Poll

Which Mario games(s) do you like better

Classic
18 (69.2%)
Remake
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Classic/ Remake version  (Read 13770 times)

« on: December 29, 2007, 09:23:26 PM »
Just Curious, I like the classic one though.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:59:47 AM »
Remake of what? Are you talking about the Mario Advance games on the Game Boy? If you are, then I like the originals better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 12:33:45 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:27:31 PM »
I like the classics better. The remakes usually aren't as good.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »
CLASSIC! Their would be no remake's without the Classics's.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 11:45:56 AM »
I think I prefer the remakes, as they tend to have better graphics, more features, and less of a chance of crashing and forcing me to blow into the cartridge. However, I would enjoy them more if they didn't give you, like, a billion 1up's. Also, I don't like it when they add retarded stuff that doesn't make any sense just to make the game newer (what the eff was up with that huge stretchy guy disguised as a platform at the beginning of Super Mario Advance?).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 03:14:36 PM »
Don't forget that SMAS also counts as a remake.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:30:38 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 05:20:56 PM »
Classic or remake? That depends on the remake of course..

I prefer Mario All*stars to the Mario Advance series. The added voices and changed features do nothing for the gameplay, which in itself is classic (Mario Advance 4/SMB3 gets bonus points for E-reader options, and SMA3/Yoshi's Island loses points for adding Yoshi's annoying voice to an otherwise great game..)

When most people think classic, they think of just NES games, but there are other classic games out there that are on other systems too. (Super Mario 64, Super Mario Kart, etc..)

I think I prefer the original versions of most games, though the remake is good because I often can't play the original (mostly just NES games, here..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »
Usually the classic versions because the added content adds more ease than fun (Super Mario Advance 2's Luigi). Also, Mario Bros. On every. Super Mario Advance game. AND Superstar Saga! There could've been Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. or some arcade-type NES Mario game like Wrecking Crew... and then it wasn't even necessary for the masterpiece that was Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Super Mario 64 DS, however, stands out as (perhaps aside from Super Mario All-Stars Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3) the only remake I prefer over the original. Some things were made easier (Tick-Tock Clock gained some floors down there), but some were made harder (getting every star, of course). Three more playable characters to just play around with. I didn't have many problems with the standard control scheme. The mini-games weren't even half bad (too bad multiplayer didn't happen until NSMB). The multiplayer mode wasn't excellent but it's better than nothing (but not better than the cooperative mode I thought we were gonna get).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »
How strange. I thought I remembered seeing some beta screenshot that showed co-op multiplayer in SM64DS.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 07:49:36 PM »
I have to say remakes are better for the most part, but it mostly depends on what game. Like Super Mario All-stars was a +, The Super Mario Advances were a neutral, and... well now that I think about it, I'm not quite sure which are negatives, besides Yoshi's Island for the GBA, and DEFINITLY Yoshi's Island 2. Yoshi's Island 2 was a disgrace to it's predecessor.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
SMA3/Yoshi's Island loses points for adding Yoshi's annoying voice to an otherwise great game..)
Weren't the voices already in the original game?

As for Yoshi's Island 2, it wasreally hard and obviously not made by Nintendo, but I wouldn't say it was bad...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 08:09:48 PM »
Tough call. Especially if you consider my favorite game and the one that got me started in the first place...Super Mario 64. Come to think of it, one thing that remakes tend to lack are those wacky things called glitches. But in the case of SM64DS, while the glitches that we know and love are gone, some new ones surfaced...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 08:29:31 PM »
DEFINITLY Yoshi's Island 2. Yoshi's Island 2 was a disgrace to it's predecessor.
That's a sequel, not a remake.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
But in the case of SM64DS, while the glitches that we know and love are gone, some new ones surfaced...
Kinda like the "The Snowman's Hat Collection?"

Print