Print

Author Topic: What kind of tracks do you want to see in Mario Kart Wii?  (Read 7299 times)

« on: February 21, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »
Well, a Super Mario Galaxy track is a given since there's been a track incarnation for Mario's adventure since MK64. (Royal Raceway, Peach Beach, Delfino Square, ect.) I want to see Sunset Wilds from Mario Kart: Super Circuit, and I'm already kind of happy Shy Guy Beach made it over. (It's not exactly unique or an new idea, but it was one of the many diverse tracks that SC had). I also hope Royal Raceway returns since both Peach Beach and Delfino Square are returning.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
Hopefully Rainbow Road is returning!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:47:01 PM »
But of COURSE it isn't!!

I want to see more tracks with loops and corkscrews. Not an obnoxiously high number of them, but for the flashy courses like Waluigi Pinball was.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 01:51:04 AM »
Man, it's been so long that I've forgotten what Royal Raceway looks like. *looks on YouTube for refresher* Good track. Well, even though I'm not going to buy any new Mario Kart games until they bring back the exact controls of MK64, I'd like to see some of the N64 tracks (I didn't say SNES because I never played the game for enough hours to really develop favorite tracks). From the N64 version, maybe the three raceways, Wario Stadium (provided the 4-second-lap thing is fixed), and Yoshi's Valley.

EDIT: Oh man, I did NOT just forget Toad's Turnpike. That has to be in. Preferably in reverse so the cars are coming at you, that's always more fun.
You didn't say wot wot.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 02:14:59 AM »
I'm not saying the concept is bad, but I would prefer for there not to be any figure 8 tracks like Toad's Turnpike. I liked Mushroom City from Double Dash several times more than the Turnpike.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 05:41:22 AM »
This probably a given, but I really want to see some classic tracks, like the DS game had, but even more. As for new tracks, I hope they drop the stupid loops and corkscrews.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 07:48:11 AM »
I'm eager to see "classic" MK64 tracks, but extremely apprehensive about Super Mario Kart/MK:SC tracks.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 09:57:17 AM »
Well, hopefully they don't put too many old SMK/SC courses unless they make them... Elevated...

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »
Well, hopefully they don't put too many old SMK/SC courses unless they make them... Elevated...

What do you mean elevated? By the looks, it looks like they're making them from scratch. *Points to beautiful pic of Delfino Square

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
What do you mean elevated? By the looks, it looks like they're making them from scratch. *Points to beautiful pic of Delfino Square

Where is that part of Delfino Plaza anyway? Someone tell me if my missed something because I can't find that entire new part of the town. I tried looking all through SMS, but no luck!

Anyway I think that using the actual Plaza as it was in SMS would work a track huh? Just maybe add some bridges to connect areas and add those banners and tires isolating certain areas from the track itself. It could work! heck Delfino Plaza is a stage in SSBB and that works fine right?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 04:11:07 PM »
Where is that part of Delfino Plaza anyway? Someone tell me if my missed something because I can't find that entire new part of the town. I tried looking all through SMS, but no luck!

Anyway I think that using the actual Plaza as it was in SMS would work a track huh? Just maybe add some bridges to connect areas and add those banners and tires isolating certain areas from the track itself. It could work! heck Delfino Plaza is a stage in SSBB and that works fine right?
Yeah, but in SSBB it has a platform that flies around the stage, and it stops down like every now and then

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 04:57:41 PM »
Yeah, but in SSBB it has a platform that flies around the stage, and it stops down like every now and then

Yeah. I know that. I'm saying that it works well as an arena. well why not a track? WITHOUT the flying platforms.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 05:13:25 PM »
Yeah. I know that. I'm saying that it works well as an arena. well why not a track? WITHOUT the flying platforms.
imagine driving on a flying platform!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 05:15:20 PM »
I want to see at least one track with a city theme, with tall buildings and lights. Kinda like Mushroom City.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »
Mushroom City is one of my favorite Mario Kart tracks. It's my favorite in Double Dash, next to Wario Colosseum. I hope those two come back (some past tracks have been confirmed, but I don't think either of those were).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »
You guys do know that Delfino Plaza was a track in MKDS, right?
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 06:27:41 PM »
All the trees were orange, though...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 10:51:56 AM »
I hope Mario Circuit from SC makes it in. I doubt it since there are going to be like, 8 now. It was really...different and there's something about the shape of it...

Shy Guy Beach is alright, but I'd also rather have Cheep Cheep Island. Lakeside/Riverside Park should make it in because those were different courses too.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »
imo, if they already have a Mario/Luigi/Peach/whoever course in the retro cups (imo if there has to be an exception it should be Bowser and maybe Mario, as Mario Circuit and Bowser's Castle are staples of the series; even Rainbow Road could have doubles) there shouldn't then be another course for them on the equivalent of the Nitro cups in this game. It takes up space for better, original tracks when the ones from the previous games work just as well.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 02:26:47 PM »
All the trees were orange, though...

Yeah, I thought it was a tropical place!

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 04:51:08 PM »
imo, if they already have a Mario/Luigi/Peach/whoever course in the retro cups (imo if there has to be an exception it should be Bowser and maybe Mario, as Mario Circuit and Bowser's Castle are staples of the series; even Rainbow Road could have doubles) there shouldn't then be another course for them on the equivalent of the Nitro cups in this game. It takes up space for better, original tracks when the ones from the previous games work just as well.

Good point, but there were 2 Luigi Circuit's in MKDS, so it could still happen.

Print