Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Most underated Mario game?  (Read 18886 times)

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 12:39:46 AM »
At least Double Dash!! let you do that unlocking stuff 2-player. This was perhaps its ultimate feature.

Also, after recently breaking out the old Double Dash!! for 4-player action with three other ultra-hardcore gamers, I strongly disagree with Toad that losing items makes it less fun for pr0s than the older games. We still had megafun. Random cheap chaos can be fun.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2008, 02:33:33 AM »
Ohhh, yes... I remember now, a friend of mine and I did a lot of the completion of Mirror Mode together.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2008, 04:23:40 AM »
Indeed it does, but Mario Kart DS has a similar mode: single-player Vs. mode.
I knew that.
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
MKSC was also the last MK game not to favor the kids. You know what I'm talking about: if you fall off the road/are hit by lighting, explosion, Pirahna Plants, etc.. then you lose the item you were carrying. I absolutley hate that about the recent MK games (Double Dash and DS). I hate being penalised for saving my Star that I got in second place for the last ten seconds of the race, only to have Petey Pirahna knock me into a pit/plant/obstacle and making me lose my Star (and possibly my ranking as well).

The new games cater too much to people who casually play. You were hit by an item. So what? You should be able to get a better item and attack them back. Let's go back to the SMK/MK64 way of handling things..
I didn't notice there was a difference in the "new" games... but how does losing an item when you get hit make it easier?

You think MKDS and MKDD are too casual!? Just wait until Mario Kart Wii hits...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2008, 07:49:15 PM »
Here we go again, everyone.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2008, 09:32:33 PM »
Would you shut up, already? Nobody said I was going to start some kind of tangent again.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »
Even if subtle and in small amounts, I'm frickin' tired of the Nintendo hate. Frickin'. Tired.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2008, 08:50:15 AM »
Well, good for you. Now, last time I checked, this is a free country, and it's not like I'm inciting arguments on every thread, anyway.

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »
Even if subtle and in small amounts, I'm frickin' tired of the Nintendo hate. Frickin'. Tired.

I am too. I wasn't trying to hat on Nintendo. That is just what my opinion is on a couple of features in the recent games. I just hope the trend doesn't continue, unless it's for a special crash (ie: crushed by Thwomps, struck by driver wielding Star.. only attacks powerful enough to make you drop your weapon).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2008, 09:08:54 PM »
Really, though. First you make some statement bashing Nintendo (even upcoming games of which we know almost nothing, wtd), then you act like everyone who disagrees with you is the bad guy, and then you demand that the conversations you began end, or you make a quick topic-dodge. It's just getting old, is all. I'm not mad at you. I'm just frustrated.

Edit: And before you post "Then why do you insist on carrying it on," I have prepared a simile. It's like a pop-up window. Of course, I want the pop-up window to go away. But just closing it doesn't mean they won't come back later. So, just ending the current "I hate modern-day Nintendo" doesn't mean you won't start it up again later on.

Of course, no Firefox add-on can make you quit it. : /
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 09:13:31 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »
Of course, no Firefox add-on can make you quit it. : /
You could code a Greasemonkey script to recognize the author of a post and then hide said post from your view.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »
then you demand that the conversations you began end, or you make a quick topic-dodge.
So, on any thread where I start an argument, I can never talk about anything else forever? If I'm "dodging" the topic, it's only because I've accepted the fact that I've made a bad call or everyone's said their piece and there's no reason to keep up the conversation.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »
1. There you go, making me look like the bad guy.
2. Demanding it ends isn't a fault--I was describing the process.
3. You know what I meant. The way you suddenly choose to ridicule a typo instead of say at least something. According to your post, you do this rather than say "Yeah, sorry... my bad."
4. No, Max. I'm not Mr. Melee or anything. ;D

On that note, I'd love it if this discussion ended and helped prevent the same type from coming up in the future.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39:55 AM »
On that note, I'd love it if this discussion ended and helped prevent the same type from coming up in the future.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

Print