Print

Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 25208 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
It's a few posts late now, but games that are exclusive to an unpopular system that a lot of the people who would be interested in said games don't have (the PSP) instead of systems that everyone and their mother has (the DS and PS2) are bad. So are region-limited special editions with more content.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »
It's been up and down for me on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.  First, the pics where on e3.nintendo.com, but not linked or shown on the site itself.  It was later said that some of the pics and 3DS stuff were just tech demos.  Then someone said it was official, but NoA started taking down the images.  Now, https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/16268409393
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
You will get a PSP someday, if you really want one.
I don't.  There's no way I can justify my purchasing one for a single game.

About the OoT 3D thing: it'll be another cool option (once again, assuming I even get a 3DS).  Better graphics and fewer graphical and sound glitches than when playing it on Wii64 (I hope).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »
I just started replaying OoT this morning. I've never gotten past the Forest Temple, and this is like the fourth file I've started in seven years, and I thought maybe I'd actually make some progress this time. Now I'm feeling like waiting it out, since I've been wanting a remake for years, just for the improved framerate.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
How come there haven't been threads for Kirby: Epic Yarn and Kid Icarus Uprising yet? I know this is a Mario forum and all, but surely somebody else thought of making those threads..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:12 AM »
The title is Kirby's Epic Yarn.

There's no way I can justify my purchasing [a PSP] for a single game.
Same, except for me that game is Dariusburst rather than Kingdom Hearts.

Guess which one is more likely to get a PS2 port? Guess where a potential PS2 port of either game probably wouldn't be released?

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2010, 03:02:29 AM »
Donkey Kong Country Returns is easily the best game of the show. Retro Studios has proven their worth with Metroid Prime and I completely trust them in rejuvenating the DK franchise and bringing it back to the top like it once was.

Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kid Icarus Uprising look great as well. Nice to see them do something new with Kirby and Pit getting some follow-up to his Brawl appearance.

Sony's conference was dull, but new Twisted Metal has me interested.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 07:13:35 AM »
I'm still kind of surprised Sony didn't pull a PSP3D out of their butts. Nintendo has a huge opportunity here with 3D movies. Until there's a PSP3D, the only options for watching 3D movies again are a $3,000 Sony TV or a <$200 3DS. And since most 3D movies so far are gimmicky kid's movies, the cheaper option is going to be much more popular when parents are doing Christmas shopping. Nintendo could end up with a virtual monopoly on 3D movies, barring Sony movies of course.

I'm just hoping the battery life is good. In the roundtable, Miyamoto said, when pressed on it a bit (he only wanted to talk about software there, not hardware), that they're hoping to match the DSi's battery life. I was wondering the other day if part of the DSi's purpose was to get us used to lower battery life. One more reason I really should wait for the 3DS Lite, though I know I won't.

I'm hoping we'll see some better graphics on the Wii now. Kid Icarus looks better than most stuff on the Wii. Galaxy 1 and 2 clearly showed that it's possible to do better graphics than that, but until now, virtually no developers have taken advantage of it. Maybe the possibility of their console game being outperformed by a concurrent handheld game will shame them into doing better. The other possibility, though, is that they just stop developing for the Wii, figuring there's not much point in it when the 3DS can do graphics about as good and has motion controls and cameras and WiiConnect24 and Miis and is pretty close to the same MSRP as the Wii. Which makes it kind of weird that there hasn't been any mention whatsoever this year about the Vitality Sensor, since that still makes the Wii unique. I have a feeling we might finally see a new Wii at the next E3. But not a WiiHD, or at least not just that. It probably will have about 360-level graphics, but it's got to have some new feature to make it stand out, which probably won't be 3D.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010, 07:18:20 AM »
I would get very nervous if they came out with a new system because I'm cheap and broke and I'm already going to have to pick and choose which games I really want and which ones I'm not prepared to spend money on.

*sighs*

I need a job.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2010, 07:30:15 AM »
Whate ever happened to that military shooter called Avalon, revealed back when the 360 was called the Xbox 2? That's what I want to see.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
threads
Yarn
Just making a dumb observation before anyone else does.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »
Whate ever happened to that military shooter called Avalon, revealed back when the 360 was called the Xbox 2? That's what I want to see.

Probably the same thing that happened to Duke Nukem Forever.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 05:13:10 PM »
They based the art style on an old ad?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2010, 05:18:08 PM »
This looks like it should have been an entirely new property. There's pretty much no Kirby gameplay shown in the trailer and where's my awesome Kirby music? What did Nintendo think they had to lose by not making this a Kirby game?
That was a joke.

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »
Sales and a chance to change up a formula that was in danger of getting stale.

Seriously, would the game be any better if it was simply the DS Kirby games on a home console?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print