Poll

Which ear do you cover?

Left
2 (50%)
Right
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Print

Author Topic: The Headset Conundrum  (Read 2210 times)

« on: April 27, 2009, 09:15:24 PM »

When I first attempted to use an Xbox 360 headset, I was faced with a problem. It was asymmetric and the mic rotated both ways. This meant I could cover either ear with the speaker but I didn't know which I was supposed to cover or wanted to cover. Probably thinking of my right-handedness, I eventually settled on leaving my right (dominant?) ear open to the game sounds and my left ear covered to hear sounds of bobman's death yelps.

Am I normal?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »
It's probably what I would do.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »
I put it on the right because the microphone invading my field of vision from the right simulates the gun on the screen of modern FPS games. I actually just made that up. When I first put on the headset I didn't think about it at all and it seemed natural to have everything on the right. I never felt that I had a dominant ear. The ear piece I have for work goes into my right ear if that helps explain anything?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:06:25 PM by TEM »

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
Am I normal?

No. But that's ok. You add variety to an otherwise boring forum.

I haven't had the opprotunity to play a game that involves using a headset such as that, but I'm going to say that I am often adjusting normal headphones so that I can hear more out of my left ear, so I'm assuming my left is my dominant ear (but I'm right handed).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:49:30 PM »
TEM bringing up work just remound me that at my ancient telemarketing job I think the headset mics came from the left. That may have been the true subconscious reason for me.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 03:07:44 AM »
I just put it on over my right ear. That way, my dominant hand is close to push the mic away so people don't hear me say bad things about Lizard Dude.
No! I don't want that!

Print