Print

Author Topic: Weirdest Mario Power-up  (Read 28205 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »
Yeah you do realize that's from Zelda right?
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 09:15:45 PM »
Hey, I know it's fun to be a d**k and all, but I read pretty much everything on this site before I became a member (especially the Japanese-to-English ones)--I just didn't think of going back to an article I hadn't looked at in over a year to answer some question about leaves I made after Christmas dinner.
There's no need to get defensive. Throwing asterisks in my general direction (or Chupperson's) does not intimidate, insult or infuriate me. It was just a detail that I'd imagine one would remember when considering leaves and Mario. Didn't mean for anyone to decide to pick a fight or something. Calm down.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 01:43:26 AM »
Hey man, it's generally true. How am I supposed to know that you actually do read things on the site when 90% of forum-goers don't?
That was a joke.

ADL

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
I say that the frog suit is the most weirdest power up. That things kinda freaky.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 10:51:02 AM »

Yeah, didn't it make its first appearance in LoZ: OoT as a mask in the Happy Mask Shop?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2007, 11:44:08 AM »
Well, Mario did have bunny ears at one point: in SML2:6GC
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 01:23:31 PM »
Did you even read the thread?
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2007, 01:53:16 PM »
Well, Mario did have bunny ears at one point: in SML2:6GC
Yeah, why'd you think I brought it up in the first place?

"Yeah, you don't really see Mario with a pancake on his head anymore..."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 02:27:22 PM »

Yes, but my point was Bunny Mario is still here in spirit.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 11:30:22 PM »
Yeah, you don't really see Bunny Mario anymore... I guess SML2 wasn't popular enough to warrant that (that, and Nintendo is always coming up with new flight suits. Raccoon, bunny, cape, bee...).

That's always kind of annoyed me.  You'd think they'd come up with one flying power and stick with it.

Oddly enough, my friend swore he once played a stand-up arcade version of "World" where there was raccoon power instead of cape.  But, he had a tendency to make stuff up.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2008, 11:31:35 PM »
Why would they come up with one flying power and stick with it? They all work differently.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 11:37:54 PM »
It would be like removing helicopters from the world because we have airplanes. How silly would that be?! I think there should be many ways that Mario can traverse the sky, the coolest of which, is, without a doubt, Raccoon Mario.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2008, 11:42:08 PM »
Throwing asterisks in my general direction
In reality I guess you could throw some asterisks in someones direction.  They look almost like ninja throwing stars.  Suspiciously like ninja throwing stars.  Almost as if ninjas made them...

*Go's off to do some research about asterisks and ninjas*
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 12:03:15 AM »
My reasoning was that they invented mushrooms, and kept them for many games.  Same with flowers.  So I would have thought that when they invented leaves/racoon power they would have kept it for subsequent games, too.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
While the Super Mushroom and Fire Flower have remained unchanged, their function alters a bit in some games. i.e The mega effect cause by a Super Mushroom in SM64DS and time Fire Flower in SMG. The flight power ups, though, almost never function in the same manner.

Print