Print

Author Topic: Wario Land Shake?!  (Read 27416 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 12:52:22 AM »
What's the more well-known, more widely-played game here?
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 01:14:28 AM »
What's the series that's had an installment on a Nintendo system and would therefore be more pertinent here?

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 01:39:01 AM »
What's the game that came out after most people here had learned how to read?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 02:20:22 AM »
What's the game that all these people are referring to?!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 02:25:20 AM »
What's the series that's had an installment on a Nintendo system and would therefore be more pertinent here?
Final Fantasy has had way more installments on Nintendo systems than Kingdom Hearts if that's what you're trying to imply, though the pertinence argument is laughable in any case.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 09:18:44 AM »
No, I'm trying to imply that FFVII was never on a Nintendo console...aside from the characters that were in Kingdom Hearts, which really just shows how pointless this argument was in the first place. This is why I don't usually post after 1 in the morning.

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2008, 08:22:46 AM »
Here's a small boxart:
http://jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/71881520080605_233546_0_big.jpg

Can you see the long-haired woman with the baggy pants on the left side, above the logo? The coloring is different, but otherwise, she surely is Captain Syrup, don't you think?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:36:28 AM by Grandy02 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »
I just realized that Wario is drawn the same way there as he was in Itadaki Street.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »
Full name is. Wario Land: The Shake Demension. Well atleast for Austrailia.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 07:11:58 PM »
Here's a small boxart:
http://jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/71881520080605_233546_0_big.jpg

Can you see the long-haired woman with the baggy pants on the left side, above the logo? The coloring is different, but otherwise, she surely is Captain Syrup, don't you think?

I definitely see the resemblance.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 04:33:59 PM »
News guys - it is indeed Captain Syrup. Here's some info from the Mario Wiki page on Wario Land Shake:

Within an Ancient Globe (an old, giant globe exhibited at a museum), there is another world called Yuretopia (translator: “yure” = tremor/shaking). Yuretopia’s peace is shattered by the marauding pirate Shay King. Queen Melfull and her Melfull subjects are imprisoned. Not only that, Shay King claims the legendary treasure “Deldel Purse,” which spits out coins whenever it is shaken. Captain Maple Syrup, the female pirate, observes Yuretopia’s crisis from the outside world. Setting her eyes on the legendary treasure but with no desire of doing the dirty work herself, she steals the Ancient Globe and sends it to Wario. True to form, Wario prepares to raid the beleaguered kingdom when Queen Melfull escapes to the outside world in hopes of finding help. Beseeched by the Queen to become a hero to the kingdom, Wario sets off to Yuretopia where the promise of vast treasures beckons

Wario Land Shake[1][2] (or Wario Land: The Shake Dimension)[3] is an upcoming game for the Wii video game console. As of now, hardly anything is known about the game, except that it is a Platformer game, like the previous Wario Land games. The game also features the return of Captain Syrup, although her role is currently unknown. It is also known that the game will have twenty levels and animations drawn by hand and that the Wii Remote will be used to make special movements (such as shaking enemies to get coins, find secret places, and more)[4]. It is the first game in the Wario Land series to be released since Wario Land 4 in 2001.

This looks very promising - definitely better than Wario: Master of Dissapointment. Handrawn graphics? That sounds pretty rad, actually. :)
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008, 06:37:02 AM »
I didn't think they did hand-drawn anything anymore, except for box art.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
And ironically they don't do that hand-drawn either.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 08:53:50 AM »
These days, hand-drawn just means "looks drawn".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »
And that's why I'm grateful for artists like Hayao Mayazaki who don't actually rely on computers for their drawings.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Print