Print

Author Topic: AP: Michael Jackson has died  (Read 19750 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »
Obvious trolling effort is obvious.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 07:48:25 PM »
:(  That's all I can say.  The gossip relating to him in his last years made him into a joke, but he was still, and forever will be, a music legend.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
EDIT: Ah, didn't see Weegee's edit. Never mind.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »
but he was still, and forever will be, a music legend.

Well-deserved respect for Michael Jackson is well-deserved... but tragically seldom spoken.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 02:34:47 AM »
Michael Jackson has great music, but best of all was his dancing. And he was in my favorite game.

R.I.P. Space Michael

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 04:29:56 AM »
You know, I wasn't really around back when he was being famous for being an awesome singer, but after finally listening to some of his songs a year or two ago and reading his Wikipedia page yesterday, I've definitely become a fan. They better do a [darn] good job on his biopic.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »
I generally don't pay attention to the lyrics in music, but I at least found his stuff to be pretty catchy. His dancing was great too.

Anyway, I really don't have anything insightful to say. I just watched the episode of AVGN where he talks about the Michael Jackson game for the Genesis as well as the episode of The Simpsons with the guy that claims to be Michael Jackson (Season 3, "Stark Raving Dad").
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »
Rest in peace, Michael Jackson. I've heard some his music and he is indeed the King of pop. He will be greatly missed.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »
I'll never forget the time he leaned forward to look past his lawyer and directly at me in the jury stand.  RIP King of Pop. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »
If he and his former wife, Lisa Marie Presley, were to have had any kids, that child would have been the single greatest musician in freakin' human history. That is, of course, provided that the child wouldn't have spontaneously exploded upon birth due to his or her sheer genetically-inherited  awesomeness.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 06:44:48 PM »
Good point.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »
If he and his former wife, Lisa Marie Presley, were to have had any kids, that child would have been the single greatest musician in freakin' human history. That is, of course, provided that the child wouldn't have spontaneously exploded upon birth due to his or her sheer genetically-inherited  awesomeness.

Also provided the child didn't receive his/her mother's "talents" instead of his/her grandfather's talents.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 01:26:34 AM »
Also provided the child didn't receive his/her mother's "talents" instead of his/her grandfather's talents.

Considering how young some of these artists are starting in music these days (especially those from Disney), we'd have probably been hearing or close to hearing this new artist right now.  Heck, MJ himself was famous at a younger age than that.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »
Uh
You realize that these "artists" barely have to do anything? At all? Disney just finds pretty faces and by brute force makes them popular.
That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »
Likening Michael Jackson to Disney's studio-manufactured teenybopper groups is a practice which one shan't partake in. There haven't been any genuinely talented manufactured bands since the Monkees disbanded back whenever. The Jackson 5 was a rarity in that its success with such young members wasn't the product of corporate superficiality, but instead of authentic musical talent (and some promotion from Diana Ross of the Supremes, but still.).

I'll never forget the time he leaned forward to look past his lawyer and directly at me in the jury stand.

Say what?! Did we miss something here?

Print