Poll

What is your favorite game in the main Final Fantasy Series?

Final Fantasy
1 (12.5%)
Final Fantasy II (Originally Japan Only)
1 (12.5%)
Final Fantasy III (Originally Japan Only)
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy IV (II on American SNES)
1 (12.5%)
Final Fantasy V (Originally Japan Only)
1 (12.5%)
Final Fantasy VI (III on American SNES)
1 (12.5%)
Final Fantasy VII
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy VIII
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy IX
2 (25%)
Final Fantasy X
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy XI
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy XII
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Main Series Final Fantasy Game  (Read 7388 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 12:08:20 AM »
I think I'll have you deported to Japan.
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »
The only game that was made by Square that I enjoyed was SMRPG.
Victory... is my destiny!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 01:29:16 PM »
Was it also the only one you have played?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 01:38:55 PM »
Which is funny because I don't like SMRPG.

I've not played much of the main Final Fantasy series. I was turned off of it by FF7.

...but I did like Chrono Trigger but that is completely different hrm.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 03:00:41 PM »
Please explain why you liked Chrono Trigger but did not like Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Final Fantasy VII.

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »
I have played Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts, both games provided me with no enjoyment.  I never played Chrono Trigger, can someone explain why this game is so "great?"
Victory... is my destiny!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 07:24:59 PM »
Chrono Trigger is great because first and foremost there is a frog--named Frog--who fights on your side. How can you not think that's awesome? Also, I guess, it has a really inventive story and a very balanced effective battle system.

Also, what's with all of the hate for Final Fantasy VII? Despite the large female following and the lot of nonsense associated with the game, it's still a very well designed game with a great story and some of the most badass characters in gaming history.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:27:54 PM by SolidShroom »

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 11:28:43 PM »
My theory:

The people who played VII on or near release like it because it looked awesome at the time. But a decade later, n00bs checking it out are going to have a really hard time getting past the fact that it now looks like something a cat threw up.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
My theory:

Kids never played video games before got a PlayStation and FFVII was the first serious game (decent RPG) they stumbled across. Years of nostalgia and lack of prior experience led to the idea that it is somehow a legendarily great game, even though it's really just a pretty good one.

Chrono Trigger is the best game because, along with Solid noting its advanced story, its level of fun and lack of boring parts highly exceed most other RPGs. Also it has Marle.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »
You can't forget that VII really did innovate some stuff, though, setting modern JRPGs on the course they took dealing with 3D and big-budget FMV.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 12:01:33 AM »
You can't forget that VII really did innovate some stuff, though, setting modern JRPGs on the course they took dealing with 3D and big-budget FMV.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 01:06:46 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 09:30:34 AM »
Well, I didn't play Final Fantasy VII until last summer, and yet I still really enjoy it. I mean, I guess some of it is nostalgia. And I guess I don't have any problem getting past the terrible graphics because I have a good imagination.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »
^^^^^^^
This is why I think bad graphics can be a strength, in a way.
That was a joke.

Print