Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 104555 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2008, 07:17:51 PM »
Then how come every new game I play takes me a few hours to beat without dying, yet the older games still kick my behind to Alaska and back again?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2008, 07:18:43 PM »
Because it's a combination of the two (however, if it makes CW feel better to believe otherwise, then who am I to stop him?).

Assessing all of that and not counting the possibility that I might enjoy Brawl more than you enjoy all video games altogether, I'd say you logically like the Wii more than I do!
Whoa, wait... What? What?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »
I meant to imply that it was, as you say, a combination of the two.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
Oh. Sorry about that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2008, 07:39:11 PM »
Maybe you're bad at classic sidescrollers. Super Paper Mario's system makes it easier to not die than other games, but the 3-D games make me watch Mario die way more than Super Mario Bros. or World. They. are. very. easy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »
It's true, games in general have gotten easier, which either good or bad, depending on the game.
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »
It's definitely bad that games are getting easier.  The only game that I think should get easier is pikmin and pikmin 2. Those are the hardest games I've ever played, esspecially pikimin 2.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2008, 02:16:30 AM »
If the Pikmins are the hardest games you've played, don't complain about games getting easier. Just play the thousands of games already out there that are harder than Pikmin 2.

Plenty of brutal games are constantly coming out. Constantly. And if that's not enough for you, go online in just about anything for further brutalization.

« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2008, 02:18:30 AM »
Then how come every new game I play takes me a few hours to beat without dying, yet the older games still kick my behind to Alaska and back again?
What new games are these? Be specific.

« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2008, 06:41:26 AM »
The quote button exists for a reason. Please use it.

Anyway, what you mentioned would be another example of "casualization," as ShadowBrain mentioned. Or it may just be a reflection of how most games these days are easier than games from the 1980s.

Okay, I used it. Happy now? :P

The only real reason I made that comment was because ShadowBrain seemed to be saying that the "causalization" was only a very recent thing (correct me if I'm wrong though). That seems to be the biggest complaint about Nintendo today - but the reality is that you could apply it to any era of Nintendo after the SNES age. After all, the N64 often is considered to be when Nintendo first started losing traction in the video game industry. Yeah, Nintendo is doing a lot better now, but that's what makes people say that Nintendo is to casual. Without all the non-gamer support, theoretically Nintendo wouldn't be doing nearly as well now, and so people complain that Nintendo is not focusing on games enough.

I realize that there's other things that factor into the equation as well - the main point I was trying to make is that the term "casualization" can't just be applied to the Wii. People have been complaining for ages now that Nintendo is a kiddy system, so this is nothing new.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2008, 08:56:32 AM »
What new games are these? Be specific.

Pretty much anything on Nintendo's systems, which is why after this post:

If the Pikmins are the hardest games you've played, don't complain about games getting easier. Just play the thousands of games already out there that are harder than Pikmin 2.

Plenty of brutal games are constantly coming out. Constantly. And if that's not enough for you, go online in just about anything for further brutalization.

...I realized that video games in general aren't getting easier. Just the ones Nintendo makes.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
Why aren't RPGs games? You play, your decisions and actions determine whether you win or lose, and if you like that, you have fun. All I have to do in, say, Super Mario Bros. 3, is hold the B button and right, press A every so often, and I see some credits at the end. Same basic concept.

I just got done telling MJ about how lame games sound when you break them down, and.... you just did it.

It's not their fault I'm good enough at Mario to beat Galaxy in three days. I can beat almost any other Mario game just as fast or faster. What's the idea behind there ever being more than one 3-D Mario adventure on one console, though? That has never happened unless you count Luigi's Mansion.

They should crank out maybe two per console.... but Heaven forbid Nintendo does that because if they fired off Galaxy 2 on the Wii.... itd be "Super Mario Galaxy" with a "2" kinda stapled somewhere on the screen. I'd imagine it'd be a clone or the quality would kinda go down because "OMG WE'RE MAKING MORE THAN 1 MARIO ADVENTURE GAME FOR THE WII WHAT??? THIS IS STRANGE!!!!" I imagine they'd be like "WHINE WHINE WHINE We just DID Mario Galaxy... I don't wanna!!!!!!!!!!!" and then make it a Sunshine type deal.

You know, with Nintendo not trying to bring in the core at all and making stupid games toward the casual folks, I feel like my gaming has just come to an end... just like wow, NES, etc., now here comes the Wii, the end of the line. My Wii collects dust and if I ever play it... I'm only playing Wii Sports. Galaxy I'm saving until someone wants to watch it that hasn't ever played it... Smash Bros.... and 1 player doesn't mix after Subspace, Super Paper Mario, done with everything, and Wii Sports is truly the only game I've been playing since I played Smash with an idiot about 2 1/2 months ago. Wii Play = blegh. I like Cow Racing, and the music to that.

Sure you'll say "OH JUST PLAY DE BLOB OR SOME LITTLE RPG OR SOMETHING." Well, about half of what Nintendo is/will be churning out I'm not into it. Rayman, Mushroom Men, etc. looks stupid. I even was wondering about Boom Blox and now it just seems like... yeah let's go blam some blocks, okay, cool. I'm into racing games and whatnot. Forza 2 (better than Gran Turismo, don't argue with me), Call of Duty 4, Burnout Paradise, Skate, Grand Theft Auto 4, etc. All amazing games! The thing is, Nintendo has a lack of good games like that. Skate It will be stupid but "WHOA SPIN THE WIIMOTE TO DO A SHUVIT WOW SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL,"  Burnout was dropped a long time ago, Grand Theft Auto will never be ported to the Wii in any extremely dumbed down form. You might now say "WII HAS RACING GAMES." Okay, Excite Truck isn't... what I'm after, for example. I read about "Jeep Thrills" and "Ferrari Challenge" or something like that coming out next year and I'm REALLY, REALLY scared they will be low quality, crappy games equivalent to that of the early GT Pro Series for Wii, one of the worst racing game I've laid eyes on. Just another crappy, Auto Modellista looking rip off (I like Auto Modellista, mind you.) with the worst control for driving. I HATE the remote used for steering. If Mario Kart didn't have the GCN controller option, I would still not know what the game was about. Never woulda played it.

But anyway, another long post. Nintendo must be playing the mario party (or 2?) mini-game where you must cast your line out with the glove on the end and reel in coins.... The casual gamers represent the treasure chest with many coins while people like us, actual gamers, represent the lame, insignificant single coins in the very front.... and we only get reeled in when they accidentally miss the casual crowd and randomly latch onto us.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »
Galaxy I'm saving until someone wants to watch it that hasn't ever played it... Smash Bros.... and 1 player doesn't mix after Subspace, Super Paper Mario, done with everything ...
You can still get enjoyment out of a game after you've completed it, you know. I've beaten SPM 3 times (and probably about to do my 4th in the near future) and I continue to play Galaxy even though I've completed it 100%. Just because you finish the game, it can't be fun anymore? Who said that?

I apologize if this isn't what you meant.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »
Galaxy I'm saving until someone wants to watch it that hasn't ever played it...
May I say... you're a fool?

Well, about half of what Nintendo is/will be churning out I'm not into it. Rayman, Mushroom Men, etc. looks stupid. I even was wondering about Boom Blox and now it just seems like... yeah let's go blam some blocks, okay, cool.
Nintendo didn't make any of those games. May I say again... you're a fool?
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »
You'll call them a fool whether they give permission or not, so why not save yourself the trouble of asking?

Kingdom Hearts is barely an RPG.

Based on past posts on both sides, I'm going to go out on a limb and say we have different tastes in games.

It's true, games in general have gotten easier, which either good or bad, depending on the game.

Jak2--80's difficulty, 2000's graphics, storyline, and game mechanics.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print