Print

Author Topic: It would be awesome if...  (Read 8438 times)

« on: June 21, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
It would be awesome if Nintendo made a sequel to Majoras Mask (with the same time based thing) and with a more complex backstory/current story. Anyone else think so?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »
Well..... what I want for the next Zelda game concerns the same kind of mentality behind MM. I want something off-beat. Very off-beat. I'm thinking an art style that's along the lines of Wind Waker, only weirder, like mixed with the kind of weirdness that only MM has managed to exhibit so far. Try to imagine what it would be like. Heck, they could even bring back pink-haired Link if they have to. Then they could focus on switching up the standard gameplay mechanics of Zelda, just as MM did. By that I mean not just bringing back the whole three-days thing, but come up with something entirely new. Something that they'd never expect.... Something that's only possible on a system like the Wii. Maybe they could also come up with new variations of the classic Zelda tools, or maybe bring back some obscure ones that only appeared in one game even. Imagine the Cane of Somaria in 3D, or the Seed Blaster from OoA making a triumphant return. Lastly, the story would have to be a deviation from the standard, Triforce-Zelda-Ganon shtick, just like MM. If they managed to put all this together in the right way, I'd be rather pleased.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 10:49:53 AM »
Don't forget about playing as a rabbit for the whole game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 11:34:19 AM »
3-day time limit is lose.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »
Well, Dead Rising is sorta like that. Sorta.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »
C'mon Chupperson, surely you are super l33t enough to complete a dungeon in 72 minutes (actually, 144 if you play the inverted Song of Time). If you aren't... then, am I more super l33t than Chupperson?!
As far as a sequel goes... I'd buy it but I don't see how it would be. The evil within Majora's Mask was destroyed, the Skull Kid returned to normal and enjoyed the festival with Tatl and Tael, the Mask Salesman vanished into thin air, the giants returned to the four corners of Termina, Link went elsewhere, and the credits music played.
The next Zelda game is Phantom Hourglass, so place your faith in that, The Chef. There's a Wii-only Zelda coming up later on though, right?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 04:26:04 PM »
I loved Majora's Mask, but what I also like about Zelda games is that each one has many differences in storyline. :P

I don't think a sequel of Majora itself would be that great.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 12:16:58 AM »
Oh, I can complete the dungeons just fine. The time limit thing is just annoying, is all.
P.S. Hourglass? Time limit, anyone?
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27:08 AM »
People complaining about Majora's Mask always makes me think about Prince of Persia.

Kids are wimps these days. Wimps!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »
The next Zelda game should be controlled by hooking up a DS to the Wii. Link would be indirectly controlled by saying orders into the DS mic and drawing stuff on the touch screen. A second player would control Link's sword and other weapons with the Wiimote, forcing cooperation between the two. And the art style would have to be, like, super-trippy, like Killer 7. Ooh, also, there should be a future world and a prehistory world instead of a light/dark world, and the whole game should be backwards and out of order, like Kill Bill.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »
Glorb seems to know where I'm coming from. :)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
Glorb, what if there weren't two players to play it? That would get pretty annoying to have to wait for someone else just so you could play a game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »
Uhh, not a direct sequel, but I would like to see another Zelda game like MM.  The whole "obtain the 3 whatever, then get the Master Sword; and a bigger quest unfolds" story line gets a little tiring after being used so many times
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 12:28:15 AM »
The next Zelda game should be controlled by hooking up a DS to the Wii.
Wait, hold it. Aren't you, Glorb, the one who often says things concerning games taking too much sold-separately stuff? Forcing someone to buy a DS to play a Zelda game on the Wii wouldn't score it very good reviews...
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 01:46:35 AM »
Maybe it could have another control scheme that doesn't need a DS.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
What I want to see--regardless of its frivolity--is OoT and MM remade with TP graphics.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »
That'd be excellent. I'd buy it. Them, even, if they weren't on the same disc. It's too easy... Nintendo would make a killing.
ORK! But, the Wii Twilight Princess control scheme calls for a right-handed Link. Would the games undergo the same mirroring done to Twilight Princess to "make the environment work easily for right handed people?" I  don't really see how it makes a difference, but Miyamoto knows best...
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
Well, it could be a downloadable VC thing for the Classic Controller... though flipping might make it even more original and cool...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 09:41:16 AM »
I think that Nintendo should release some really uber-awesome Zelda game on the GBA. Y'know, just to surprise people.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »
Six words: 3-D remakes of 2-D Zelda games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 03:33:52 AM »
Now that, I'd like. I just can't get the hang of the 2-D titles--it's like, sometimes the shield works and when you need it to work most it betrays you. No Z-targeting or other ways for precise aim--I go through countless arrows because that darned evil thing won't stop moving.
-Never made it very far in the original, partially because neither PocketNES or nesDS allow me to save.
-I have a copy of Adventure of Link (gold cartridge, too). When I was able to get it to load... I don't think I have to explain. This was really my first Zelda game, so it discouraged me a bit until I played Ocarina of Time.
-I have A Link to the Past from the Virtual Console, also. I beat the first dungeon and didn't do much afterward. Sigh.
-Never played Link's Awakening or the Oracle games.
-I did, however, get pretty far into The Minish Cap (emulation, yoho) with lots of help from save states and a walkthrough, but I put it down at the beginning of the Palace of the Winds or whatever it was called and never picked it back up. It was all right but the two-button limitation for item usage really bothered me. The idea of shrinking in order to see everything there is to see was neat, though.
-And I've beaten Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. The Wind Waker is on hold at the Triforce search. I did use walkthroughs for the N64 titles but only needed two hints for Twilight Princess, one of which doesn't really count.
Conclusion: I don't know why, but I find the 3-D Zelda games to be infinitely more fun and exciting. I would buy 3-D remakes of the 2-D games with little or no hesitation, though. Depending on how much money I've got. ;D
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 04:57:10 AM »
So basically your problems are you can't figure out what the shield of Zelda 1 can block, you can't hit things with arrows without auto-aim, Zelda 2 is too hard, you haven't played arguably the best 2D Zelda (Awakening), you need save states and walkthroughs?

lol, sounds like you're really just a n00b. I hear Barbie Horse Adventures is good.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:18 AM »
Barbie's Horse Adventure is crap. I can't find the rocket launcher, and ShadowBringer, my horse, is too slow. Lame.
every

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 04:12:46 PM »
Unfortunately Blitz had to remove the rocket launcher at the last moment to get the E-rating.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »
Nah, that's not what I'm saying. I can't save at all in the original unless I want to play it on my computer which is no fun. The NES won't even load Adventure of Link. I have A Link to the Past on the Virtual Console but I haven't played in a long time 'cause I got bored of it. I could get the Game Boy ones but haven't. The Minish Cap is the only one for which I used a walkthrough if all we're discussing is why I haven't beaten any 2-D ones.
I got through Twilight Princess with only two hints: the first, I didn't know what to do to melt the ice at Zora's domain, and the second I didn't really find the help I needed but realized, in the midst of looking for a lead, to hang down on the Clawshot. I'd forgotten you could move up and down on it. I got through what I have in The Wind Waker and actually have most of the Triforce Charts with no help. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The Minish Cap were my first Zelda games.
Am I clear now?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:03:42 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 05:04:11 PM »
Hmm, I also needed that first hint.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »
And I was the one who gave you that hint ("What's a hot place in Hyrule?"). I got it immediately. Strange...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 07:19:56 AM »
Hah, you know I got it immediately too, and I never get things like that. The hardest part in Wind Waker for me was realizing that the sense ability is more useful that it appears.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »
Yeah, I had to look up the whole "take-a-rock-from-Goron Mountain-and-plop-it-in-Zora's Domain" thing as well. (I'm doing you poor folks who haven't beaten it by now a favor by spoil-texting that..)

ShadowBringer
I'm going to have a word with that horse...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 09:22:01 PM »
ShadowBringer? Who said that?

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »
I think Majora's Mask was utter crap. The whole using the masks to turn into different things was cool, but the time limit and the save system were what kept me from finishing the game.. How are you supposed to save?

To this day I don't know why I kept the game for the whole week that I had it, just to start over from the very beginning every single time..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 12:28:33 AM »
Saving happens when you play the Song of Time to return to the dawn of the first day. Everything is reset--except for important items, like weapons, masks, songs, and the bosses' remains. What's so complicated about that? You must achieve something in 144 minutes or less.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 08:16:09 AM »
ShadowBringer? Who said that?
Glorb.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I ever legitimately beat the game, start to finish. I mean, I think I've started at least three levels on two different iterations (original--with hologram!--and the GCN remake), but I think I only beat the final boss on my brother's level while he was in the bathroom.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
I actually did play BHA, just for kicks, and decided to name my horse ShadowBringer.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 12:58:33 PM »
Saving happens when you play the Song of Time to return to the dawn of the first day. Everything is reset--except for important items, like weapons, masks, songs, and the bosses' remains. What's so complicated about that? You must achieve something in 144 minutes or less.
Well, you can play the inverted song of time and double that time. I always did.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
Yeah, it's 72 minutes normally. I said 144, for the Inverted Song of Time. I wish the Song of Double Time were more of what it claims to be--instead of just taking you to the next sunrise or sunset, it should have made things go twice as fast.
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »
What the heck would be the point though?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
You've never done the Kafei side quest, have you? So much waiting around for something, and you can't skip ahead in time because you'd skip an event...
Also, it'd make the postman look pretty funny.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »

I guess I just sucked at the game, then.. I never could figure out the save system, and was stuck in what I'm assuming was the first dungeon (helping the monkeys)?

.. which I just realised is similar to the first dungeon in TP (which I got through only needing help like once).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 06:51:03 AM »
Majora's Mask was pretty avant-garde for a game. We need more games with time travel as an actual gameplay element these days. All Things Devours is a good example.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 09:51:28 AM »
Yeah, in retrospect, it kinda seems like a Zelda game Nintendo would make if they all turned emo.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 11:58:47 AM »
Glorb.
All right. When you just use the quote tags like that it's a bit hard to tell who said what. Did you ever notice the quote button ()? If you click on that on someone's post, you can quote a post like I am doing now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 01:57:55 PM »
Yeah, in retrospect, it kinda seems like a Zelda game Nintendo would make if they all turned emo.
But no one WANTED to get crushed by the moon, except one or two insane NPCs I may have forgotten or Anju and Kafei who simply had no regrets anymore (after you complete the sidequest)
It's YOUR problem!

Print