Print

Author Topic: Favorite Kirby Game  (Read 9915 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »
I've always wanted to know...what's everyone's favorite Kirby game?

For me, it's Kirby DL 3 for the SNES. It had nice graphics, beautiful and catchy music, nice bosses and enemies. It was THE game that Kirby fans were asking for, and they got what they wanted. A Dreamland game in color (along with fantastic gameplay.)

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 05:59:55 PM »
I've always liked Kirby's Dream Course. What, you don't remember that one?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 06:01:38 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
I haven't played a ton of Kirby games, but my vote goes to Canvas Curse. It's such a unique game and makes wonderful use of the DS's strengths.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »
I have a hard time deciding which one is my favorite, because I've played/possesed so many of them. Currently, I've been playing a bit of Kirby Superstar (specifically Milky Way Wishes).

I absolutley loved every Kirby game that I have come into contact with. The games are usually not overly hard, and are fun to pick up and play just whenever.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

silverstarman

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 06:39:11 PM »
I've always liked Kirby's Dream Course. What, you don't remember that one?

I remember it. I didn't really like it though. It was a tough one at that.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 07:07:10 PM »
Kirby Super Star was awesome. Getting every treasure in The Great Cave Offensive will keep you busy for awhile. Kirby's Adventure was also great. Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64 had their moments as well.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 07:18:12 PM »
For me it's probably a tie between Super Star and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, with KDL3 close behind.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

silverstarman

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 07:33:47 PM »
I agree with you all. Kirby SS was awsome as well :D

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 07:48:33 PM »
Amazing Mirror. They got rid of the Ball power, yeah, but it still had a wide range of powers (Smash FTW) and some awesome levels that all came together at one point or another. I didn't play much of the co-op mode (only once do I remember) but from what I did I can tell it's good. The music's good, the challenge of getting everything is good (does ANYBODY have more than 99%?), the game is good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 09:26:04 PM »
I liked Amazing Mirror the best, because of it's non-linear maps that made you go out and find the mirror shards on your own. That was fun, being able to search on your own and having a feeling of accomplishment when you found a new area. Also, Master is the best Kirby ability ever. Seriously. Smash was pretty cool though. And the ammount of extras was massive in scope.

Of course, my opinion on best Kirby game will probably change when KSS is released on the VC.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 09:54:24 PM »
My personal favorite is Kirby's Adventure. It is the longest Kirby game (that I've played, me no play Kirby and the Amazing Mirror or Dream Land 3, tried 64 but not beaten) and it introduced the powers, pushed the NES to it's sound and graphic quality limits and was just plain fun.

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 05:55:07 AM »
kIrby's Dreamland because it's easy. And the Mint Leaf/Curry items rule!

Although the 'Darth Maul' combo from Kirby 64 is awesome!
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »
Kirby's Adventure and Kirby's Avalanche are two of my favorites.

Kirby's Adventure was the first Kirby game in color, everything before was in black and white.

Kirby's Avalanche was the Puyo Pop puzzle game I played.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

silverstarman

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 12:44:49 PM »
My personal favorite is Kirby's Adventure. It is the longest Kirby game (that I've played, me no play Kirby and the Amazing Mirror or Dream Land 3, tried 64 but not beaten) and it introduced the powers, pushed the NES to it's sound and graphic quality limits and was just plain fun.

Kirby's adventure was also good ^^

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 04:38:17 PM »
Vidgmchtr used a comma splice.

Kirby Super Star and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror are definitely my favorite games in the Kirby series. Kirby Super Star had Wheelie Rider Kirby, a flight sequence, and Arena Mode, in addition to a two-player co-op mode. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror had narratively-justified 4-player co-op, a bevy of new powers, and a map that encouraged extensive exploration and non-linear progression.

Print