Print

Author Topic: Seasonal Mario games.  (Read 7702 times)

« on: June 09, 2008, 11:40:32 PM »
Hidey ho mammals.

... Ugh.

Er, I was going to ask, anybody else play Mario games according to seasons? Since I finished Super Mario Sunshine, I tend to wait until the summer to play it/mess around with it. Something about running around sunny Delfino Plaza while it's just as sunny outside makes me really happy.

I also get cravings for Luigi's Mansion in the fall/October, because of Halloween and stuff.

I can't think of any more right now. Oh, but I like to play Super Mario Galaxy at night while the stars are out, and for some reason I always tend to play the Paper Mario games during the winter when I'm snowed in and stuff.

Also wanted to say, it's been forever, and I doubt anyone remembers me, but it's good to be back!
Kickin' it since 2000.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 06:39:51 AM »
Well... I'll get back to you with a global warming joke later.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
For some reason, I like Paper Mario best in the summer and Weegie's Mansion around Thanksgiving. I have no clue why.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 08:37:30 AM »
Usually I play most of the games on Christmas Eve that I received on previous Christmases.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 10:10:11 AM »
Of course I remember you, Super Mario.

I usually get a craving to play every Mega Man game right around October or so, right about when the air gets nice and crisp.
Not Mario games though.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 12:42:40 PM »
errrrr... who are you? Anyways, I play games all year-round, and not a specific season for each game.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 01:56:19 PM »
Well, I don't really have a preference at all, but if I wanted to play some great Mario games by seasons, I'd go with this list:

Spring - Yoshi's Island or the sequel for the DS, because they remind me of spring - especially the first world.
Summer - Mario Sunshine - Wait, I don't like that game that much, so I'd go with the latest Mario Kart, as a lot of the race tracks look like they're set in the middle of the year (more so than ever), and because its one thing the Mario characters do on vacation.
Fall - Luigi's Mansion, as it would go great with October and Halloween.
Winter - Hm, toughie. Maybe Dr Mario, since it reminds me of colds and sickness, which reminds me of the winter months.

Okay, so some of this was a stretch, but you get my picture. ;)
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »
I don't really associate particular games with seasons, but I do occasionally play a game because of a seasonal change-for instance, a few years ago I started Paper Mario (N64) as a new game for the cold weather.

However, I got the GBA and Super Mario Advance three days after they came out in Summer 2001, and playing them together during the summer is still nostalgic for me. Reminds me of when I played SMB DX while waiting for SMA, and then the disappointment when I became sick the day it came out and couldn't get it on the release date...and then my joy when I finally went to the store and bought one with my own allowance (this was 7 years ago, mind you). They had all sold out except for the white ones, which is why I have that color.

For some of the more intense/engaging video games, mostly the Paper Mario games, I like to play them at night. Not really sure why. Guess it adds to the feeling. I've almost never played the final two chapters of Paper Mario during daylight...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:14:02 PM by Reading »
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 09:58:10 PM »
I just play games whenever I'm in the mood, but with Mario Superstar Baseball, I sometimes play it during baseball season. (I should go back and play it sometime)
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 04:42:18 AM »
Winter - Hm, toughie. Maybe Dr Mario, since it reminds me of colds and sickness, which reminds me of the winter months.
Heh, brilliant.

Me, I just play what I feel like playing when I feel like playing it, and the time of year has no noticeable effect on my gaming.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 05:20:28 AM »
I could play different levels of SMG to celebrate seasons.

Summer = Beach Bowl Galaxy
Fall = Gold Leaf Galaxy
Winter = FreezeFlame Galaxy (Icy part)
Spring = Gusty Garden Galaxy
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:21 AM »
Or you could go outdoors?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 09:47:41 AM »
What is this "owt-dores" of which you speak?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 03:21:29 PM »
I dunno, but it rhymes with the word "bores" so it must not be very good. :P
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »
Nope I play them yearound.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print