Print

Author Topic: Should Waluigi just die?  (Read 59717 times)

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2009, 01:54:29 PM »
Give it a chance. I was skeptical at first myself. Play at least one round in any one game (ten or so microgames, plus the boss level). I can recommend either Wario Ware: Megamicrogames for GBA, or Wario Ware Smooth Moves for Wii (those are the two that I own, but I'm sure the others are just as good).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »
I was always kind of like, "hey, they finally made a good game that has Wario in it."
That was a joke.

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2009, 09:49:19 PM »
...the fact still stands that I didn't agree with the change of Wario's character. A lying, sneak thief just shouldn't turn his life around and become an honest business man.
Eh? Wario hasn't changed at all, making microgames is just one of his schemes to get rich! Wario will do just about anything for money, even if it means selling shamwows, or being in a Geico commercial.

He's still the greedy, ugly old man he always was!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2009, 09:39:07 AM »
If they were going to go the route of giving Wario a new image, they should have at least done a format that wasn't already done to death. Don't even try to say the first WarioWare game wasn't based off Mario Party, the title even has "Party" in its name iirc.

While I gotta admit the idea of nothing but pits killing Wario in Wario Land 3 & 4 made no sense, it was still hella fun tackling enemies, riding Jet Pack hats, and breathing fire with the Dragon Hat.

In fact, I'd say Wario Land Wario would have a better moveset in Super Smash Bros Brawl than WarioWare Wario.

Neutral B: Dragon Wario
Up B: Jet Wario
Down B: Fart Attack (this can stay)
Smash B: Bull Wario Tackle
Final Smash: Wario Man (Master of Disguise was only bad because Wario's image was already tarnished by that factory)
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »
  • That's the second WarioWare game
  • It was based on Mario Artist
  • It also evolved out of the minigames in Wario Land 4
  • Wario had hit points and could be killed by enemies in 4 (and probably 3, though I haven't played it recently enough to remember)
  • Wario-Man is from WarioWare Touched
  • Master of Disguise was bad because it was bad.
  • Wario World and Wario Land Shake were good, though
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »
So wait, he thinks Mega Party Games (which has no board game features at all) is based on Mario Party because it has four-player microgames?
Also, you want Wario to be lying sneaky cheating (LIKE GETTING A BUNCH OF PEOPLE TO MAKE STUFF FOR HIM SO HE CAN TAKE THE CREDIT) and yet you don't want his image "tarnished"????
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »
Alright, this is getting out of hand (and just so I don't look like a sore loser, I AM WRONG :D), this thread went from talking about how useless Waluigi is to a sequel to Yoshi's Island DS to me saying how they should retire the "Adults faces go unseen" act to me liking Mario is Missing and finally to another darned debate about WarioWare.

If I want to dislike WarioWare but like Mario is Missing, let me. We are entitled to our own opinion, even if its wrong.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »
No. you're not allowed to dislike WarioWare until you frzking play it.

And CrossEyed is right. Wario-Man is from WarioWare... Twisted!, actually. In which he had a red mustache. I liked the red mustache.

Edit: Also SSBB Wario's moveset has practically nothing to do with WarioWare, except his bike.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:02:44 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
Some of his moves come from Wario Land: Shake It!.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »
No. you're not allowed to dislike WarioWare until you frzking play it.

Alright, I'll play it one of these days, probably the one that uses the balance board.

And how can Wario's moveset come from a game that wasn't around at the time yet?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »
And CrossEyed is right. Wario-Man is from WarioWare... Twisted!, actually.
I thought so. I need to play that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »
Speaking of Twisted, I loved how everyone thought that title was so "innovative."

*coughkirbystiltntumblecough*

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
Wrong again Mr. Know-It-All. Rotating and tilting are very, very different.

Twisted! is the best WarioWare game. It's harder to get the hang of it though, and sometimes the gyroscope gets a little funky. Don't play it in a car.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:28 PM »
I never claimed to be a know-it-all!

But my point was, they already did the whole "move the Game Boy" gimmick with Kirby.

But I find it really hilarious that Twisted came out so late in the GBA's life. Poor Mother 3 got left on one side of the pond.

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »
That vid just blew my mind.

Alright, I'll play it one of these days, probably the one that uses the balance board.
Uuuuryaaa!

I never claimed to be a know-it-all!
You are a know-absolutely-nothing.

Print