Print

Author Topic: Friday the 13th  (Read 17574 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
Maybe it runs on ethanol.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2008, 10:27:16 PM »
Which probably takes even more standard petroleum to manufacture.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2008, 11:37:31 PM »
Not to mention that corn is pretty expensive too.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2008, 06:29:13 AM »
I like how you keep saying we don't have the technology for this or that, as if it has anything to do with anything.

I like how you completely disregard what I say because if you think about it, I'm right.  I'm saying, we only recently had the technology to study the ozone layer, effects of CO2, etc., so we can't know what will happen in the long run.

Maybe it runs on ethanol.

Hooray for environmentalists!  First they ruin the economy by not letting us drill for more oil, then they make up an "alternative fuel" that isn't even as efficient, much less better; and it's crippling our food supply.  How ironic that people worried about global catastrophe would help the world starve.

...I would really rather not talk about this anymore, because this could become a flame war before we know it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:32:57 AM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »
Crippling our food supply?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Do you know anything at all about corn?
Also, we already know that CO2 traps heat and doesn't let it leave the atmosphere. So I don't think anyone's really willing to let it accumulate and find out what happens. We already stopped the ozone hole after we quit mass use of CFCs. You have no idea what you're talking about.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2008, 08:57:50 AM »
Here's my final stance on the whole thing:

Let's all just do what we think is right and wait and see what happens.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2008, 10:57:59 AM »
Here's my final stance: Global Warming is a hoax, but I don't want to hate anyone on this board over a petty argument.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »
Here's my Final Smash:

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »
My final stance is that corn is expensive.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2008, 01:25:50 PM »
Turtlekid1 keeps saying we don't know anything beyond 50 years back, but we actually have records of atmosphere and climate for about 600,000 years back. You know when scientists drill ice cores in Antarctica? That's what they're looking at. CO<subscript>2</subscript> is currently (since the Industrial Revolution) at the highest concentration of those 600,000 years (interglacial cycle only lasts 200,000 years). Oxygen levels are down. Methane is about three times what it normally used to be.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »
This topic seems to be getting out of hand.

All I can say about global warming, is that if the Earth does get fried'd, or blow'd up, it won't really matter, because we would all be dead. I don't see how a "Friday the 13th" Thread could have took this kind of direction.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
I kind of did, but only because it took me a few seconds to get it.

You know, I decided a while back that I'm going to make a shirt that says "TOLD YOU SO" in massive letters and wear it whenever I'm right. Right now, the only date I've got set to don it is December 21, 2012.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2008, 08:45:16 PM »
And why that date?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2008, 12:14:47 AM »
If you don't know already, don't bother. It doesn't actually matter.
That was a joke.

Print