Print

Author Topic: Most TV is crap  (Read 22674 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:53:02 AM »
Stopping watching TV has done wonders for me. Sorta.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 12:57:32 AM »
  I stay away from the reality crap, and I watch a lot of Boomerang and other cartoons.  The majority of actual TV for me is watching my sports teams.  That and sitcoms like Cheers, Raymond, and lots of others.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:54:54 AM »
I say the same as Chupperson. Though I do watch select shows... actually, Hell's Kitchen is really the only select show right now, because it's an honest skill contest in which no vote for the worst website can stop the best man or woman from winning, I like food, and Chef Ramsay is pretty awesome despite the swear stream. True, American Idol being called a popularity contest is really a "Thank you, Captain Obvious" statement, but after the auditions the show is legitimate Dukar. Other shows are uninteresting, annoying and otherwise not worth my time... and don't get me started on commercials (one exception, the old BLOW'D UP E-Trade commercial).
Unfortunately I don't have a quote to rerail and or underail (neither seem to be real words) the topic. Sorry.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 07:42:51 AM »
Whenever the TV is on, the only thing that's ever really on is Boomerang. I don't watch TV anywhere near as much as I used to. Now all I have to do is figure a way to not spend as much time on here anymore.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
I wish I still got Boomerang. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »
I just download the shows I do want to see.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 11:00:43 AM »
I don't watch a lot of TV anymore either, except for only one show, South Park. I used to watch a lot of The Simpsons recently before they started rerunning the really old episodes, which I did not think were at all funny.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 02:27:18 PM »
the really old episodes
Season 1? If so, I agree.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 06:00:21 PM »
I like most of the old episodes.  I practically grew up with The Simpsons, and I really wanna see the movie when it comes out.

I'm stating the obvious, but this thread has gone off its monorail.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
I know for a fact this one isn't old enough to be classic yet, but I thought it was pretty hilarious..

Me and Mario, we're tight. We're like this. We go bowling on Fridays.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 08:16:45 PM »
It doesn't have to be old to be classic. About the only requirement is that it has to be funny.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »
I only have one channel over here and it's not too great. I'll watch America's Funniest Home Videos if I happen to catch it and I only watch National Bingo Night for the sake of spending some time with my parents. Rather sad really.

On the plus side, that's what DVD box sets are for. *hugs Simpsons and Mario Bros. Super Show*
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 04:33:38 PM »
I like some reality shows (read: Amazing Race). I also like most things on Fox, Comedy Central and the Discovery channel. Most everything else on TV sucks.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »
I don't really watch tv. Just really old, but good movies. I'm the Black-and white shows type. I love TVLAND and sometimes i watch comedy central for the stand-up comedy acts when bored. ::)

But I agree, most television shows are not worth it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 06:28:38 PM by amy_the lovely_elf »
Please hurt me not. I bow to you all. I know nothing!
The wii is not a toy! It is a recreational device used by people to play on screens by pressing buttons. and I think it's cool.^.^

Print