Print

Author Topic: super mario sunshine rant  (Read 43238 times)

« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2009, 08:45:28 PM »
CW, most of us can't. Being a moderator of a major video game forum automatically denotes one's epic gaming skills.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »
Nobody has denoticed my gaming skills yet, but then I'm no moderator either.. :(
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »
For the record, and I've said this in one form or another before but I'll repeat it: Super Mario Sunshine is hard. However, it's not as bad as most people think it is.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »
It's not bad by normal standards, but it is next to other Mario games, especially the 3D console titles.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2009, 12:58:24 PM »
It's a good game, but a lousy Mario game -- it doesn't live up to the standards of quality set by Mario platformers and it just doesn't look or feel like it's really in the Marioverse (mainly because it was rushed to get it out in the summer and it was an attempt at making Mario more like standard "cinematic" games with cutscenes and voice acting and serious plots and stuff). As an original IP, it would have been a cult classic rivaling Beyond Good And Evil in popularity.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2009, 06:57:53 PM »
The voices were unnecessary (as usual) and the story...well the less I say about the "story" the better...like...were they high?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine is hard, alright. Hard to enjoy.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2009, 07:36:11 PM »
I didn't think Sunshine was as bad as everyone says it is.  I liked how it has a perfect balance of action and exploration.
Victory... is my destiny!

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »
The reason Luigi wasn't put into the game is that Mario is taking a vacation with Peach and Toadsworth after he was trapped in that painting in Luigi's Mansion. I also don't particularly see how Luigi would fit into the game. Regardless of all this, I have always and will always have a love for Super Mario Sunshine, and I respect your opinion on the game.

Doesn't Luigi deserve a break after all that ghost vacuuming? As much if not more than Mario. Luigi deserves to go way more than Peach. She didn't even appear in Luigi's Mansion.

« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2009, 09:40:38 PM »
I would choose Luigi's Mansion over Super Mario Sunshine because of the blue coins. I hate them! There are so many and their hard to get! See, I'm a person who does everything 100%, and in Luigi's Mansion, all I have to do to get that 100% is to get money and beat the game. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but not a ridiculous coin hunt that involves doing things like race to the symbol that matches the symbol you just cleaned off the wall. Boy, is that annoying.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »
So you got all the best frames and the biggest mansion?
That was a joke.

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
So you got all the best frames and the biggest mansion?

I got the best mansion and almost all the best frames. Bowser is one I'm having trouble with. I haven't looked in awhile but I think there's others. I actually think getting the worst mansion is the hardest. You have to dodge all money.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »
Not all of it. It's commonly said the only money you may pick up is King Boo's crown, but I have "won" the tent with that and a few bills and coins.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »
Not all of it. It's commonly said the only money you may pick up is King Boo's crown, but I have "won" the tent with that and a few bills and coins.

I know I exaggerated. But still dodging most money when your using a vacuum and fighting bosses who have dropped pearls and you can't even control Luigi. That's where it's a bit hard.

« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
All of a sudden, this rant about Super Mario Sunshine has turned into a rant about Luigi's Mansion.

Not a rant exactly, but maybe a small discussion.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Print