Poll

Which Mario games(s) do you like better

Classic
18 (69.2%)
Remake
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Classic/ Remake version  (Read 13771 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 08:49:47 PM »
Nintendo billed it as a sequel to Yoshi's Island.
No, they billed it as a prequel.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 12:41:47 AM »
And it obviously could not be, as Mario is born in Yoshi's Island and is mentioned in Yoshi's Story.

While I'm posting, I'll say, I like Yoshi's voice. But it's never used for actual speech, and I can't envision how that would be. I'd like to hear that at least once... in a game, that is.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sqrt2

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 05:36:16 AM »
Classic for me, although I do prefer Mario All-Stars over the original NES SMB versions.
AA fanboy and proud!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »
Yeah, broken physics are always better. o_O
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »
Kind of hard to decide. Sometimes remakes are better, sometimes the classics are better
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »
Yeah, I agree with dontcare3000. I am pretty sure that Deezer already knows about this change from SMAS to SMA4, but he didn't put it in today's update. Yes, I know he's working on it piece by piece, but in SMA4, Mario and Luigi have gloves, and in SMAS, they don't.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 03:26:07 PM »
Yes, that just hasn't been included yet.
That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2008, 01:20:46 PM »
Well, I'm kind of used to the remakes of the NES versions, because when I started liking video games, those just came out for GBA. The first one I got was SMA2. And, ironically, I actually played the SNES version at my neighbor's house before I got it for GBA. And let me tell you - they're exactly the same beside for Luigi. (Now I actually own an SNES, and I have that too). Anyway, so that one is a tie. For SMA, which I got after, I didn't play the original until it came out for the Wii. Anyway, I like the remake better because the original feels kind of plain. So the remake wins for that. Then I got SMA3 (Yoshi's Island right?). Anyway, I can't comment on that because I never played the original. Then I got SMA4. Boy, I remember when I was looking at pics of it in NP magazine and thinking it was so awesome and obsessing about it. Anyway, I remember when I got it. I sped through the first 3 worlds in an hour, and I swear I never played the game before. (Perhaps maybe playing too much SMW payed off?). Looking on the new section with SMA4 compared to the SMAS version, I realize how easy they made it. Anyway, I then got the game on Wii, and I think it's very much more challenging, and I'm still stuck on the third world. So the SMA4 for that. Finally, I got SM64DS. Now that was the mother. I was more obsessed about that game, and I wanted it so badly. Seriously, I wanted it more than any other game in my life. I guess it was because ever since I watched my neighbor play SM64 (original), when I was like 2, I thought it was so fun. Anyways, I finally got it, and beat it in a week. Then I got a N64, and that was hard. I got 117 and gave up. I also bought it on Wii, and I beat that with all 120, and it was so fun. The original is much better IMO, the remake they changed too much. So there's my 6 anyways.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 03:30:21 PM »
Even though you didn't notice them, Super Mario Advance 2 actually made several changes to Super Mario World.
Also... Super Mario 64 on the Virtual Console didn't change anything. Or by remake were you referring to SM64DS?
That was a joke.

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 08:31:16 PM »
Hmm, do you think you can make a page with all of those changes on the site? I really have no idea. Oh and, by remake, I was referring to SM64DS.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »
Many of the overviews discuss basic changes to the game, but you're right, there's nothing that gives a very clear list of all the changes.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 09:05:55 PM »
I think it's coming.
That was a joke.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 09:17:29 PM »
A SM64/SM64DS comparison guide? That's a project I tried to do some time ago. You can look at my pathetic attempt if you want...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 10:07:23 PM »
I think that's a real excellent attempt, myself. There were some differences I didn't know about-- and I never knew that Mario had a completely different idle animation in snowy areas!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
A SM64/SM64DS comparison guide? That's a project I tried to do some time ago. You can look at my pathetic attempt if you want...
Its professionally pathetic, but its good nonetheless.

Print