Print

Author Topic: super mario sunshine rant  (Read 43254 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »
It's not a stupid challenge if you know how to play video games.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »
people are way too hard on it.
Funny that you're the one saying people are too hard on a video game.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
The Hover Nozzle was most definitely NOT better than the long jump.

I meant in terms of distance.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
No, I still think it's a stupid challenge, I don't think it's my abilities

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »
The Pianta-throwing challenge wouldn't have been so irritating if Mario actually stopped moving when he, you know, stopped. Instead of hitting a wall, stopping, bouncing upward, and then continuing to move when he clears the wall and falls into the hole.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 10:46:58 PM »
You forgot about how incredibly tacked-on Yoshi was. He can't even swim.

As for Bowser Jr., it's better him than the Koopalings. Allows for boss variety.

Are you kidding me? Bowser Jr. is one of the most stereotyped villain childs I have ever seen in my life.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 04:42:37 AM »
I think BP doesn't appreciate the character so much as the role he plays in keeping the bosses more original rather than just reusing Koopalings.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »
What I don't like about BJ is that he was too recurring in NSMB.  They could've easily had all 8 kids playing a role in delivering the Princess to Bowser using the "point a to point b then pass it to the next" strategy that the Yoshis used in Yoshi's Island, and there could still be a variety of original bosses.

On the subject of SMS, the poor choice in dialogue did not help the plot twist.  Or Peach's character for that matter.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »
I think BP doesn't appreciate the character so much as the role he plays in keeping the bosses more original rather than just reusing Koopalings.

He hardly plays that role at all. He's used as a miniboss everywhere and is practically a carbon copy of Baby Bowser. Originality my left foot. |:[

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »
Oh. My. GOD.

You Koopalings fans are SUCH BABIES.

You guys make me GLAD the Koopalings are dead an burried!

What he means is that less Bowser Babies make room for end-level bosses with variety. Not that BJ himself is original. Godddd, you guys twist everything, as long as it lets you get another "bring bak teh kooplingz!!!!" jab in.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 06:05:41 PM »
Many of us would love to see the Koopalings' triumphal return simply because we've known them before Boswer Jr.. It's like hearing a terrible rendition of one of your favourite songs, which somehow ends up becoming more popular than the original version. Much like how hearing the new version would leave a particularly bad taste in your mouth, Koopaling fans can justifiably cringe at the mention of Bowser Jr.

At the risk of inciting the rage of Guns 'N' Roses fans worldwide, here's one illustration of my point.

The Koopalings VS. Bowser Jr.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »
To be honest, I hate both Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Long live Bowser I say.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »
The Koopalings actually had personality!  Bowser Junior is just.....a failure in my eyes

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »
The koopalings never had personality! Why do people keep saying that?
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »
The only personality they really had was in official written material, such as the old NP Strategy Guide for SMB3. However, one reason I feel the Koopalings have potential is because their designs convey a lot of personality.

Despite this, both BP and Jim insist to me that "they'd just be 7 Bowser Jrs." if they were brought back.

Considering how much of a step up from the norm SMG's story was, I now want to see a plotline where the Koopalings want revenge on Bowser Jr. for taking their place as Bowser's heir.

Print