Print

Author Topic: Funniest Gaming Moments  (Read 1924 times)

« on: July 21, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »
This is sorta like the Funniest Brawl Moments thread, but here you can post funny moments related to any game, not just the SSB series.

My sister and I were playing Mario Kart 64. We finished our race and watched the award ceremony up to the point where the Cheep-Cheep was about to spit out the trophy. We agreed to turn the game off and play a different one. As the cable came on, there was this commercial on, and a man in it said "Man that's a really big fish!"

Another time, a friend and I were going to play SSB with stereo sound, but I couldn't figure out how to get the sound to run through the game, so we just left it alone. We turned the game on, and me, with my ADD, turned up the sound, completely forgetting that the game wouldn't be in stereo. Someone had been watching Cartoon Network, and suddenly Foghorn Leghorn's voice very loudly says "Woof woof!"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »
My cycle of online multiplayer games goes like fun-enjoyment-boredom-griefing-boredom-notplaying. During the "griefing" part of Left 4 Dead's cycle, I managed to grief:

A guy who I'm 95% sure was Djy1991, creator of Idiots of Garry's Mod (he took it very well)
A girl from the PMS Clan, which I didn't even know played Left 4 Dead (she raged)
A British dude who accused me of racism when I called him Harry Potter (self-explanitory)

And various other, less notable, folks. This cycle has repeated a couple of times for me with Team Fortress 2 (mostly starting over once I acquire a new piece of equipment or begin playing a new class), but I haven't had nearly as much fun acting like a ********  in that (except for when SolidShroom caught me, which, come to think of it, was not very fun at all).
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:30:15 PM »
Some guys in MapleStory thought I was a girl due to my outfit (the character in question is an ice/lightning wizard and was wearing a robe and wizard hat, obscuring his hair; the anime-style faces mean a lot of characters look like girls anyway) and the way I chat in games (never abbreviating, always using proper grammar and spelling - which isn't very girly, when you think about it, but would be rather inefficient in a raid). We made a party and killed stuff for a while - and then I leveled up and met the requirements for the less-girly-looking stuff sitting in my inventory. Lots of embarrassment on their ends.

I used Telekinesis in BioShock to make a Rosie corpse do a headstand.

Every time I attempt to play Team Fortress 2 is great because the instant I come into a populated game, all I hear for the next few minutes is "WarpRattler, what the hell is with your ping?" and variants of that. (Because of satellite Internet, my ping is usually a full second or more, rendering many online games unplayable.)

Related to video games: a pun worse than those of Bird Person.
<WarpRattler> "Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Duke Nukem and Sex and the City. The story should use body switching as a plot device!"
<WarpRattler> They have to find the switching beam and put things back to normal or she'll be...Duke Nukem Forever.

Print