Print

Author Topic: Best in series? WEEK 2: Final Boss Battles  (Read 10110 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »
Smithy FTW! (what does FTW mean anyway? For The Win?)
...Hey, I think that's actually what it is! I was wondering myself for a long time... thought maybe it was people who didn't want to say "WT * " (you know what that's supposed to be).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »
(hi guys, I'm blackcat12 and this is my first post!)

My favorite final battles would be the ones in Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Sunshine, and New Super Mario Bros. The one in SM64 is fun, but way too hard. (it took me about 20 times to beat it) The ones from Paper Mario, SuperStar Saga, and TTYD are really good (especially the one in TTYD) but I don't really find them to be as fun as the platforming ones. Sure, the ones in SMG, SMS and NSMB are a bit easy, but you gotta admit they leave past platforming final battles in the dust.

I think Sunshine's battle is cool, despite what many think of it. Yeah, okay, it's wierd how it takes place on a huge hot tub. But the fight is really cool; you have to dodge Bowser's HUGE flame breath, Bowser Jr is firing a bazillion Bullet Bills from his boat, and the fight last longer then the one in SM64.

The one in NSMB is totally awesome, because it pits you against two bosses at once. The setting is really cool, the music is the best, the tension is really high, and once you see Bowser Jr fall into that pit, it feels like you've won the game, but nope, you still gotta beat a really angry Bowser. (that animation of him roaring and filling the screen with fireballs blows me away every time I see it)

The one in SMG is the best. Hands down. While it still isn't as hard as the one in SM64, it's definitely harder than any of the other platforming final battles, plus it's so much more fun. And epic. Bowser's attacks are really cool, and usually hard to avoid, the visuals are awesome, and when Mario and Bowser go flying towards the Reactor, and that choir music starts playing, my addrenelin starts rushing.

(as for my favorite retro final battles, I'd choose the ones from the SMW games)

Okay, I think I'm done ranting now.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

Print