Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99861 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »
Does anybody out there create their own stages?  I've created a couple myself.  That's a cool feature in the game.  Plus, no words need to be said about the Subspace Emissary.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2008, 03:12:11 PM »
My boyfriend made one that resembles the bottle from the Dr. Mario games. Needless to say, it's really hard to KO anyone. It sure is amusing to see characters bounce off the walls repeatedly like pinballs though.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »
Really? I made a stage that resembles a SMB Mario sprite. It's really awesome. (I submitted it to Nintendo)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2008, 09:32:18 AM »
My bro made a Mushroom stage (kind of based on the one they showed in Nintendo Power), a Fire Flower stage, a Star stage, an NES controller stage, and one that's supposed to resemble an Excite Bike track.

My boyfriend made one that resembles the bottle from the Dr. Mario games. Needless to say, it's really hard to KO anyone. It sure is amusing to see characters bounce off the walls repeatedly like pinballs though.
I used to--and still do--think a Dr. Mario pill bottle would've been a no-brainer for a stage, but I guess it would be hard to KO anybody...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2008, 10:36:38 AM »
Well, they should've hav pills fall from the sky and just stop anywhere in the bottle, to get higher to the top.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
I used to--and still do--think a Dr. Mario pill bottle would've been a no-brainer for a stage, but I guess it would be hard to KO anybody...
In stock mode they could make it where you have to hit the walls of the bottle hard enough to break it and KO your opponent. 

Well, they should've hav pills fall from the sky and just stop anywhere in the bottle, to get higher to the top.
In time mode they could have the bottle fill up in "x" minutes.

It'd also be could if there was an time limited item that allowe the user to control where/when the pills dropped. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2008, 02:04:46 AM »
Have it be an instant KO if you're caught under a falling pill, where a pill can squash you flat. Or an instant KO if you jump out of the bottle. Or an instant KO when you're completely trapped.

I kind of wish the viruses from Dr. Mario were an item in the game. Turn them into sticky things that slow you down when attached and hurt you as long as they're latched onto you, roll along the ground to get them off.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2008, 05:51:39 AM »
I just got Brawl yesterday, and plan on...shall we say, extending my spring break indefinately. Seriously, I should fake my own death (or at least my own kidnapping) so I won't be held responsible for not doing things that aren't playing Brawl. The only thing wrong with it is the early-90s style online (Pre-written D-Pad-assigned comments? Didn't that go out of style in 1974 or something?), but I haven't used my Wii online yet anyway, so whatever.
every

« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2008, 12:28:24 AM »
Yeah, why IS Nintendo dragging its feet on online features for its console games, anyway?  Maybe that deserves its own topic.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »
I'm not complaining because at least they let you actually play the game online.

That, and I actually find it better than hearing some pre-pubescent 11 or 12 year old kid shouting homophobic obscenities at me in Halo.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2008, 05:28:36 PM »
It's free online on one of the greatest games ever.
Where's the bad in that?
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »
I guess people are angry as its online mode still uses Friend Codes, and no way to contact random players who could give you a really good match. After the development time, I think people were expecting an online mode with Halo-esque features.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »
Either way though, once I get a Wii, Brawl, and some wifi, I'll be spending a lot of time on it.
Ditto used Machop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »
Sakurai supposedly doesn't want Brawl to be a competitive game that would leave people to practice and practice, only to find themselves far under the best person on an online ranking system. Of course, that can be organized manually--a series of tournaments could theoretically* determine the best Brawler on this board. And heck yes it's going to be competitive and not a "party game." You can be good at it. You can be bad at it. You can practice and become better at it and overcome rivals. He tried (tripping? WTD), but it's still no Mario Party. And that's a good thing.

Of course I don't support the whole mentality of competitiveness, nor constant competitiveness. Winning feels good, but being a troll about it is stupid. Losing isn't fantastic, but being sore about it is stupid. And playing on Final Destination without items is okay for tournaments, but playing that way all the time among friends is stupid. It's still a game, and it's meant to be fun. Items and wacky stages were put in to make the game more fun and shouldn't be ignored.

*Don't forget that I have lag and wouldn't be able to participate... well I'm sure I'd lose to MEGAߥTE if he's as good as I hear, and I probably wouldn't have beaten Lizard Dude quite as easily as I did if not for lag... Tomorrow I may get to play against some people (on CaptainJim's Wii), so maybe I'll save some replays onto it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2008, 09:14:16 PM »
I like setting up matches with just one type of item.  Like a Final Smash Brawl or a Golden Hammer Brawl.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print