`s-a battle-a time!". Tatanga float`s down and the room is like all space including the weird purple ground. Kinda like in Super Smash Bros. "Master Hand" battle. It zoom`s in on Tatanga from an angle and it say`s

Master of Space
Tatangium War Baron

Luigi jump`s on Tatanga and bounce`s up onto a shandaleer. (I may had spelled it wrong). Luigi climb`s onto it and jump`s on one of the candle`s and it fall`s onto Tatanga.

Phase 2: Same thing only alot faster and Luigi is hurt alot, like 4 time`s.

Phase 3: The final phase is the fastest and 3 very large koopas are spinning around the room. Luigi turn`s into Super Luigi and start`s shooting huge fire ball`s to kill the other 3 koops. Then atlast Luigi run`s up to the now charged up Tatanga bounces off him and hit`s the last flame, it hit`s the ugly Tatanga and BLAST BOOM SHATTER! Tatanga`s ship blow`s up! A warp pipe appeares in the center of the room and Luigi enter`s it but not before hitting a weird green switch, after hitting the switch it show`s a cutscene of a door (Bowser`s Castle Door) with 6 slot`s around it with a blue flame in 1, a red one in another and then it show`s the bottom left one start to glow green and the Green Flame appears inside. Then Luigi enter`s the pipe and disappears.
Burton Alexander Finch Ball

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2001, 01:56:43 PM »
I kind of get the feeling that without his Pagosu, Tatanga would be a big wuss. . .

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2001, 03:21:40 PM »
Actually, RoyKoopa, that was a description of Tatanga in "Super Mario Land."

In "Super Mario Land 2" he isn't really a boss, and he's dang easy to beat.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2001, 04:14:19 PM »
But you don't jump on his head in SML. You shoot him in the Sky Pop.

I think FryGuy had the best description of both the SML and SML2 versions of Tatanga.

--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

Print