Print

Author Topic: Why Melee Is Better Than Brawl  (Read 57443 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »
I was gonna sell SPM and Wii Play until.....

Wii Play = 4 dollars
SPM = 8 dollars.

$12 = no.
Formerly quite reasonable.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
I have never really seen the point of selling games. Sure, those few dollars might help you buy a new game, but what if you want to play your old game again sometime in the future?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »
I have never really seen the point of selling games. Sure, those few dollars might help you buy a new game, but what if you want to play your old game again sometime in the future?
That's my stance on the issue.  The only times I've ever sold/traded a game was Ping Pals and RE4.  I traded RE4 for Pikmin2.  One of the best decisions I made.  Both are great, but Pikmin2 is more of my kind of game.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
The only times I've ever sold--or participated in the selling of--a game was when they were ones I never really wanted in the first place (obtained under various circumstances).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »
*coughcoughPowerboatRacingcoughcough*
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »

This is the reason I kick myself for getting rid of Super Princess Peach. Sure she was a little weak, but I just couldn't quit playing.. until I traded it for credit towards New SMB (along with YIDS.. I don't miss that game at all)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »
Being as how I'm dirt poor, I sell games as soon as I've completed the main game, or once I've also completed all the bonus content, assuming it's worthy of my time/exists. A few rare cases are games that I can't bear to part with (Resident Evils, Zeldas), have kickass multiplayer (Call of Duties, Halos, Guitar Heroes), or are fun to play even after I've beaten them (GTAs, Guitar Heroes).
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2008, 08:13:50 AM »
I sold my first GCN* the other day so I'd have some extra cash for Christmas presents.   I was kind of expecting I'd get $15 out of it, but no, just about 9 and a half.  I wasn't expecting much out of it, but I didn't really expect that little.

*My dad's girlfriend bought me a new GCN because she heard that my niece and nephews peeled the analogue padding off my first and favorite GCN controller.  So, due to a slight misunderstanding, I had two functional GCN units.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2008, 11:35:11 PM »
Yeah, people who pretty much lease their new games and have them until the next comes out....just kinda get to me. I've never sold a game in my life and I doubt that I'll sell Wii Play or SPM anyway. I just couldn't stand a fella I knew that would always get a Mario game and sell it fulfilling the minimum requirements to beat the game. Sold SM64 ([wtd]) after 70 stars, Sunshine after 70 shine sprites, and sold Galaxy ([wtd]) after getting 60 stars. What the hell, my friend.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2008, 04:28:47 AM »
Yeah, people who pretty much lease their new games and have them until the next comes out....just kinda get to me. I've never sold a game in my life and I doubt that I'll sell Wii Play or SPM anyway. I just couldn't stand a fella I knew that would always get a Mario game and sell it fulfilling the minimum requirements to beat the game. Sold SM64 ([wtd]) after 70 stars, Sunshine after 70 shine sprites, and sold Galaxy ([wtd]) after getting 60 stars. What the hell, my friend.

What the hell indeed, it's like that guy has no real attachment to the game. Plays through it once, figures that's enough for one lifetime, and pitches it. Now, true, some games last so long that if you did play them non-stop, you wouldn't want to spend one more minute with Mario lest you went berserk. Well, that and the ending should put a nice cap on things that you might want to leave on that note.

It took me over 60 hours to finish Final Fantasy X. I was utterly sick of the game by that time, not from boredom because I liked that the goodness never ended, it's just... well... *it never ended*. And then it took me 70 hours to beat Okami, which admittedly I didn't grow as weary of. At least with Okami you get a New Game+ like feature, which makes a subsequent runthrough fly by in about 10 hours. FFX didn't have New Game+ for some reason, and I'd rather kill myself than replay FFX right after beating it.

That's why when I beat a game, I don't play it for one or two years, or more. That's just so I can forget almost all of it so that it becomes fresh again. Star Fox Adventures had that effect on me because when returning to it years later, I'm still in awe of how beautiful and smooth it is.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:31:05 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2008, 08:05:27 AM »
I do tend to do the same thing when it comes to replays.

« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »
Yeah, when I finish a game, I may not play it for a while again (SM64, SMAS, SMW, etc.) but I'd never think of selling it.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2008, 08:44:47 AM »
I would sell Nascar '99 for the Nintendo 64.

Or not. Throwing things is fun too.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
I think the only games I sold (well, my brother and I collaboratively, for the most part) were Amazing Island, Spyro Whatever on the GCN, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, and Game and Watch Gallery 4.

« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »
What the hell indeed, it's like that guy has no real attachment to the game. Plays through it once, figures that's enough for one lifetime, and pitches it. Now, true, some games last so long that if you did play them non-stop, you wouldn't want to spend one more minute with Mario lest you went berserk. Well, that and the ending should put a nice cap on things that you might want to leave on that note.

I don't see what's your beef with that guy. Honestly, I don't have attachement to any of my games, for the same reason that I don't have an attachment to any other inanimate objects. To me, they're just games, so I don't feel upset at all if I sell them in order to buy different games. I'm not a hardcore a gamer as many of you guys are (and I by hardcore, I mean the true definition, not the one that FPS junkies now use to describe themselves), but I'm not a casual nongamer either. I'm just a guy who plays games at his own pace, and doesn't care if he isn't able to beat every single achievement. To me, games are mainly just for enjoyment, not a test of my "uber skillz."
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Print