Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power VC Poll Results  (Read 56606 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2009, 05:25:49 PM »
I want Banjo Kazooie on VC, but it's very unlikely that it will ever happen
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »
Heh.  That was the top of my most wanted from N64:

Banjo-Kazooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Pilotwings 64
Excitebike 64

Conker's is at least as unlikely.  I already have Rayman 1 & 2 on PSN so I don't need it, but it'd be good to see some classic Rayman on VC.  I really want to, but have never played Pilotwings.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »
Pilotwings is pretty cool for a launch SNES title.
That was a joke.

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2009, 03:42:36 AM »
Took me years before I found most of Pilotwings 64 to be a cakewalk (I consider the "rite of passage" moment being getting a perfect score on Chicken Dive). And Wave Race 64 extremely easy too for that matter. Wonder if having played Wave Race: Blue Storm helped with that.

That said, my top 5 N64 games (Rayman 2's not on the list because, as beautiful as it is, I'm bad at the game):

1. Banjo-Kazooie (best adventure game ever)
2. Tetrisphere (The N64 version of crack. Sure, half the game is the amazing music, but I also enjoy how easy it is to get points such that it feels rewarding to score 50 million)
3. Blast Corps (destroying buildings is fun!)
4. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (for some reason, I still think the original's the best of the series)
5. Road Rash 64 (it's stupid fun, but I never get tired of whacking guys with a 2x4 and seeing bikes fly through the air. And the soundtrack rocks)

That means I'm waiting for Tetrisphere, Turok, and Road Rash 64 to show up.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »
Pilotwings is pretty cool for a launch SNES title.
Seconded. I also need to play Banjo-Kazooie one of these days.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2009, 08:57:50 AM »
Out of those brought to our attention by penguinwizard et al, the two I'm the most interested in trying out at some point are Tetrisphere and Blast Corps.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »
Pilotwings is awful. If Nintendo does for some reason put Pilotwings on the VC, I won't buy it. Blast Corps is an explosive title. Tetrisphere is pretty fun if you know how to play! I never uh... played Banjo-Kazooie.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2009, 02:39:28 PM »
Updated.

APRIL ISSUE:
Reader's Most Wanted (Nintendo 64 Only):
1. Super Smash Bros
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
3. Donkey Kong 64
4. GoldenEye 007
5. Banjo-Kazooie

NP Staff's Most Wanted:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2. WWF No Mercy
3. Rayman 2: The Great Escape
4. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
5. Rocket: Robot on Wheels

NP's Comments:

One vote. One measly vote. That was all that kept The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask from tying for first place on the readers' most-wanted Nintendo 64 Virtual Console games list. Though the original Super Smash Bros. won over readers in the end, the NP crew stuck with Link's trippy solo adventure.

This month, vote on OVERALL GAME again. cough-earthbound-cough. After that, it will be the five most wanted RPG's. cough-earthbound-cough.

(Why are they giving Earthbound so many chances to be voted on?)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »
Hmmm... I wouldn't be entirely opposed to Rayman 2, but if SSB64 and Earthbound aren't out before that, something's wrong...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »
EarthBound
Is
Not
Coming
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
(To explain, EarthBound will never be released again in the US in its current form because it will require editing due to copyrights, which, while not being a problem in the '90s, are one now because of how sue-happy so many copyright owners are. No one at NoA will (can?) edit the game, so no EarthBound.)

« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »
Yes, but it's fun just to show our Mother love.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
Why in the name of God Almighty can't they just take out the Beatles songs or whatever it is that is preventing it from ever being rereleased in this hemisphere?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
Or better yet, why can't Yoko Ono be happy with the money she has now and stop ruining our lives?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »
While we're on the subject, Grapefruit is astronomically retarded.

Print