Poll

What kind of "Monster" are you scared of the most?

Land Monsters--Easy to see, you'll know when they are coming.
0 (0%)
Underground Monsters--Stalk you beneath your feet. May lurk in caves, or could pop up beneath you at any second.
2 (6.5%)
Sea Monsters--The waters so black beneath the waves...whatwasthat?
6 (19.4%)
Air Monsters: Fly out of nowhere, or may be constant, flying around, in, out...
1 (3.2%)
House Monsters--Shadowy places, whether the closet or underneath the bed...
5 (16.1%)
Supernatural Monsters--From another dimension, from space, or incomprehensible nonsense, these beings can be ultra powerful.
8 (25.8%)
Religious Monsters--Religous freaks see the Devil everywhere...do you?
3 (9.7%)
"Other" Monsters--If you have to use this category, PLEASE explain!
2 (6.5%)
None
2 (6.5%)
None
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Print

Author Topic: Monsters  (Read 8135 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
I'm primarily scared of being assimilated into the Borg and/or the Combine Overwatch. Also, Cthulhu.
every

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
Call me crazy for doing this, but the reason I don't sleep on my back is because I'm scared of being possessed by something. Demons, ghosts and shadow people give me the willies.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
I'm primarily scared of being assimilated into the Borg and/or the Combine Overwatch. Also, Cthulhu.

If you're scared about the Borg, get off the computer.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »
Get off the computer...? The Borg were smothered in cybernetics. I'd say the Internet is a long ways away from being a Collective. And while the Combine Overwatch are pretty scary underneath that suit (ever see the armorless guy on a monitor in Nova Prospekt?), they only take volunteers or prisoners of war. Also, they tend to kill rebels before capturing them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:14:36 PM by Suffix »

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »
I didn't mean the Borg in a Star trek sense, I meant it in a general sense. Humans are already being cyborged in many ways -- Turtlekid1 could be a robot and we would never know. 

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »
I've not been informed of this! Turtlekid1, turn off your random sentence fragment replacement algorithm! You can't fool us any more!

That was a terrible joke.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:24:34 PM by Suffix »

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »
It's obvious he's robotic. He's always talking about how much he wants oil and new bolts and screws. That's not a very human request, unless he's a mechanic. He also never laughs at jokes and cannot feel love. Well, jeez, again that could be a mechanic.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »
The Borg are a Star Trek thing, and while they're based on the idea of cyborgs, it's a very different thing that you can't just say is happening on Earth.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »
Call me crazy for doing this, but the reason I don't sleep on my back is because I'm scared of being possessed by something. Demons, ghosts and shadow people give me the willies.
I never sleep on my back mostly because it gives me a sore throat in the morning. Then again, that could be a side-effect of being possessed.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 12:01:15 AM »
Really? Did you ever find yourself spewing up gallons of ectoplasmic goo? That could be another side effect.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »
I don't purposely sleep on my back because of sleep paralysis, night terrors, and sleep apnea.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
Yeah, me too.
If I fall asleep on my back, or if I'm really tired, I often will have sleep paralysis, and it sure can be scary.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »
I don't sleep on my back because it's uncomfortable for me.

When I was a little kid, I had this recurring nightmare that a tall, skinny pale dude with bony fingers wearing a black jumpsuit would walk around my house and other locations, slipping pills into people's drinks, and I was the only one who could see him. I forget what the pills actually did in the dreams (maybe nothing), but it was still scary.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 11:35:22 PM »
I don't purposely sleep on my back because of sleep paralysis, night terrors, and sleep apnea.
Whoah! Now I'm definitely not doing it (then again, I doubt those happen all the time).

You know what's been troubling my dreams a few times in the last year or so? Myself. I probably mentioned this before, but I've had at least three incidents where I've done crazy stuff in my sleep. You see, there's these two mechanisms in your brain that kick into action whenever you sleep. One makes you not move, one keeps you asleep. If the latter drops the ball, you may be temporarily paralyzed (like Luigison said) or see parts of your dream around you when you wake up (a phenomenon many point to as the explanation for accounts of late-night alien abductions. But if the former doesn't do its job right, you can sleepwalk--or worse. The first time this... "thing" happened to me, I was in a hotel in India. Now, this may have been a side-effect of medication I had taken earlier (it supposedly had the side-effect of mild hallucinations--my mom saw people with guns standing in her room), but in my sleep, I spontaneously got up and started shaking my brother in the neighboring bed while groaning (in my dream-state, I remember that I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was trying to wake him to help me because something was trying to "get" me). The second time was several months later at home. Now, my memory of the occasion is obviously somewhat blurry, but I think I was screaming and tried to run down the hall. However, my legs were rubbery and I fell down. And just a couple weeks ago, I sleep-sorted through my bookshelf under the assumption that something had crawled into it. I figured it had just been a vivid dream until I saw a section of books on the shelf pushed in that afternoon.

Man, this is starting to turn into the "Whacko Dreams" thread...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »
I've had sleep paralysis happen to me a few times. It isn't fun and it's a struggle to wake up when you know you want to but can't.

Print