Print

Author Topic: Friend codes = stupid  (Read 5322 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »
Another good point was brought up in the Wii friend code thread.  The codes are tied to hardware, so if you have to replace any, everybody has to update their previously-entered codes.  Stupid.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 01:32:13 AM »
Well, this is true. But seeing how friend codes for current Wi-fi enabled Wii games are different from the one for the message board, it can be compared to an individual game... I guess... I'm not fighting for friend codes or against them. I have no problem with registering friends and don't think it's going to blow up, so everything's all right with me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »
The reason I'm so averse to friend codes is because it just seems pointless to me. It's a fine system, but Nintendo felt they needed to add codes. It's just too much trouble for me to add my friend's code to every game I have, even once, when I can simply click on said friend's profile on Xbox Live. We're entering the computerweb/intercom/autosoft age where everything is automatic; entering some code, no matter how short, is too needlessly complicated.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »
Laziness = stupid
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »
Oh! I get it now! Nintendo is trying to give kids these days a good work ethic! While we're at it, let's burn all the TV remotes!
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »
They should stick with the MK:DS system. Only give you friend code to friends, but also be able to play with other people without them. But overall they really do make me want to light kittens on fire. I thought that AC:WW would be like the X-Box Live type of online play, so I got a Wi-fi adapter and was all ready to go play with people online, trading and showing people my house, so I went to the gate and I couldn't find anyone. Then I heard about friend codes. ARG! BURN KITTENS BURN!!!!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 05:10:43 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 05:08:07 PM »
Compared to the XBox and PS3, yeah, online is a drag (though PS3 isn't exactly Mr. ePerfect, but I digress), but it really doesn't bug me that much (I don't play online a whole lot anyway). I can see the reason they do friend codes, but there's got to be a better way...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 05:11:31 PM »
Did you steal my sig?
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »
Wait... what?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Shyguy92