Print

Author Topic: No Smash Bros. 4?  (Read 8916 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »
By next time there will be new Nintendo characters to add, new third-party characters' owners' approval/requests, they'll tighten up the graphics, make up more techniques, kick some more veterans, fix some dumb glitches, and make new ones. Smash is never done.

Wait, Isn't almost every, if not all sequels of any game like that? New character added/or taken out, better graphics, fix glitches ect ect ect?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 03:47:01 PM »
People have ALWAYS said "it'll be impossible to top Smash/Melee/Brawl", but it isn't.

Years pass, other games come out that'll be inspiration for Sakurai, other things left in the shadows over the years get put in (He's still missing quite a few Japan only things, even stuff that was released everywhere is still being left out), and so on.

So stop saying you can't top Brawl, because years from now, in the post-PSWii60 generation, it won't be.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »
Aw man. No Smash bros. four.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »
Aw man. No Smash bros. four.
Its only a small rumor
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
The abbreviation is etc. for et cetera, not "ect".
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 07:47:13 PM »
Its only a small rumor

No, if you could read then you'd understand that it was a mentality Sakurai followed to make Brawl as good as it could possibly be (for now).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »

No, if you could read then you'd understand that it was a mentality Sakurai followed to make Brawl as good as it could possibly be (for now).
there are also places all over the net that say that there are rumors of this being the last one. *Major Spoilers*: There Not True!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »
No, I think Smash should stay in 2.5D. Having the characters move in a 3-D environment would be a weird change. It would also be hard to adjust the "ring-out" gameplay, probably making the game terrible.

I played a game (made by uni students) at a games expo in Melbourne that was similar to Smash Brothers (even the guy who ran the stall said that if I like SSB I'd like the game), but played on a 3D battlefield; it was a decent game, though imo not as good as the originals. Nintendo could probably make it work better, though, so a 3D Smash wouldn't be too hard to do. It even had proper ring-outs.

Though I do prefer 2 dimensional gameplay.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 02:15:05 AM »
Smash would never be as fast paced and fun if it were in 3D. Too much evasion possible.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 03:04:51 AM »
Smash already lets you evade and dodge in more ways than any other fighting game I've seen!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »
I could think of a lot of things 4 could have that Brawl didn't get. Don't get me wrong, Brawl's additions are amazing, but I could think of several more
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »
If there is a #4, my initial fear is that it will be like Brawl 1.1.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »
Was your initial fear for Brawl that it would be Melee 1.1.? :P

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »
There might be a Smash Bros. 4 sometime in the future.  Be aware that Sakurai hadn't originally planned on making Brawl.
There is still a lot of potential.  Dr. Mario needs to return as an alt costume, I'd like to see Mewtwo return, there's always room for one more 3rd party character, and I'd like to see the Ice Climbers' concept expanded into one more character; Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have potential movesets from PiT that could translate pretty well into Smash.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »
Was your initial fear for Brawl that it would be Melee 1.1.? :P

No; they added so many great things to it that it would be impossible to call it Melee 1.1.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

Print