Print

Author Topic: Square Enix bringing back Super Mario RPG?  (Read 28690 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:27:22 AM »
I went to a Mario RPG fansite and found a rumor going around that said Square Enix might be planning a remake or sequel to Super Mario RPG for the DS! If this rumor turns out to be partially true...

I have been waiting for a true sequel to Super Mario RPG since the game first game out. Yes, Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi were both amazing games, but there was something about them that was... different when compared to Mario RPG. I think Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga had many references to Super Mario RPG (the Geno cameo in the arcade room was an obvious one).

Why hasn't SMRPG been released on the Virtual Console yet? All the other classic Mario games have been released, so why not Mario RPG?

PLEASE SQUARE ENIX/NINTENDO! PLEASE BRING BACK SUPER MARIO RPG!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:26:11 AM »
Haha, that would be funny if they posted it on VC today!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
I went to a Mario RPG fansite and found a rumor going around
There's no question it will be released on VC eventually. Mario Maniac, why are you posting things which have no logical purpose here? Square and Nintendo aren't going to read this post and then magically comply.
That was a joke.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:54 AM »
This rumor has been going around for a while, and with the GBA instead of the DS. But it's a FANSITE! They're gonna say what they want and assume it's to be true.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:48:43 AM by silverstarman »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »
Yes, Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi were both amazing games, but there was something about them that was... different when compared to Mario RPG.

Oh?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »
I KNOW THE DIFFRENCE! IT'S MARIOS SHOES!

(The true difference is Luigi, For though's who don't know...)
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
Actually, if you look closely you can see that Mario had blue irides in SMRPG.  In M&L, they removed the irides, and he's all pupils.

I think that's the difference Mario Maniac was hinting at.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »
(I was kind of hinting at the fact that the games' styles were polar opposites; SMRPG is surrealistic while M&L is cartoony.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 08:24:30 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »
Clearly, it is the irides, though... You must agree.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »
mario had too much pirate rum in the times of RPG
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:12:47 AM »
SMRPG is a grand game. However, I just have to say that Square made everyone look like they were made out of bubbles.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
SMRPG is a grand game. However, I just have to say that Square made everyone look like they were made out of bubbles.

What do you mean?

I love SMRPG it is my favorite mario RPG also PMTYD coming in a close second. I want a sequel to, but I dont know if it could be as great as the first one.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »
I want a DS port or VC of the game
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
What do you mean?
Ah, I think I know what he's talking about.  Though, I always thought of it as being carved out of rectangular blocks (at least the in-game graphics; the instruction booklet art looks more "bubbly.")

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »
The in-game graphics are just low-res conversions of the prerendered CG in the manual (and elsewhere).
That was a joke.

Print