Print

Author Topic: When was Bowser the most threatening? When was he the most pathetic?  (Read 14146 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »
Hm, I found Bowser the most threating in SMB3, SM64 (Bowser in the Fire Sea) and SMG. He was very pathetic in Mario Party games.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:17:34 PM by FlamingBlueMario »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 11:14:18 PM »
Most of the characters Rawk Hawk beat were generic enemies found throughout the game.

Generic enemies in large groups. You know nothing is more menacing than five Goombas!

I guess I'm in a minority here, but along with thinking Bowser is menacing in the platforming games (SMB, SMW, SM64, SMS, SMG, etc..) I actually think he is a bit menacing in the Mario Party series. Who else would have the gall to have a revolution named after themselves and distribute all coins equally, or steal all items from the losers of the minigame? How is that not menacing??

Least menacing is probably any of the spinoffs where he's playable and all characters have more or less equal values (Mario Kart, Golf, Tennis..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »
Geez, why cant people grasp that the mario series isnt supposed to be "scary" or "serious". I like that hes not super threatening.

Although of what ive played he was at his best in Super Mario Sunshine

edit: your aware the koopaling are returining in New Super Mario Bros Wii, right?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:26:33 AM by donugee »
Exite bots: trick racing [1333-5567-2647] Though i doubt any one else on this site has this game.
Super smash bros. Brawl [0903-9562-0486]

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »
Yes, we are.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 12:55:54 AM »
Yeah, Bowser is probably his most hardcore in Paper Mario and Galaxy. If you want to count the cartoons, he did wreak some havoc in the real world a few times which was kinda threatening.

I think it was mentioned earlier, he was pretty pathetic in Mario Party. An evil monster king, and he gets reduced to some misanthropic, antisocial jerk who has nothing better than to crash parties. Though to be fair, the parties often involve insane mythological stories revolving around stars and wishes and with that much on the table, he was mildly menacing.

But really, Mario Tennis on N64 takes the cake, considering how he drops in and scares everyone, but then smiles and basically reveals "Oh hey guys! I'm totally not here to attack you or do anything wrong. I'm just here for a good old fashioned tennis match. Sure we're archenemies, but let's put that all behind us and be friends for the rest of this tournament." I mean come on, at least in other sports titles he's still an antagonist.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »
Most Threatening: Tie between PM and SMG.
Most Pathetic: Tie between Mario Tennis for the N64 and the Mario Party series.

Meh, they're both ties.
GAY LUIGEH

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »
I'd say he was the most threatening in either Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy. In Super Mario Sunshine, after you beat Corona Mountain, you see a cutscene of Peach and Bowser Jr. in the Shine Sprite-shaped tub of goo. Near the end of the cutscene, you see an enormous Bowser, and he yells, "Mario! How dare you disturb my family vacation!" When I saw Bowser that big, I said, "Whoa."

In Super Mario Galaxy, Bowser tries to take over the universe and create his own empire.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:31:18 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Sqrt2

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »
Most threatening: Tie between Paper Mario and SM64

Most Pathetic: Mario Party 3
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 08:30:26 AM »
Every time I see basic responses to this thread, I keep thinking of those old "BEST and WORST MARIO ____" threads.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print