Print

Author Topic: The "I totally regret trading in that game" thread  (Read 13073 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
I'm 19 Chup.

I really need to stop using kids and siblings interchangeably. People outside my family always assume that.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »
not to mention they keep the actual disc inside a file instead. Gross.

How is keeping the disk out of the hands of shoplifters and unwashed little kids "gross"?

In this day and age, buying games at MSRP is impossible for me if I intend to also buy food, gas and clothes, so I buy used. Trading them back in helps me recupe some of those spent moneys. I have no intention of amassing some giant game library in this lifetime.
every

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 06:57:32 PM »
They're both gross, but I'd rather know my games I'm buying haven't been left in some place to collect dust.

How old are you Glorb, and why are you paying all that stuff by yourself? I pay for that stuff to, but I still prefer to buy factory fresh games, unless they're old, impossible to find or sold at ridiculously high prices (eBay sellers love to do this). Though I usually wait for deals and mailed coupons to use when I'm buying stuff.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »
GameStop keeps their discs in little paper folders. Out of dust.
Where I work we used to keep all our discs and now only some of our discs in TrimPaks. They don't collect dust there either. In fact they're better off because they don't get shuffled around and popped off their spindles like they do in their cases where people throw them around all day.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 07:30:31 PM »
I traded in this snowboarding game that was for Gamecube. I was looking for it one day, cause I got major kicks out of playing it, and then it was all *tear* *tear* I TRADED IT IN!

Needless to say, I don't like trading games in, but its great if you need/want new games and you don't plan to spend every cent you get on them.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 01:42:48 PM »
I once bought the exact copy of a game I had sold at a GameStop once.

Also, back when GS sold loose SNES and N64 cartridges on the shelves, I'd pull a trick every few weeks where I'd subtly swipe one off the shelf and sell it right back to them. If they ever got suspicious, I'd mix them in with a few of my own that I was legitimately selling. I personally still don't see this as any form of stealing, since they're just giving me store credit and their inventory stays the same.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »
How does their inventory stay the same? The inventory says they have one more than they do when you do that. You're just the type of person we had to take measures against where I work. Jerk.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
They have one cartridge.
I take that cartridge.
I give them that same cartridge five minutes later.
They give me a couple dollars in imaginary gamebucks.

Physically, their inventory is the same. Explain to me how I have managed to topple this mighty corporation with my Guy Fawkes Robin Hood antics.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »
Yeah that's stealing. Like call the cops and get a court fine stealing.

EDIT: Attached MSPaint drawing for the legally-impaired.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:37:34 PM by TEM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »
Glorb attempts to downplay the importance of the trade credit he just committed fraud to obtain, even though he obviously thinks it's important since he stole to obtain it. Jerk.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Yes, Glorb.  I just compared you to the Joker.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:31:05 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 08:23:08 PM »
I've only traded one game.  RE4 for Pikmin 2.  Still no regrets.  Don't get me wrong, RE4 was a great game, but I'm not really into survival horrors.  Pikmin 2's lighthearted atmosphere and exploration elements kept me busy longer.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 10:14:24 PM »
If Glorb started doing that now, considering how much GS is screwing people over on trade-ins, I don't think I'd care that much. As for the reality of the situation... well, that was wrong, but I'll cut him some slack for being younger back then.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 01:29:03 PM »
I honestly don't regret my actions. They didn't care enough about their catridges to protect them from heartless *******s like me, so in a way they kind of deserved to give me a five- to ten-dollar discount on my next purchase from their wonderful establishment. Besides, they'd get a good twenty bucks from the next schmo who bought SM64 used.

EDIT: Sweet, net myself a new custom title.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:37:42 PM by Glorb »
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 05:51:04 PM »
If Glorb started doing that now, considering how much GS is screwing people over on trade-ins, I don't think I'd care that much. As for the reality of the situation... well, that was wrong, but I'll cut him some slack for being younger back then.
I'd cut him some slack if he was remorseful and wouldn't do it again, but he seems to still think that he did nothing wrong.

I honestly don't regret my actions. They didn't care enough about their catridges to protect them from heartless *******s like me, so in a way they kind of deserved to give me a five- to ten-dollar discount on my next purchase from their wonderful establishment. Besides, they'd get a good twenty bucks from the next schmo who bought SM64 used.

EDIT: Sweet, net myself a new custom title.
I shot and killed a man today and I honestly don't regret my actions.  He didn't care enough about his internal organs to protect them from heartless *******s like me, so in a way he kind of deserved to die. 

EDIT: Sweet, net myself a new mugshot.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print