Print

Author Topic: What Ever Happened to the Metroid Movie?  (Read 8517 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 02:59:07 AM »
There's an Animal Crossing movie?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 04:14:46 AM »
Crazy, but true. I don't know what it's about, exactly.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 09:21:27 AM »
It looks...interesting. I'm not that excited about it, though, since Nintendo is always making anime based on their games.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 10:53:38 AM »
Except Nintendo has never made anything animated based on anything. There have been animated things based on Nintendo properties (with varying levels of quality) but Nintendo has never made any of it themselves until now.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »
Well, you know what I mean. There's tons of official Nintendo anime out there, even if it wasn't made by Nintendo directly.
every

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »
The list of shows that's based on Nintendo characters.

Pokemon (I think everyone knows that one)

Kirby Right Back at ya (weird name for a show)

The Super Mario Super Show

The legend of Zelda (I forgot the rest of the name)

Animal Crossing the movie

F Zero (forgot the name on this one to)

Donkey Kong Contry (forgot the name on this one to)

Wow that's actually alot of Nintendo shows! I think I got all of them maybe not.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 03:13:42 PM »
Well yeah, but MKV usually contains either XviD/DivX or (more frequently) h.264. I was simpifying my statement. Anyway, your media player can't just run the subtitle file when playing the video? Can you use VLC?

VLC is what I use to watch pretty much any fansubbed anime. That's not the problem, though. I've not found any sort of option that allows VLC to run subtitle files separately from the video/audio.

*shrug* Dunno. I'm a very lazy dude, I didn't enjoy compiling a Matroska file with converted video, and I'd rather just have things done for me. If someone released an .avi version of the Animal Crossing movie with subtitles, or an .mkv version of the movie with the video codec being DivX/XviD instead of h.264, I'd rather just simply download that instead.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 03:30:37 PM »
Huh. I guess my mind was meshing Media Player Classic (which has the ability to use external sub files) with it.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »
Well, you know what I mean. There's tons of official Nintendo anime out there, even if it wasn't made by Nintendo directly.

Well endorsed, yeah. Pokemon and Kirby are the prime examples. F-Zero to a lesser extent. Shows like Zelda and Mario were used for America, since they aren't anime. The CGI DKC show [was awful] in America but was pretty popular in Japan, thus prompting them to tie with DK64 merchandise. The only thing left is the old Fire Emblem OVA and I don't know much about that one's success.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:29:20 PM by Sapphira »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 10:53:33 PM »
It's a shame those shows never last too long on the air...

Anyone else see the Donkey Kong movie? It was good when I was a kid, but today...?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 01:49:49 AM »
What about the Mario anime OVAs?
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 12:30:53 PM »
Well endorsed, yeah. Pokemon and Kirby are the prime examples. F-Zero to a lesser extent. Shows like Zelda and Mario were used for America, since they aren't anime. The CGI DKC show [was awful] in America but was pretty popular in Japan, thus prompting them to tie with DK64 merchandise. The only thing left is the old Fire Emblem OVA and I don't know much about that one's success.

Donkey Kong Country(Television) is french made.

Strange but true.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 04:25:45 PM »
If someone could provide a link to this .mkv video, I'm pretty sure I could convert it.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
I want them to give us a Mario movie or a movie based on an obscure title or something.

Balloon Fight: the movie!!

The legend of Zelda (I forgot the rest of the name)

Donkey Kong Contry (forgot the name on this one to)

The shows were named the same as the game they were based from.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 12:54:49 PM »
Donkey Kong Country(Television) is french made.

Strange but true.

Yeah, I know. I'm surprised it wasn't made in Canada, though.

Print