Print

Author Topic: Does Toad Use Weapons?  (Read 5928 times)

« on: July 25, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »
I've been wondering if Toad actually attempts to save the Princess. Does he actually use any weapons in any game to do so? If not, does he even use any weapons in general? The only Toad I can remember that uses a weapon is a guard Toad in Super Mario Galaxy. A guard Toad carries some sort of spear and a shield.
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »
I'm gonna assume "no" because Peach is always getting kidnapped by Bowser.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
Does no one remember Toad using vegetables in SMB2?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »

The green one in the Toad Brigade has a pickaxe. Also the red one can accidentally kill Boos with his headlamp.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
How in heavens' name did you find that image so quickly? Anyways, the fungal fiend has even proven himself capable of deflecting high-powered projectiles with his bare flesh, if that means anything.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:44:10 AM »
He used vegetables in SMB2, bombs and diamonds in Wario's Woods, a bazooka in SMRPG, bananas/koopa shells/lightning/etc in the MK games, a hammer (MP4), punches/kicks/hammers/etc (MPs 5-8, DS), has had a dance off (DDR with Mario), and even deflected projectiles with his bare hands (SSBMelee and Brawl).

In the upcoming New SMB Wii, he can also use Super Mushrooms, Fire Flowers and the like (even ride Yoshi).

Now, I think the answer is yes. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 12:50:26 AM »
(even ride Yoshi).

Sitting on a lizard sure takes a lot of effort.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:20:24 AM »
As Mario RPG proved, only a few can do it (Raz cannot, apparently).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »
Thanks guys! I guess Toad does protect the princess in Melee and Brawl lol. I never thought of some of the stuff you guys came up with.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 07:56:59 PM »
One more thing (that I always liked):

In Mario Party 3's Duel mode, Toad fights enemies with his own personal mallet. It's light blue and has yellow stars on it. Not sure why Hudson went with that. It doesn't appear anywhere else in any Mario game.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
That's a good one, thanks! I think I can imagine what it would look like, but does anyone think they can post a good picture of Toad using that hammer?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 02:02:50 PM »
Since Toad(s) are a playable character in NSMBW, yes.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
What about Toad being Peach's deflector in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Toad uses weapons in the Mario kart series.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print