Print

Author Topic: Bowser's Diary.  (Read 3539 times)

« on: July 19, 2001, 06:47:22 PM »
Anyone who likes Paper Mario as much as me probably got the chance to read Bowser's diary. Did any of you feel strangely about it? It made Bowser seem less menacing and more like an ambitious, misunderstood person who you should feel bad for. It almost made you wonder... is Bowser only like he is because of his constant defeats? Who should we really be rooting for...Mario...or Bowser? I know it's a silly question, but I was almost happy when Bowser won a fight with Mario, finally, after reading the diary. Then again, Mario is my favorite and always has been, so I'm not gonna become some Koopa Krazie or anything.

Next part of this topic: What about Luigi's diary!?

- Your friendly neighborhood Mario wannabe.

Before signature- Isn't it kinda funny how Twink says all of Peach's dresses look alike, and she says they're all different in certain unique ways, and all fashionable? I'm gonna try and take notice of whether her dress is ever different in the future!

Hey, my first name, it''s-a Mario, and my last name, it''s-a Mario too, so you know, I''m-a Mario Mario!!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2001, 07:19:05 PM »
Thats what I don't like about mario now adays. They make Bowser to be one of those "misuunderstood" bullies instead of an evil, fearful king you once was. Hopefully on gamecube he'll shape up.

"I'll never look back, I''ve got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2001, 07:54:53 PM »
I know what you mean, although the whole concept doesn't wake me up in cold sweats at night.

Hey, my first name, it''s-a Mario, and my last name, it''s-a Mario too, so you know, I''m-a Mario Mario!!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »
I think that plot is ok of people understanding that Bowser is a misunderstood bad guy. I remember the days when I first got into the Mario Saga when I first turned 8. Bowser's ideas was to rule the mushroom kingdom, boss people around. Now since ive read Bowser's diary, I think that the only reason he is kidnapping the princess is probly not because he wants to defeat Mario, but probly just wants to marry Peach because he loves her.

Yes I know Bowser's only way to try and defeat mario is use the Peach as bait but Bowser has been beaten by Mario like say uh... over 20 times? Bowser probly just dosent want to defeat Mario and just loves the princess.

Cause remember in Mario RPG? Remember Bowser teamed up with Mario to get his castle back? Well Bowser went with Mario to go save Peach in the chapel and Mario and Bowser both rammed the door open to stop Booster from forcing Peach to marry him.

You see, Bowser helped them defeat Smithy just for his castle back but when Bowser helped he did a good deed of saving the world with the rest.

When I also beat the game, one of the stars said that Bowser will probly never stop being evil untill a loooooooooooong time. I hope Bowser dosent become Mario's friend because the rest of the plots would probly be stupid fighting someone else.

LOL, Mario's greatest rivals have also been Sonic and Crash Bandicoot. Sega teamed-up with Nintendo as Sonic will be on Game boy advance and I just say it would be cool to see Mario and Sonic team up.

One plot I really liked was the Kirby Saga plot. Kirby had a rival called King Dee Dee Dee, and you see Dee Dee Dee wasent really a bad guy, just misunderstood because he stole all of Dream Land's food cause he was greedy. Kirby fought Dee Dee Dee in many sagas but I also remember Kirby had another rival in the Kirby game for NES. (The part when Dee Dee Dee stole the star rod and told Kirby not to put it back in the fountain.)

Kirby has had that rival for years other than Dee Dee Dee, so that means the plot was 2 bad guys fighting the good guy, but they were also fighting each other. In Kirby 64, Dee Dee Dee joined forces with Kirby to defeat Dark Matter, which haunted Dream Land constantly for years.

If you also noticed, in most games when you fight a rival, and a bigger rival comes, usely you and your old rival team up to take down the big one as learning how to work together than fighting.

This method has also happend in

#1 Chrono Trigger
#2 Pokemon
#3 Mario RPG
#4 Dragon Ball Z (It was a SNES game too)

(and a few others I cant remember....)

Do you think Nintendo has to have better plots rather than Bowser kidnapping Peach all the time?

LOL, I also remember that in those old Mario cartoons, Bowser had many plots of taking over Mushroom Land. I think I know why some people think it was poor plotting because the cartoons had episodes of like Bowser doing un-important stuff like kidnapping Santa Clause, Trying to cheat in a BMX race, Trying to rule Rome, Trying to take over the moon.

I would also liked to say in that Mario episode (Stars In their eyes) remember at the end when the little green aliens used their horns to sing that song to make Bowser's space ship crash? Well I just wanted to say that the song they were blowing with their horns was the original Zelda overworld theme when, which was an interesting cameo appearance. there was nothing mentioned about zelda either in the cameo.

I am the Nintendo Master!
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2001, 07:55:20 PM »
He's probably just gets a little lonely sometimes...He probably wants someone to cook him better meals,too. Instead of Mush and bland crud. Poor guy's probably no good at cooking for himself.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2001, 11:25:11 PM »
You know what?  I'll be completley honest. . . I don't know what the hell to make of Bowser's diary.  It does seem like Bowser has gotten a little soft lately. . .

As for Luigi's diary, I think it's great.  It really helps give Luigi a lot more personality.  The whole bit with Luigi talking about how he's terrified of ghosts was a very cool and subtle way to set up Luigi's Mansion. . .

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2001, 06:28:01 PM »
You have to think that when a video game is made, Bowser is taking something over. That is the plot. But what you don't see is the time in between, when he is his lonely self inside his lonely castle! He's got feelings, you know!
But you also have to think that he's pretty stupid to be thinking up the same plot (kidnap princess, takeover kingdom as long as Mario doesn't defeat my super-easy bosses). Well, Paper Mario helped to strengthen his plot, and I'm only talking about video games here.
Luigi's Diary was very cool. He wants an adventure, too! He's so cute! ;)

Exit, stage right! ;)
Exit, stage right! ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2001, 08:02:12 PM »
I knew this topic would get a rise out of a lot of people. I guess deep down inside all humans care for even the villain, no matter what he does. I guess this plotting kind of shows Bowser to be almost the same as Mario, except Mario got lucky and Bowser, well, didn't. It's a good philosophy on life, kind of showing how one person isn't jsut "better" than another, and whether Nintendo meant it to be in the games or not, I've felt that way my whole life. If only more people did, too, eh?

- Suuuuuuupa Mario san!

''Ey! Name''s Mario! I''m your main man! Your "rame-a-dame", Your can of "spaim"! *Gets punched.*
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2001, 09:11:33 PM »
I know. he was more evil before. I like Bowser even though he is Evil. I made a site about him so that would give it away.
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

Print