Print

Author Topic: AP: Michael Jackson has died  (Read 19751 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 11:52:05 AM »
Keep thinking, you'll get it.
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 11:52:41 AM »
Okay, now that's just sick.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 01:29:48 PM »
It's a test to see if your mind is in the gutter.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »
This guy has 2 posts and I love him already. XD

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »
It's a test to see if your mind is in the gutter.

I had a feeling that was what he was saying to begin with...I wanted to make sure before going off the handle though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 04:12:40 PM »
Real Michael Jackson has died.

Cardiac arrest. Really really bad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 04:15:45 PM »
Goodnight Sweet Prince

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
Posted 58 minutes ago.

55 minutes ago.

54 minutes ago.

Lord, say it ain't so... As weird as he was, Wacko Jacko was undoubtedly one of the greatest musical geniuses of the twentieth century. If the news is true, this weekend I'll dangle an infant over a hotel balcony in the legend's memory. Goodbye, sweet king.

Of pop.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:24:30 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »
I'm holding out a little bit of hope that it's just TMZ being a tabloid, but they're probably not.

LA Times is reporting he's dead now, but CNNBRK says sources say he's in a coma. The link to their sources isn't working, though.

EDIT: Or maybe the LA Times is the one reporting he's in a coma. Twitter isn't always the most reliable source of information.

EDIT: It looks like pretty much everyone's confirming it now. Apparently he was in a coma about an hour ago, but was pronounced dead at the hospital about twenty minutes ago.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:47:59 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »
It's a shame that a music genius like Jackson had to descend into madness and then die.

I'm not sure what's worse: MJ dying, or the entire human race's collective IQ dropping a hundred points from everyone being an ******* about it.
every

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 05:21:19 PM »
He's been immortalized by his music. Although this is quite sad, he'll never be forgotten.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:22:51 PM by PaperLuigi »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
I mourn Michael Jackson the entertainer, but not Michael Jackson the, well... you know. Or, rather, I mourn him in a very different way. My arguement has been that, pedophile or not, the guy still did some really crazy stuff. Whether he molested any kids can be debated, but there's certifiable evidence to suggest that he nearly removed his nose, had plans to build a laser-shooting robot of himself in the desert, and wanted to make a leprechaun-based theme park in Ireland--among other things.

It's an odd feeling, though, knowing that my generation will probably be the last to make Michael Jackson Jokes, just as a generation or two before us were the last to appreciate him as a legitimate music artist. He's been entertaining people for years, intentionally and otherwise, and I guess I (and others) assumed he'd become some immortal figure, destined to enrich humor and tabloids forever.

I'm sure I'll think of more to say later once the shock has worn off (wow, Farah Fawcett and now this? One more celeb gone and we'll have a Watchmen-size conspiracy on our hands, hopefully minus the giant squid-monster) but for now, I really just want to play Moonwalker for the first time.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
Alas the many Jesus juiced children will be relieved that the monster in their closet is gone for good. I never really like his music. wait... Does two songs count?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
*waits for the rest of the board to attack nensondubois*

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »
Regardless of what he did or didn't do, PL is right [EDIT: mostly about MJ being immortalized by his music, less about ripping nensondubois to shreds]. Michael Jackson was one of the greatest musicians in history. Worse, he was just about to launch an international fifty-show tour. Really, MJ's passing nearly ranks equally alongside Elvis Presley's and John Lennon's also-sudden deaths, irrespective of whether you appreciate their music or not.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:08:38 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print